Hey, this book is actually good

Hey, this book is actually good.

Attached: 61k33tU1CaL.jpg (647x1000, 106K)

y-yes

In what state are you born in?

IN A STATE OF INNOCENCE!

I will never have such a good time as I had; reading catch 22.

Henry Beard liked it, which means you’re right.

Shit is lit yo

Something Happened and Good as Gold are also very much worth your time.

Great read. Anyone on Veeky Forums read the sequel?

Attached: Catch-22 (2017_08_26 17_34_36 UTC).jpg (1920x1080, 646K)

I want to read this but my local library only has translations, would I lose too much? I feel it might be plagued with puns and word-plays

Not american btw

I'm impressed with Heller's ability to just keep throwing consistently good zingers for almost 500 pages.

I've heard that the sequel is, comparatively speaking, awful. Personally, I was mad to find out that there was a sequel after that wonderful ending.
You should be fine. Some things might be lost, but the core of the book and its humor will endure.

No shit. Don't believe the patrician memes about being beyond the good ol starter pack.
Most of the wordplay just has to deal with the names of I recall correctly. It's not Joyce, a translation should be fine.

This book is my first read since breaking out of being an "I don't read anything" kind of guy.
Super pleased with what I've been given here.

Right? I usually get sick of books that try to be funny before I hit a hundred pages, but somehow this one managed to be both consistently funny and consistently good.

I am reading it right now. It's a pretty easy read; 140 pages in 24hrs, but the book's structure can be confusing at times because it jumps around a lot between paragraphs in a single chapter. Overall, I'd recommend it, but it's nowhere near as monumental as baby boomer literary critics claim. It's the sort of book your corny, nouveau-riche uncle recommends because it shaped his childhood and then you read it and think "It's good, but it's no Infinite Jest."

If you like Seinfeld, Monty Python, and Stanley Kubrick, you'll like Catch-22. Seinfeld especially because the main character is basically Kramer and his best friend is George Costanza.

Oh shit, sorry, I thought your were asking if it's good. Excuse me.

don’t listen to this user, he’s a bad reader

It's written by 20th century caucasian male, what do you expect.

I did, I was disappointed. Closing Time is a bad book, what makes it worse is that I enjoyed Catch-22 very much. I didn't expect it to be as good as Catch-22, however it was an abomination.

why couldn't yossarians bitch ever just chill the fuck out

reading Catch-22 in high school ruined it for me

The best of books.

The sequel is shitty though, avoid it.

explain. I read it my senior year and enjoyed it quite a bit. Didn't get a lot out of it but I don't think waiting would have added value

basically just a combination of
>hating English class and school in general
>hating my annoying English teacher
>hating being forced to read
>being tired of reading shit about WWII
I'm sure Catch-22 is a fine book, but it got caught in the crossfire of my teen angst