Tolkien

Tolkien.
Why do I read him ?

Attached: len.jpg (494x743, 139K)

Should*

Attached: 1514950449729.jpg (490x650, 197K)

It is an essential first step in understanding the nu-male.

Because it's fun.
Because, while he may not be perfect, he's still pretty good.
Because being popular does not make something bad.
Because his writing was apparently good enough to cause an entire genre to mold itself around him.
Because he clearly put thought and effort into his worldbuilding and, while it may not be perfect, is capable of being compelling.

I mean come on: modern fantasy works are almost entirely defined by how close they come to Tolkien. You don't pull THAT off by being shit.

>book that ex-spy, special forces, wwii veteran, direct ancestor to Charlemagne reads on a yearly basis
>nu-male

but really if you need convincing, just dont bother

Attached: 1508354173509.png (500x382, 278K)

Because Tolkien synthesized European mythology in a modern palatable form while maintaining good English prose. If you didn't read it from 13-18~ you were simply cut off from our cultural patrimony.

To go a step further and consult Jung, Tolkien performed something monumentally important which was to update the delicate mechanisms of cultural transmission so that the metastory and metanarratives in our ancestral tales is able to be understood, which is necessary for our collective unconscious to be made available to our waking selves.

also there's no niggers in it which is good

>and there's no niggers

Why is Tolkien fanbase so obsessed with heritage ? Honestly tho

why are liberals so obsessed with niggers? honestly though.

low IQ spotted

Because, they were slaves.
Because, they built the pyramids.
Because they were kings.
Because We stole Their culture.
Because they are smarter than us.
Because they are the greatest artists, writers, and musicians.
Because they didn't do nothing.

Hey low IQ here.

Now answer.

literally every chapter in LOTR has prolific reference to heritage, and how it directly affects someone's physical features and ability to alter fate. this is either because it's simulating the European pagan tradition of ancestor worship or because Tolkien wanted to intone that value in his work. Either way he signed off on it and his fans have picked it up

now fuck off brainlet

well for one, not wanting niggers everywhere and being obsessed with heritage have no connection. does it mean youre obsessed with heritage also if you do want niggers?

yeah in addition to that, one of the main villains are called the black numenoreons. what do you think Tolkien meant by that? They were of the African American race, obviously

I didn't brought in the niggers while discussing fantasy as a point in favor.
Was it necessary ?

The absence of niggers actually

Tolkien wasn't a white supremacist
>I do not regard the (probable) absence of all Jewish blood as necessarily honourable; and I have many Jewish friends, and should regret giving any colour to the notion that I subscribed to the wholly pernicious and unscientific race-doctrine."
>"I regret that I am not clear as to what you intend by arisch. I am not of Aryan extraction: that is Indo-Iranian; as far as I am aware no one of my ancestors spoke Hindustani, Persian, Gypsy, or any related dialects. But if I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people."
From Letters 29 and 30 in The Letters of JRR Tolkien

>white supremacist
this phrase has no meaning

try again sweetie

Attached: 7406cfed72283197f5b8babe00e3650f.jpg (687x900, 99K)

>someone mentions that they like the fact that the book isn't filled with niggers in a thread talking about why people like the book
>LIKE OMG IS THAT PROBLEMATIC WRONG THINK REALLY APPROPRIATE ITS 2018 AND YOURE A FUCKING WHITE MALE!!!! YOUR OPINIONS ARE WRONG!

do you also get your panties in a twist if someone talks about how nice it is to see so many niggers in black panther?

Again, you are rambling about skin color and what not .
Why is that? Are you frustrated ?
It's a fantasy book, don't assume anyone would care about you taking the discussion to your hateful little delusional world.

what point are you even trying to make? you type like youre making tumbler posts for liberals to circle jerk over

are you actually just a mad nigger because the white man is getting tired of your shit and you may not get a free ride anymore?

>its ok when blacks want movies and books full of blacks
>its not ok if whites want movies and books full of whites

make an actual point or argument other than telling me you got triggered because someone said nigger

Poor man.
Respect yourself more

Preach it sista papa bless *likes*

>i was only pretending to be retarded therefore i win the argument

literally the only thing liberals can bring to the table

Spotted the american

>using African American to refer to blacks in the context of a high fantasy world written by an English author

Attached: 1485240371944.png (492x440, 188K)

`spotted the faggot

Attached: gaeg.jpg (1013x800, 106K)

I didn't know Slavs squatted so early in their history.

>reminder that the west has failed and youre doomed to live out your days hiding in the hills under the rule of cruel men

Attached: 1507839184262m.jpg (1024x505, 91K)

>direct ancestor to Charlemagne

didnt know that geezer was THAT old.

I was coincidentally reading "Modern Man in Search of a Soul" at the same time as "The Silmarillion". Interesting co-read, especially Psychology and Literature.

>it's another /pol/ shits up another thread episode
Can this series just be fucking cancelled already?

pure reddit

Not liking /pol/ is Veeky Forums,Veeky Forums, and Veeky Forums, any serious reader has a strong dislike for the stupid bias that goes on in /pol/, sorry.

>any serious reader has a strong dislike for the stupid bias that goes on in /pol/, sorry.
>dislike for the stupid bias
>bias
>says the user who dismisses ideas and opinions he perceives to be associated with groups he doesnt like

really uh...gets the ummm...noggin...

Attached: 1518660364646.jpg (316x410, 34K)

Listen bud, they are fucking Nazis, ok?

if I ever saw an anime demon in real life i'd set it on fire and then merc anyone who tried to stop me. that thing is fucking disgusting it looks sick and like it was made by a pedophile on acid
this is disgusting, you should be ashamed of this post. /pol/ is awful, but you need to back too

Because he makes you want to fight evil and be good. He doesn't make good choices easy, but he does make them clear.

He's garbage.

It's a balm for the loss of childhood.

The southern Haradim are black.

>also there's no niggers in it which is good
Except for the Haradrim.

why are niggers so put out when other people don't want them? can't they do anything for themselves?

elaborate

>>>/idpol/ should go back, desu

>squatting
No Adidas jacket, though. What a pleb.

I have been waiting for more of this to come to fruition due to the disjunctive nature of this moniker. Even Ken Hamblin found fault with it:
>I'm not African-American. I'm Jamaican.

literally everyone knows its retarded user. liberals just like to use it to be annoying and passive aggressive whenever they overhear someone say black

Garbage
Trash
Rubbish
Basement lint
Unwanted Refuse
Is what Tolkien is...

>liberals just like to use it to be annoying and passive aggressive
That's what makes it so funny.