Hey Mom! What's for dinner?

Hey Mom! What's for dinner?

Attached: Sylvia_Plath.jpg (421x640, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

flickr.com/photos/likedaffodils/4854926512/
youtube.com/watch?v=nE8on42w-JE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

carrots

Attached: the synthesis.png (3340x3176, 656K)

Souffle!

Can anyone actually prove this is her? I couldn't find anything on it and its killing me.

I doubt it is desu

Yeah its not her, its actually by some artist
flickr.com/photos/likedaffodils/4854926512/

who is this roastie?

Some Jewess

Attached: 4855478414_46691bdf91_b.jpg (648x1024, 335K)

I think picture exists earlier than that though since its dated as just 2010 but it can be found on google in the early 2000s. I think this is the recreation of that picture.

It might be a Photoshop of it by the same person.

Attached: 23472457.png (740x737, 932K)

imagine licking those feet

Yeah dude thats the exact same oven and kitchen cabinet. I doubt she scoped out a replica

I guess so, there are some subtle differences like the burning stains on the oven and the height difference between the oven and the counter. I think all the sites from before 2010 that have it are bogus though + the artists lists the info of the camera used for the picture and that she used photoshop. I guess it really is by the artist

Yeah I noticed the height difference but everything else is so identical it must be from the lens or something

Yeah, everything excluding the floor moulding and tiles are the same. Every difference has to be a shop or a different lens/angle

Here is the room today

Attached: 3_Chalcot_Square_kitchen_2_nick.jpg (1000x750, 102K)

It's like everything BUT the oven is the same.

The Bell Jar is shit!
SHIT!

I mean, the oven would have to updated anyway

You'd think they wouldn't want to draw attention to it

The last one was in need of repairs after a careless owner left it on all day

Its one of my favourite novels, what didn't you like about it? I found it very relate able.

Sylvia at the beach

Attached: 1264573457.png (1108x675, 738K)

Yes!

Sylvia looking confident

Attached: 1.jpg (634x634, 55K)

Shitposting aside, most people who I speak to call it one of their favourite novels and I've never understood why. I could probably list off a load of reasons over many posts, but it would all boil down to one point: I just didn't find it relatable. That's just a subjective thing I guess.
I've battled with depression for many years, been on different medications, been to psychiatrists, etc. Yet I have never been able to relate to the main character, I would go so far as to say I find her detestable. She starts the novel as a beautiful young model with her whole career ahead of her, she has everything provided, she's well liked by pretty much everyone at the hotel. Yet her only problem is she's an unironic 'tfw to intelligent' type. She's a Mary Sue right down to being a self insert of the author.

And rather plump.

what about her left hand?

SYLVIA
GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE OVEN

I got that her problem was that she couldn't enjoy the things that everyone else could. Its nothing to do with being too smart or to good for people, I took that those things even made her feel worse about herself. Even if you can't relate its still learning about someone else's experience.

>Calling Esther a mary sue

Attached: heidegger-axelos-lacan-et-al.jpg (497x335, 34K)

>not saying "Something smells delicious!"

Her superpowers are just too OP

>daddy?
>are you in here daddy?

Would that contraption even work or was DFW just bullshitting? I'm leaning towards the later.

She tried to get back, back back to dachau and find her father with his luftwaffe and gobbledygoo. Panzer-man...

In IJ he had to cut a hole through the microwave door to make it work.

Her dad died when she was eight which means she was already through Freud's O-A-P stages. Not saying that it wasn't a huge affect on her though.

Yeah but microwave making your head explode? You would probably die from suffocation or heat first

>leaning towards the later

Attached: 183008504.jpg (766x1024, 317K)

I dunno it might happen. He probably died of being fried first but then blew up

This was the reasoning he gave

youtube.com/watch?v=nE8on42w-JE

A hole, yes. I seem to remember thinking that the hole would be larger than his neck since his whole head would have to go in, so somehow the space would have to be plugged, but then I also remember thinking that it was just an ironic device symbolizing brain melting depression and let it go.

Precisely, and an allusion to Plath for an enhanced effect.

I read a forensic medical guy in a forum who said that the water molecules in every cell in your head would boil in under one second, rendering conscious perception (as synaptic communication) flipped off like a light switch instantly.

wew lad thats pretty intense. inb4 some future evil regime uses giant microwaves to execute people

Look on the bright side, she was a good woman. In the kitchen where she belonged.

In the book Himself took plastic wrap and wrapped it around his neck to plug the hole.

I figured something was in there somewhere.

I felt the exact same way when I read it years ago

SYLVIA
GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE OVEN

Attached: 1506139547559.png (1054x526, 38K)

Esther is like a classic example of a character which exists to undermine itself. This is a subtle literary trick that you are likely to miss if you are too reactionary. Esther makes a lot of sense, and she is one of the most realized characters I know simply because of her outward actions and interior emotions work in ways that express so much about her and the book's themes.

Goddamn sun! Before I cast your immortal soul into the depths of /b/...um.. whats his name?
Asking for a friend.

Attached: 1422411962966.jpg (468x700, 56K)