I know this guy is a bit pretentious and has a fairly surface-level interpretation of the books he reviews but why does...

I know this guy is a bit pretentious and has a fairly surface-level interpretation of the books he reviews but why does Veeky Forums hate him so much?

At least he brings attention to serious literature and has a genuine interest and enthusiasm for it. He even self-deprecates his knowledge of literature often so it's not like he pretends to be holier than thou.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 145K)

Veeky Forums is not pro or anti cliff, it's un-cliff, guy isnt worth caring about

>At least he brings attention to serious literature
I have no opinion on the guy but why would I care about that?

because 99% of his 'peers' only review YA fiction

good. masses poison the well

>muh secret klubb

>he doesn't know what happens when everyone has the same interest
I remember being seven

>he is worried he will stop being such a special snowflake if more people like what he likes

I know this guy is a bit pretentious and has a fairly surface-level interpretation of the books he reviews but why does Veeky Forums hate him so much?

At least he brings attention to serious literature and has a genuine interest and enthusiasm for it. He even self-deprecates his knowledge of literature often so it's not like he pretends to be holier than thou.

Attached: IRLfaggot.jpg (572x520, 92K)

I've started losing respect for him since he's starting making videos about "biohacks" and regurgitating Peterson talking points.

what videos are about biohacks?

Stop posturing fool, and stop acting like your greentext argument is anything I haven't seen before. Think for two minutes about some popular things (politics, sports, etc.) and tell me what the discourse surrounding those things are like. It's mindless babble for the lowest form of thinker. If that's what you want your hobby to become maybe you should find a new one, because I have found most literature to be as equally despising of mass interest.

Why do you think you are above other people lmfao

because you browse Veeky Forums and read Homer?

how old are you

Not him but you really need to fuck off back to tumblr, dumb phoneposter.

not that dude but I mean a fuckton of people already read, dude. this isn't some dystopian world you're imagining. it's already happening, it's just that a LOT more people read harlequin novels and stephen king than herman melville or kant, and i seriously doubt serious literature will ever somehow become popular even if somebody like pewdiepie starts his book club (which imo he should, worst case scenario you have a bunch of pseuds as a result, as if Veeky Forums isn't 90% pseud already)

you are him

I haven't once implied I'm better than anyone else you goddamn fool. The import of my argument is that when a large number of any arbitrary quality of person becomes interested in something, said thing's quality drops. Why not try reading what I'm saying instead of trying to be my psychologist?

fuck off with your semantic backpedalling, fool.

we both know what you meant you cant escape this

look at my first few posts you literal dumbfuck.
>masses poison the well
>why is everyone reading literature a good thing?
>he doesn't know what happens when everyone has the same interest
It was always about how large numbers of people breed conformity. Please show me where where I was making an evaluative judgement about myself or people who read over those who don't. Protip: you can't

I would like to post such things to my channel. Ofc it will be nothing when it comes to views or popularity. But I figure it would be good to have footage of me spouting shit about books that I don't understand while some pictures emerge and disappear. I also plan to do it in English, which is my third language, to make things even more hilarious. That could one up my voice acting game.

>masses

there

masses=large number of people

what does he do for money???
I hate people who don't have to work and spend all their time reading. Of course you're patrician when you don't have to slave for a shit wage.

Having a surface level interpretation of the books he reviews would require interpretations in the first place. He pretty much just recaps books. Complete pseud.

He's not a critic and doesn't try to be one. What's wrong with that?

I unironically dislike him because he's handsome. Literature and art should belong to the ugly people. We deserve something too. Good looking people shouldn't have everything. It's not fair.

They're mostly decent ones though. And given that his community doesn't necessarily come into contact with Peterson very often, it's mostly for the best.

He's also testing markets dumbass. He's trying to bridge communities rather than sticking to the sad demoralised piece of shit that usually reads only books and calls that life.

He's basically one of the people here except that he has had an opportunity to get laid and probably will continue to do so.

I wish he didn't have so much weakness in him, but then I wish that for myself too.

You're taking pseud to another level with that use.

And if I have nothing worthwhile to say but also don't claim to, at the end of the day, there's still no reason to pay attention to me. That sort of honesty about one's lack of insight isn't admirable, it's the bare minimum.

Cliff got me into reading and will thank him for that.

>he wants to make serious literature popular
This is reddit

Bitch is you blind

>he's handsome
he is 100% not
good body, not handsome