Is he right?

Is he right?

Attached: 8321CA42-E487-42D4-8F2F-401463D0F1AC.jpg (1125x873, 336K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ROe28Ma_tYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It will be confusing since the word "faction" already has meaning.

Silly thread. No need to comment on such things. That man is irrelevant.

Please go away and do not come back.

Has this guy actually contributed to science in any real way or is he just meme celebrity pop figure like Dawkins, Einstein, and Sagan?

Dawkins and Einstein did contribute though but I'm responding to bait

Neil deGrasse Tyson genuinely seems to have a good sense of humour when it comes to television appearances, interviews and cameos, but his twitter feed just seems like buzzkill central.

pretty sure all three of those actually contributed to Science.

Einstein contributed a lot.

Dawkins and Sagan made pretty average contributions. The 'biggest' contribution of Dawkins was memetics, which ended up being a big flaw which no one takes seriously anymore, and the idea of the extended phenotype, which is actually useful and interesting. As for the selfish gene, it had been theorized before his book was written, by other scientists. Sagan did some relevant work with space exploration, but he really didn't do more than other hundreds of scientists whose names are completely unknown today, except for being a pop star.

Fiction => Fictive

Faction => Fact

Mind BLOWN

But the problem is not all non-fiction is based on facts.

>not all non-fiction is factual

Such as?

>Dawkins isn't a serious scientist because his ideas were either unoriginal or ultimately proven wrong
>Einstein is a serious scientist though

brainlet

>It's another "user on Bangledeshian Designated Street Forum says Einstein and Sagan didnt contribute to society" episode

Attached: 1517863908806.jpg (3024x3024, 1.7M)

I would love to fight Neil deGrasse Tyson in a one on one cagematch and show him who's boss.

>Sagan contributed to society
DUDE ALIENS AND WEED LMAO

Attached: thnk about it.jpg (977x599, 87K)

Didn't he one time talk about how philosophy is unimportant and science is the only thing that matters or am I making that up?

He says things like that everyday. But so do many of the uninitiated.

Yes, it's like he read two pages of The Republic and bases all his opinions on philosophy on that. Google "Neil deGrasse Tyson philosophy" and read some of his quotes.

Bile Neil the Engineering Guy did it too:
youtube.com/watch?v=ROe28Ma_tYM

you can't be serious

Attached: serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fhomeomart.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F12%2Fbooks-750-x750.jpg&a (750x750, 110K)

We can just call this fictive non-fiction.

Ah, I suppose I meant, which non-fiction books which don’t purport to be factual?

Obviously not every non-fictional book is *actually* factual.

>which non-fiction books which don’t purport to be factual?
Philosophy.

Wasn't that Bill Nye?

>Fiction is a genre

I suppose "Animal" is a species.

Attached: 1491165537130.png (616x592, 675K)

Creative non-fiction, essays, etc. (in addition to the shit the other user mentioned).

>relativity has been disproved
>the photoelectric effect has been disproved

>all non-fiction is fact
>hence, faction

Black Science Man really is an idiot outside his area of expertise, isn't he?

How does an astrophysicist manage to tweet the stupidest shit I've ever read

he got an affirmative action degree and hasn't published since. he was never a scientist and never smart.

He is a downright insecure factlet

Source? And if so, science is based around disproving itself and pushing thought on disprovable theories. Einsteins work is relevant because he got people to conceptualize space differently which led to new discoveries. Einstein would probably be overjoyed to know he's been disproved.

Kurt Godels incompleteness theorem states exactly that

Bill Nye has since reversed his opinion on philosophy.

I have absolutely no idea what he's talking about right now.

You guys realize he is being tongue in cheek and not serious right?

Non-fiction has absolutely nothing to do with facts.

Attached: 1521534095501.jpg (1716x1710, 941K)