Did this book make that one dude kill John Lennon?

Did this book make that one dude kill John Lennon?

Attached: 220px-Rye_catcher.jpg (220x346, 33K)

It made me want to kill Ronald Reagan tbqh

OK but why?

Yeah, Salinger was forced to quit writing by the government after subliminal messages he learned how to create from his time in the Counter Intelligence Corps during WW2 were found in some of his works.

Citation needed.

this is the only novel i've ever read in one sitting
if you havent read it yourself, it's essential

THE NUMBERS MASON WHAT DO THEY MEAN

Yes it did but it's a pleb reading/interpretation of the book.

>Yes it did but it's a pleb reading/interpretation of the book.
Elaborate.

A mindset is merely the product of biology interacting with a sequence of memes. This book was the tipping point meme that led to murder.

So yes, yes it did, but it had a little help from friends.

most authors of the 20th century worth anything had contact with intel agencies or occultism, this board is filled with people whose brains are inundated with ciphers, time bomb messages

Chapman/Lennon was the first victim of ya literature.

There's been a lot of questions about Catcher recently. It must be that time of year in High School.

Highschoolers hate the book though.
Only enlightened adults like me can appreciate it.

further readings into this?

tfw you didnt get to experience comfy and relatable cather in the rye in your innocent youth but instead but instead had to endure volumes of tolstoy and dostoyevsky which forever made you unable to appreciate their work

Attached: 1465541205001.jpg (411x604, 42K)

>Highschoolers hate the book though.
Ummmmm I loved the book, as well as some of my peers did as well, the ones who hate these books are the ones who like lil pump

I like both. Shut up right now or I'll sock ya in the head real good

Good for you! The high-schools who I am referring to are the ones in the parking lot vaping

Okay Ballard

vaping? delinquents have relaxed

>Highschoolers hate the book though.
No they don't. My class loved it and was pretty active in the discussions we had about it.

Love the book now, didn't then. I hadn't awakened to my subjective world yet. All was objective and I was really just focused on pussy and status. Now I've realized the objective is a proxy for the subjective, so I just cut right to the chase and get drunk. Maybe I haven't realized something. Maybe I'm just depressed.

it's out of necessity. too many kids find smoking gross so they'd be unable to get laid unless they banged some ghetto piece of ass

You haven't realized you are in control of your own subjective experience

Attached: 1521586124063.png (311x387, 174K)

I read it in college but pretty sure I would have liked it in high school too. I have the same mindset since birth, I think all steppenwolf type of guys would like it. Especially in the 21st century.
I think Veeky Forums is pretentious and calls or books which are short and easy "plebian" or "baby-tier". Most of the those who critisize this book in particular are anglocucks probably, because it is too overpopular in their country.

So I'm with a girl and she has on one of those pointy goddamn sad little cone bras and she asks me to take off my goddamn shirt before we make out. So I do, and know what the hell she does? She laughs at my back acne for chrissakes, just point and laughs right there in the bedroom and all. So I call her a phony and get up to leave the goddamn room but she grabs me by the arm and looks at me with these big ol' wet movie starlett doe eyes. Christ, that always kills me. It really does. So I make up my mind to stay. and she's giddy and beside herself and all and we start to make out but then I get this feeling, like way deep down in my stomach, this queezy feeling, and I remember jane gallagher in her red and whtie sweater and I realize what I'm doing is just wrong and phony and all and I just up and walk out of there. And then, on the train home, wouldn't you damn well know it, it just starts up and raining and I feel like gods up there, but not with the apostles, just alone, and he's judging me for what ive just done. But I couldn't help it. That phoebe is just so sexy. She really is.

I liked it in highschool, but I read it outside of class and then it was assigned my senior year. I'm 27 and reread it about 2 years ago, thought it was brilliant.

"A Perfect Day for Bananafish" is a godtier shortstory and a personal favorite of mine.

I'm reading it now and I'm pretty early on, but I think it's very good. Salinger is great at adding details that show how uncomfortable Holden is with himself and he's relationship to society. The scene with the teacher is a good example. He can't stand to stay still, he can't stand that the teacher misses the bed when he throws things, and he can't stand repeating something when he's already "admitted" to it. I know the change between youth and adulthood is a big part of it but Salinger sprinkles in great characterization through Holden's shitty recounting.