Dostoievsky

What's your favorite Dostoievsky book?

Attached: 51Lp849bMbL._SY400_.jpg (262x400, 30K)

pic related

Attached: notes.jpg (304x499, 38K)

I enjoyed The Double, I didn't think it would be as funny as it is.

That said, I've not read Brothers K, Demons or The Idiot, so I don't think I can weigh in properly.

What translation of C&P is best?

White Nights
I'm a cuck

P&V

the gambler, even though it doesnt stand up to dostoyevsky's usual standard its had a huge impact on me

I plan on reading either The Idiot or Demons next.
I've already read Notes, TBK, C&P & The Meek One

The Idiot.

I've only read C&P, The Idiot, and Notes from Underground.

Crime and Punishment

I've read all his longer works and a decent portion of his shorter works. Tolstoy is better though

Dostoievsky is hilarious sometimes, the scene in the restaurant with his friends in notes from underground had my sides in orbit

The Gambler resonates the most with me since I more or less live my life the same way.
Probably Demons but I am yet to read Idiot and The Karamazov Brothers.

Brothers K. I have yet to find a character that I can most relate to as Koyla.

The fuck

>tfw that scene hit too close to home to my own autistic fits for me to feel anything but empathy

Attached: 1521837893573.jpg (445x604, 35K)

I'm not surprised that Veeky Forums relates to Koyla.

The Brothers

The Idiot. You can't dislike Mishkin.

New Ready for Penguin. P&V are overrated and not very good.

Started Crime and punishment, what should I read next. It's either notes or brother. This is my first book ever, so whatever is easiest would be a little better. Also what translation.... I'm new to the book scene

>This is my first book ever
Like...ever ever?

Attached: 1406126228172.jpg (496x379, 29K)

Thomas Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Yeah... I'm quite the degenerate but I'm making changes and quite enjoying it. My reading comprehension is decent, sometimes read a paragraph twice.

If I'm to stop Dostoevsky, I'm going to start Orwell or blood meridian.

Good for you desu lad. Hope you enjoy it, it's a fantastic book.

Attached: 1504035119651.jpg (640x640, 62K)

Go read the Veeky Forums starting kit famalam. It's in the wiki.

i doubt it. he probably relates more to idealized fictional self. koyla is a saint, you are a person.

Read Notes next. Crime and Punishment is a good starting point for Dostoevsky, it is simpler than Karamazov. I started with Notes then tackled Karamazov and later The Idiot. Read Crime and Punishment last month and was pleased in how simple it is in comparison.

Cool, thanks for the response. Notes it is.

I bought dostoyevskys letters from the underworld in a charity shop, is this the same as notes...?

Enjoy the ride my man, Dostoevsky is a madman

Same dude

haha nice bait ;)

I was dying laughing when he talked about how he planned to not move to the side when that random guy would walk past him and bumped into him. Then for 2 years or something he kept moving to the side

Reading this book while picturing the man as Wojak made it so goddamn funny

Tossup between the idiot and bros k, read both at the perfect time in my life.

>russians
>good at literature
haha

Could you elaborate? What did BK do for you?

His name is Kolya, retards.

And I think it's perfectly normal to relate to Kolya, I know I did. I think a lot of Veeky Forums browsers in general probably feel like they were much better with words in their youth than their peers, and that's a huge part of Kolya's character. He's also not perfect,his biggest flaw being that he thinks he's a lot wiser than he actually is (which should also be relatable for many of us).

Also in Dostoyevsky's original plan for the sequel novel Kolya and his boys were going to become leftist radicals/revolutionaries, which Dostoy is obviously highly critical of.

Help a brainlet out. Why did Nastasia stay with Rogozhin, if she knew he would kill her?

IIRC, she thinks of herself as defiled and unfit for someone as pure as the prince.