Books that changed your life

No cheap pseudo science or philosophy

pic related

Attached: 51MojjPDpQL.jpg (314x500, 35K)

Friendly reminder that Goethe hated people fawning over this book.

Attached: 12rules.jpg (1702x2560, 278K)

only if they related to Werther

so what?

Reminder that Goethe liked little boys and thought he was a great scientist

Whether was super comfy, even though it's sad. Any more books like this you anons would recommend?

who gives a shit what goethe hated you faggot

I'd be pretty fed up if my book made people kill themselves because they felt like a character I made up

>tfw dropped Werther on the first page

Did the same thing, then came back to it. The first page is written differently than the rest of the book, definitely more clunky syntax. Gets real comfy after a few pages.

I've never identified more with a character than with Werther. Fight me Goethe!

The character was based on a friend of his that suicided because a woman didn't want him...

One day I picked up Ego by Striner and sincerely starting thinking about how I could improve my life.

Slaughterhouse-5
I read it at 16, and it was the first stepping stone into literature from children’s books.

Werther is the projection trap like shinji
You are supposed to identify with him (many people back then did bc french wars and moral crisis) just to be punished by your self righteousness and faux ego.

Oc he didn't want people to kill themselves and that's why he hated that kind of flattery, but at the end "Werther" as a character did what was meant, show the melancholic and frustated artists and young people that they aren't as special as they thought.

Sturm und drang is bawwwwwwww: the movement

From what I understand there's no good evidence that actually happened though.

no, the era of sensitivity however is.

I like Faust better.

Yes, I’ve surrendered to this thought’s insistence, The last word Wisdom ever has to say: He only earns his Freedom and Existence, Who’s forced to win them freshly every day.

Attached: 2chainz.jpg (959x1371, 225K)

Attached: dream.jpg (320x499, 43K)

anything by Albert Camus desu
Reading the stranger for the first time made me suicidal for an hour, and ever since I've been able to appreciate life in a better way honestly.

What did you think of the letter from November 15 in book two?
I've still had a hard time arguing against his position of his right for man to commit suicide.
t. Brainlet

good post

reminder that 70 years ago, a lobotomy was a recommended medical procedure to solve mental illness

reminder that today, mutilating genitals is a recommended medical procedure to solve mental illness

wait, Goethe was a pedophile? hahahahahahahahaha oh boy

Attached: milton_pml36799.jpg (550x519, 56K)

Attached: 1521811903980.jpg (3264x2448, 2.7M)

Unironically this, it's literally the final black pill.