Psychology Books

What are the essentials to psychology
Give me your best
I've heard good things about Jean Piaget, but I'm not familiar.

Attached: Pepe249.png (1465x1209, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P3FKHH2RzjI&list=PL6A08EB4EEFF3E91F
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hermann schmitz

wups, sorry it is not translated. what are you looking for? piaget is ok, but not particularly exciting. maybe Gregory Bateson, he is really good. read his book: "steps to an ecology of mind"

The obvious: Sigmund Freud is absolutely essential for psychology. If you're into new age bullshit, then you can move on to Jung.

If you're interested in psychopathy: The Mask of Sanity by Hervey Cleckley.

Others: Adler, Neumann, Frankl, Rogers, etc.

Read Jung, ignore Freud.

read both i guess. don't read the superstitious stuff by jung

retard

do the opposite of what this user said
there's also yale's course on introduction to psychology youtube.com/watch?v=P3FKHH2RzjI&list=PL6A08EB4EEFF3E91F which is GOAT

Lacan

The Bible, son.

>Top psychologist
>Their top book
>Your personal favorite psychology book

Attached: Pepe27.jpg (176x171, 17K)

Sigmund Freud is a faggot
Debate me

you should have said 'was' a faggot.
Or maybe you're trying to fallaciously apply his philosophies to life in the early 21st century

Attached: IMG_0176.gif (500x206, 1.71M)

He is and always will be a faggot.
For the rest of eternity, he's just a literal mother fucking faggot.
Prove me wrong.

No. You've had enough (you)s for today.

freud - "sex-aetiology of hysteria", "psycho-pathology of everyday life", "wit and its relation to the unconscious", "group psychology and the analysis of the ego" , "the interpretation of dreams", "beyond the pleasure principle", "a child is being beaten" and "the economic problem of masochism"

nietzsche's "the birth of tragedy" and "beyond good and evil"

otto rank, "the trauma of birth"

wilhelm reich, "the function of the orgasm", "mass psychology of fascism" and "character analysis"

j.j. gibson's "the perception of the visual world (1950)" and "the ecological approach to perception (1979)"

melanie klein's work. also martin heidegger's works, and marcel mauss' "the gift", and durkheim's essays, and roman jakobson's "child language, aphasia and phonological universals" and "closing statement...", and merleau-ponty's "the structure of behavior", and wittgenstein's "philosophical investigations", and deleuze and guattari's "anti-oedipus" in additional readings. but then if we are including so much, we shouldn't exclude anything by gogol, chekhov, and dostoevsky

for more suggested reading: malinowski's work on the trobriand islanders, melford spiro's essays, also those of r.d. laing; adorno and horkheimer's essays, guy debord's "the society of the spectacle", and michel de certeau's "making do: uses and tactics". and why not include wilhelm reich's "mass psychology of fascism".

edward t. hall "proxemics"
e. evans-pritchard "time and space"
pierre bourdieu "the berber house"
orvar lofgren "the sweetness of home: class, culture and family life in sweden"
steven gregory "black corona..."
setha m. low "the edge and the center: gated communities and the discourse of urban fear"

peter stallybrass and allon white "the city: the sewer, the gaze, and the contaminating touch"

friedrich engels, "on the part played by labor in the transition from ape to man"

robert hertz, "the pre-eminence of the right hand: a study in religious polarity"

marcel granet, "right and left in china"

marcel mauss, "techniques of the body"

victor turner "symbols in ndembu ritual"

terence turner "the social skin"

walter benjamin "on the mimetic faculty"

ian hacking "making up people"

anthony giddens, "modernity and self-identity"

janice boddy "remembering amal: on birth and the british in northern sudan"
patricia leyland kaufert and john o'neil "cooptation and control: the reconstruction of inuit birth"

gilles deleuze and felix guattari "we always make love with worlds"

barbara duden "the woman beneath the skin: a doctor's patients in eighteenth-century germany"

mariella pandolfi "memory within the body..."

nancy scheper-hughes "nervoso"

e.p. thompson "time, work-discipline. and industrial capitalism"

alihwa ong "the production of possession: spirits and the multinational corporation in malaysia"

margaret lock "alienation of body parts and the biopolitics of immortalized cell lines"

shigehisa kuriyama "pulse diagnosis in greek and chinese traditions"

keith wailoo "inventing the heterozygot: molecular biolody, racial identity, and the narratives of sickle-cell disease, tay-sachs, and cystic fibrosis"

He had a wife so he could've been bi, not a faggot.

Looking up both of these lists ty

Nice list, thank you desu.