Postmodernism cancer

Is postmodernism killing literature?
pic very related

Attached: Capture235.png (1111x434, 256K)

How could she not know Tupac is in Serbia?

did he find tupac in the end?

>pic very related
why

Its post modern?

how

This sounds more bizzaro than postmodern.

Publishing date

That has nothing to do with what genre it it retard

How does Publishing date relate to postmodernism?

synopsis

The synopsis makes it sound like a bizzaro book not a postmodernist one.

Synopses are postmodern to you?

>El Hermano Blanco

Because it's not medieval or anything else that is not from postmodernity

Bizarre more or less is equal to pomo

Call me fag and stuff but i feel literature died after ww2, the last real struggle of man in a romantic ideal.

How so? How would you define "postmodern" literature?

Fag

How do you establish something is from postmodernity, apart from a 21 Mar 2018 publishing date and not being medieval?

You're a fag and stuff. Literature is not dead and the people on here saying it is are still in their "discovering the classics" phase as readers. Once you hit a certain point you can start engaging with contemporary work in a meaningful way.

fag

Please, explain your typically postmodern, relativist view of this pseudo-equivalency.

People this stupid should not be allowed on the internet without a handler

Because I'm a postmodern too and I interpret things how I want, read Vattimo and fuck off with your facts and search for truth

The entire thing is laced with irony but I wouldn't say its postmodern

>read Vattimo and fuck off with your facts and search for truth
This but unironically

Apart from thinking you can interpret things how you want, why do you consider yourself a postmodern?

This entire thread is pretty post modern

There are no facts, only interpretations. We could be having a conversation but you chose to put truth between us, now get it out of the way and read Il pensiero debole or something. It's the current year.

no, you´re just dead. Leave literature alone!

fag

Sounds pretty interesting if you ask me

Give me some meaningful contemporary books to read.

What does the picture have to do with anything

It is the OP that posited as truth that the book in the pic was postmodern. I chose to inquire about the motivations since I am curious of how one gets to believe in such an interpretation.

t. nihilist

This, almost everyone here is under 25 and still ploughing through Lit 101

>the OP that posited as truth that the book in the pic was postmodern
No, the OP didn't. At most, the text could claim the image is connected the question, but not what the nature of said connection might be, it could be anything from a low availability to insufficient reviews to an excessive reliance on online stores, making it difficult for poor female writers to support themselves, thus killing literature shortly after it is published. If only you stopped thinking you could, somehow, gain possession of a fact from a Veeky Forums post...
Yep, that's me. In the flesh.

Thanks for the advice but I will keep on thinking. Good luck to you.

Learn to read user, clearly the OP implied it.

Then think harder
no u

it's time to stop posting now

no u

Fag and stuff

>Lords of the Rings
I will concede that Tolkien's academic works advanced the appreciation of literature greatly, and that his books literally carved out and fleshed out the modern western fantasy setting .

BUT FUCK ME THE BOOKS ARE HOT GARBAGE

ANYONE WHO WRITES FORTY PAGES OF ELF SONGS JUST TO PAD OUT HIS BOOK LENGTH NEEDS TO BE HANGED

AND CREATING YOUR OWN LANGUAGE FOR YOUR MADE-UP FANTASY WORLD?

THAT AIN'T FUCKIN' "KEWL" OR "SMURT", THAT'S ABHORRENT.

HE DIDN'T NEED ACCLAIM, HE NEEDED PROFESSIONAL CARE

AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE MOUTH-BREATHING CAPE-SHITTING NERDY GEEKY DORKY WACKY EPIC BOZOS THAT NOT ONLY BUY EVERYTHING HOBBIT AND RING RELATED, BUT TREAT IT AS IF IT WERE THE GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT IN WRITTEN AND CINEMATIC HISTORY

THAT GOES QUADRUPLE FOR HARRY POTTER AND ANYONE WHO EVEN REMOTELY ENJOYS THAT CONTENT AFTER THE AGE OF TWELVE

EVERY SINGLE "TOLKIEN FAN" OR "POTTERMORE PAL" I HAVE EVER MET EITHER

A. BRAINLESSLY FLOATED ALONG EATING THIS CAKED POOP SO THAT THEIR 'FWIENDS' WOULD LIKE THEIR POSTS ON FACEBOOK

OR

B. FUCKING CRUSADED AGAINST ANYONE WHO DARE BLASPHEME HIS HIGHNESS JOHN RONALD OR HER MAJESTY JOANNE, THE LAST GREAT SAVIOURS OF THE PENNED PROSE

FUCK THOSE RETARDS

I HATE THE BOOKS, I HATE THE MOVIES, I HATE THE FANS, I HATE THE MARKETING OF THESE SHIT IDEAS, I HATE ALL OF IT.

AND MOST OF ALL, I HATE THAT THE ONE GOOD FANTASY SERIES THAT WOULD HAVE MADE FOR AN INCREDIBLE COMEDIC MOVIE SERIES GOT FUCKING SWEPT UNDER THE RUG AS SOON AS HARRY NUTSACK AND THE SHITDICKSS OF ASSCANCER PLOPPED INTO THE MAINSTREAM

LORD OF THE RINGS AND HARRY POTTER WERE A MISTAKE:

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DISCWORLD

Dude, honestly fuck off back to Jordan Peterson's Youtube

That's not post-modernism

You have no clue what post-modernism is (neither does anyone, and if you see someone pretend they do they're just as retarded as you)

And this is not Veeky Forums

non-bumping

fag

I mean, Peterson isn't right, and he's not "wrong" either.

"Postmodernism" as he fears it is a spook, an adversary hewn from his own imagination. But the postmodern ideal of there being no such thing as ideals DID cause a bit of a shitshow in the art world. The postmodern approach originated in philosophy, where it served a distinct purpose to question not only earlier-held beliefs, but to question the underpinning mechanics of beliefs even being held. This user is partially right:
Because postmodernism, in the context of art, literature, music, etc., genuinely doesn't mean anything. In fact, you could even argue that postmodernism was co-opted by many artists for the purpose of indirectly excusing laziness; like the idea that throwing a can on a floor is art, or a story that's comprised of 400 pages of gibberish is a novel.

It's all crap, but it's hardly "killing literature", which is a ridiculously bombastic claim to make. There have been shitty books for centuries now, all of them shitty because of different shitty trends. This is just another in a long line of garbage movements to occur.

A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Inherent Vice, by Thomas Pynchon
The Buried Giant, by Kazuo Ishiguro
The Pale King, by David Foster Wallace

Those are all from the last fifteen years. As far as short fiction, Fish Rot, by Rebecca Curtis is pretty great.

Surrealism =/= Postmodernism

>For the record, we agreed that we'd both try and pick up some of the other's hobbies so please don't accuse me of disrupting his peace and quiet with my shrill wailing.
Proust wrote 60 pages of a party scene, and he is regarded by the literary elite as one of the greatest authors of the 20th century and far better than Tolkein.

is dirk nowitzki a fucking nazi?

>Jessica
>he
???

what about this book is postmodern? it seems like a meme book that might actually be kind of funny.

it died in the last few decades, its not coming back
its not coming back, its been dead, not for as long as he said, but its in the grave and we can't revive it

Post-modernism died after 9/11. Everything since exists under the moniker of "end-times literature."

bump

Just ask /co/. There's a reason most TV animation is devolving in both form and content, the same applies to literature.

Are fucked-up biblical angels postmodern?

>El
>Hermano
>BLANCO
lel

Attached: 1520667341660s.jpg (125x125, 2K)