What author had the most tragic life?

what author had the most tragic life?

Attached: title.jpg (1920x918, 161K)

the author of my diary desu: soon to be a major motion pictur

Tragedy only matters when its in child hood.

Kierkegaard
>By the time Soren was 25, 5 of his 6 siblings had died, as well as his mother and father.

Me desu

well, that's fucking stupid

Why did he do it?

This is a good contender. But I'd go with Nietzsche instead. Zweig's portrait of him is an orgy of sentimentality, as is most of Zweig's work, but he does make a compelling case that Nietzsche suffered from the most profound loneliness of any writer. Unlike Dostoevsky and Kierkegaard, who likewise had hard fates, Nietzsche did not even have God.

John Berryman.

Attached: Fyodor-Dostoyevsky.jpg (667x437, 87K)

Prove me wrong.

>born into a wealthy family
>single child
>get whatever you want
>go to elite schools
>meet beautiful future wife
>acquire family business
>marry
>live in nice neighborhood, country club, etc.
>2 kids
>one of the kids gets stage III stomach cancer
>even w/ all that money can't do shit
>chemo for two years
>kid still dies
>wife goes crazy
>kills herself
>deep depression
>son lives with grandparents
>father kills himself
Life story of my ex-neighbor

>be me
>trying to be a writer
>parents support my sister in school
>refuse to pay my rent because "writing isn't a viable career option"
>have japanese waifu but bored of having sex with her
>none of you ever respond to my posts, though I am clearly smarter than all of you
>sister recently dog eared my GoT books after I lended them to her
utter trajedy desu

Attached: 7C33DE83-7F57-4443-A4A4-AA566F69FBFB.jpg (815x1220, 190K)

>trajedy
This is why your parents don't support your writing.

Read Fear and Trembling. He wanted to be a Knight of Faith - in the spirit of Abraham.

God damn.

>GoT
You deserve misery

Fernando Pessoa.

Was he even sincere?

DFW had a really miserable life, at least this is my take after read his bio

>GoT
you chose your own misery mister

Kafka.

Horacio Quiroga of course.

Sad, sure, but nowhere near tragic.

I mean, how are we measuring tragedy here? Anne Frank died in one of the worse places in human history, really her whole life was in as a jew in persecution so I'd say 100% of her life was trying but her life was only 15 years.

Kurt Vonnegut lived a long life; born into a family that lost its' wealth, but he did well in school(mostly) and had a good parental figure in his life enjoyed his youth as an unprosecuted member of a prosperous nation. But then the depression hit, then war, the traumas experienced there would lead to Slaughterhouse 5. His sister died had to take those kids into his own family and feed them. yadda yadda, son kills himself, the wife becomes crazy religious, divorces him. He never receives critical praise after, I think Jailbird. Dies old (Wait I think he received for his autobiography) and now one book is taught occasionally in high schools across America and his extremely intimate details are available to anyone with the time to kill.

Now, who's led a more tragic life? Anne lived a life that was 100% trial, died young and unpleasantly. But where her proportional pain was far greater than Vonnegut's I'd say Vonnegut experienced more pain overall due to his long life.

Attached: download.jpg (196x257, 18K)

F

DFW's life wasn't really tragic. He was extremely depressed which ultimately led to him taking it, but his life wasn't tragic in and of itself. He attended prestigious schools, found great success as a writer in his lifetime and was notorious for having lots of sex, including some of his students when he taught at ISU. Seems to me like the guy had a great life but the chemicals in his brain skewed his perception so hard that he was unable to see the value in any of it. I don't know, maybe that could be considered tragic I suppose. Still, compared to someone like Wilfred Owen or Robert Frost, DFW's life wasn't too bad until the very end.

Giovanni Pascoli when he was a kid lost in a short time at first his dad, then brothers, sisters and his mom. He died at 57 for his alcoholism