>when I get home
>I read it
>it's not bad
>what the fuck
>Keep going
>Interest in writing and literature increasing
>searching books for writing and plot improvement
>today I'm contacting with someone so I can make the book cover
I'm fucking loving this. I hope it's not a 1 week thing.
Also general writing experience/inspiration moments thread.

Attached: IMG_2787.png (671x588, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kiVpWK0B380
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Making a cover at the beginning is retarded.

Design the cover your self between stages of writing. (This will also help you write)

Thank you for your advice user, but I would like to start searching for an artist soon.
And yes, I've been thinking a lot about what should represent the cover.

That doesnt matter, seiously.

If you want your book to be full of life, its going to change from your current stagnant thought about what you want to convey.
But sure, make your cover if this makes your larp more real

>But sure, make your cover if this makes your larp more real
Are you implying that nothing of this really happened? Over a fucking cover?

Attached: IMG_5060.jpg (720x725, 76K)

Im saying your week long venture of being a writer.

Now that's not very optimistic of you, user.

Attached: IMG_4110.jpg (705x527, 254K)

I've found that nothing gets me going more than reminding myself that if I don't write down my stories, they'll never be told to all the people I want to share them with. I don't have writer's block, I have an endless flood of ideas competing for space in my head, and I have to discipline myself to focus on just one project at a time. When I hit a roadblock, or lose motivation, I remind myself that if I don't keep going, no one is going to do it for me. No one can want this for me, I have to push forward for myself.

You're inspiring, user.

I like to think so, but then, I just started a three month hiatus from work to finish my novel and work with an editor to get it ready for publication. So I better be able to walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

On a somewhat less personal note, everyone struggles with something else. Some people hit dry spells that feel like they go on forever. Some people, like me, lose focus because of idea overload. Some people just can't motivate themselves, period, to do anything. But other writers have faced these struggles before. And they overcame. So why not us? What's standing in the way of us figuring out a way to work around the barriers to our progress? It's only ourselves, user, and if we can get out of our own way, we'll make it to the end.

is this image macro referencing a particular writer? i'm somewhat interested

Not really, no. But adversity and struggle are common in writers.

Ok user you stop and you stop right now.

Beaten to the punch... Well played.

>ome people just can't motivate themselves, period, to do anything. But other writers have faced these struggles before. And they overcame. So why not us?
I'm writing this down as a fucking mantra.

MANY FALL AT THE FACE OF CHAOS, BUT NOT THIS ONE, NOT TODAY

I like to think that, beneath the shitposting, tearing each other down over opinions and tastes, we're all just people trying to be happy. We all love reading, and a lot of us love to write too. I think that's worth struggling and fighting for. I'm glad my words could help.

Attached: 1279325499376.png (400x270, 58K)

Why are you getting someone to design you a cover? You've been writing for 1 fucking day. If the book is going to be any good it will go though multiple drafts and revisions. Your first chapter might be a good start but it might change multiple times throughout the writing of your book. Your inspiration today might just be a springboard, and the book could come out completely different in the end. Whatever you think is the focus of your story and should be on the cover might not even be important or part of the story in the end.

Why are you thinking about printing and publishing a book that you've been writing for ONE day?

I suggest you stop, take a breather, and understand that your writing is never going to be decent or enjoyable or readable if you're constantly thinking of packaging it up to sell it.

If you want images, making some drawings of your own to accompany your story as you write it.

>tfw advertising and existence are one and the same
select all images with:
a storefront

>Why are you thinking about printing and publishing a book that you've been writing for ONE day?
I think I didn't mention it. I did try to write multiple chapters of this book. It's no like just TODAY got the whole idea and just started writing. For months, almost a year, I've been constantly trying to write diferent plots, characters, looking what should and shouldn't work. Structuring magic systems and story archs. I'm not thinking about this as a business, man. I just want a good cover for the sake of it.

Personally, whatever keeps you motivated it good news. I agree that it might be putting the cart before the horse a bit, but if it's going to help you focus by making it more "real", then by all means.

>they'll never be told to all the people I want to share them with

Nobody wants to read your shit

>Nobody wants to read your shit
Wew I can feel the beta here.

Just because I want to share it doesn't mean they have to listen, I'll acknowledge that. It's a wholly selfish motive. But if I don't write it down, and they do end up wanting to read it? They'll never get the chance.

Plus if I don't write, it'll stay shit because I'll never get better.

yo i do graphic and web design. let this post know if u need any help gettin the book cover goin

PM sent :^)

How would I contact you user?

im around. just post relevant info here like the story what its about title etc and anything else when you want to get it goin

or if this thread dies just make a new thread saying u have a book ready and want a book cover. like i said ill be around.

dont post on /gd/ though. they're trash and will also charge you. ill do this just as a personal project

Are you doing this for free? For real?

Attached: IMG_4541.gif (300x473, 268K)

thats facts

Write me to [email protected]. It's really fucking late here, I need to sleep.

Don't trust him unless he shows you some credentials. Get someone reputable. Don't get scammed.

dont take this the wrong way but im not gonna give you my email and im not gonna make a new email just to get in contact with you. if you want me to do it and you have discord you can post that here if you want. or like i said just post info here.

Yeahboi#2790
Fuck I need to sleep

how would i scam him? im doing it for free lmao. i dont even want his contact info. i just wanna do a book cover for my portfolio and it helps if the book is an actual thing someone else made and not just imaginary title i made up in my own head

Nothing personal user, just a friendly warning. I've seen people scammed through Veeky Forums.
There's no harm of getting in contact of course, just wanted to be a voice of caution. I hope it all goes well and you two can collaborate. I wish nothing but the best to both of you.

>Yeahboi#2790
doesnt work