How racist was H.P. Lovecraft?

I remembered reading a quote from one of his books online about the creation of black people. It said god created a creature that resembles man and was full of hate and vice and called it a nigger. What were some other quotes about race in his books?

Attached: H.P.-Lovecraft-copy.jpg (288x373, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

greatmindsonrace.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/h-p-lovecraft/
youtube.com/watch?v=EkupUtNYeAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He was quite racist. What a shit thread

Read The Shadow over Innsmouth.

very
but late in his life he saw the error of his ways

Pretty racist. The story about Facts Concerning the Late Arthur Jermyn and His Family can maybe be interpreted as a man discovering he has black ancestry and killing himself because of this.
Tbh though, if you care then you should probably just end your life.

>error of his ways
nothing wrong with being racist, lad

i wish i could name my cat Niggerman
I wish I had a cat

you still can

Did he name his cat that?

appropriate digits checked. I think it's in the story The Rats in the Walls, the main character has a black cat called Niggerman.

that's fucking based! :D

Turns out he also had a cat called Niggerman in real life too.

Niggers are actually white people.
White people are niggers.
Black people are just normal.

Did he write anything racist in call of cthulu?

Attached: HP lovecraft nigger poem.png (640x340, 173K)

Nigger is actually all about the way you talk. If youre black and talk like a white person, you're not a nigger. If youre white and talk like a black person, you are a nigger.

>How racist was H.P. Lovecraft?

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.

lol we should post this on /pol/ to get them to join us here to redpill normies

same here :(

Is there anything more sad than /leftypol/'s attempts at pretending to be from /pol/?

it's probably an israeli CIA shill hired to breed out whiteness by promoting white genocide

There's deeply racist stuff in almost every single book, even if it's just an adjective or two describing some non-white sailors.

>t. never experienced racism in any real tangible way

truly /ourguy/. Hate that he's not more well-liked on here. Probably all the soyboys

Go back to working on your sociology paper, Sharteesha

try the redpill, idots

Well this thread fell apart quickly.
What's your favourite Lovecraft story?

Attached: 99310d54999aec4a907be88dee650c5fbb598ccc082040dd0798e9d1242891f4.png (633x758, 740K)

>t. white person who just watched episode 1 of the boondocks and/or listens to hopsin

>t. white person who just entered undergrad and thinks they're down with the kids

Persona 2

Attached: 17ba3f39bdc2b9dc53c45762479ac04c.jpg (3488x1369, 1.58M)

Short answer: Very racist

Long answer: Very racist but modern critics tend to assume it preoccupied his every waking thought to the point of a pathology. He wrote his books to entertain and not to promulgate his admittedly shitty views

A lot. I mean, one of the main themes of his writings is fear of miscegenation and its consequences - think about The Shadow Over Innsmouth or The Dunwich Horror, the engine of horror in their narrative structure is the union of humankind and alien races, it's fairly easy to see the ideology informing them.

Jesus Christ no.
Nigger is a about how you act. If you're a piece of human garbage and also black, you're a nigger. There are names for white people similar in meaning to nigger. Wigger, trailer trash, juggalo, etc.
Its all about who you are as an individual.

Racism and Xenophobia are themes in his work, which also involve other themes.

The human population on the coastal New England territories was being turned monstrous by inbreeding and crossbreeding with alien monsters. That's just about purity.

greatmindsonrace.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/h-p-lovecraft/
>Peace is the ideal of a dying nation; a broken race. Isaacson belongs to a stock wholly broken & emasculated by two thousand years of cringing at the feet of Aryan masters. But I, thank the Gods, am an Aryan, & can rejoice in the glorious victory of T. Flavius Vespasianus, under whose legions the Jewish race & their capital were trodden out of national existence! I am an anti-Semitic by nature, but thought I had concealed my prejudice in my remarks concerning Isaacson. I showed him every consideration in my article, carefully saying that I attacked not the man, but the ideas. However, if Jerusalem wishes to start trouble, he will find in me a new Titus, eager to inscribe on my eagles the triumphant legend IVDAEA CAPTA! I might here remark that my anti-Semitism is not entirely due to blind prejudice. The Jews are fundamentally Orientals, whilst the rising civilization of the world is Western—Teutonic—Anglo-Saxon. The struggle between the East & the West dates back to Marathon & Salamis, & it is the West which has ever represented progress & superior culture. The Jew is an adverse influence, since he insidiously degrades or Orientalizes our robust Aryan civilization. The intellect of the race is indisputably great, but its nature is not such that it may be safely employed in forming Western political & social ideas. Oppressive as it seems, the Jew must be muzzled.

He was as racist a white man could possibly be in the 1920's. It's ironic, many Lovecraft fans who play Call of Cthulhu and have other nerd interests are also the same kinds of sjw's, who get offended of a contemporary author's back-handed racist remark, whereas Lovecraft, who would have been unapologetically overt racist and exist on the subject, gets a free pass.

I do that for free. When will Israeli CIA hire me to commit white genocide against European Israel and make Palestine Great Again?

>my eldest cat, "NIGGER-MAN"
LMFAOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
every fuckin' time tbqh desu

Attached: wow.jpg (345x336, 214K)

Lovecraft was a godly shitposter.
youtube.com/watch?v=EkupUtNYeAA

The "Nautical looking negro" in Call of Cthulhu. He doesn't use negro to denote blacks but for greasy Italians. Also he uses the archaic spelling of Eskimo as Esquimaux which is how a Roux de Poux would spell it.

Why is he calling italians negroes?

Because they were raped and pillaged in the south by Arabs as the influence of Rome receded.

Attached: Snapchat-12455822.jpg (720x1280, 88K)

He wasn't racist. The JEWS didn't invent the """"racism"""" lie until long after he died.

in rats in the walls one character has a cat named "niggerman"

Did he later on in life had different views on race?

>racists desperately trying to qualify their racism so they can keep using the N word without consequence or remorse of conscience

Attached: yikes.jpg (953x730, 69K)

thats a controversial opinion
yea
"I used to be a hide-bound Tory simply for traditional and antiquarian reasons—and because I had never done any real thinking on civics and industry and the future. The depression—and its concomitant publicisation of industrial, financial, and governmental problems—jolted me out of my lethargy and led me to reëxamine the facts of history in the light of unsentimental scientific analysis; and it was not long before I realised what an ass I had been. The liberals at whom I used to laugh were the ones who were right—for they were living in the present while I had been living in the past. They had been using science while I had been using romantic antiquarianism. At last I began to recognise something of the way in which capitalism works—always piling up concentrated wealth and impoverishing the bulk of the population until the strain becomes so intolerable as to force artificial reform."-H.P. Lovecraft

He was an honest man on the Black menace, like Conrad. Rare quality in this age of pygmies.

The only part of that quote that might be talking about race is "civics" and even that wouldn't make him any less racist.

>a man discovering he has black ancestry and killing himself because of this

Now that's what I call commitment to a cause. One less.

>There are names for white people similar in meaning to nigger. Wigger, trailer trash, juggalo, etc.
Weak point. These terms aren't used to keep down an entire race of people--as much as you wish they did

>These terms aren't used to keep down an entire race of people
Good thing no words can actually do that

Well, what do you expect from Veeky Forums when you talk about an "ourguy's" controversial views?
Colour out of Space, for actually making me feel bad about the Eldritch Horror's victims.

>but late in his life he saw the error of his ways
hahaha, i think he would change his views again if he could so the 21st century