Read this

>read this
WTF I'm an Orthodox Christian now

Attached: bk.jpg (1400x2092, 303K)

wtf I love epilepsy

Attached: F25B1491-5595-486B-96E2-953E6FDD0F3E.jpg (310x499, 57K)

wtf I want to be treated like a dog now

Attached: Crimeandpunishmentcover.png (200x307, 121K)

>WTF I'm an Orthodox Christian now
welcome home

Attached: 155436.p.jpg (550x733, 78K)

wtf I'm a cuck now

Attached: 1772910.jpg (318x474, 53K)

wtf I adore elliot rodger now

Attached: 1519918305245.jpg (195x300, 22K)

>liking the underground man

Wtf I hate communists now!

Attached: Demons_(Fyodor_Dostoyevsky) (1).jpg (259x399, 17K)

I thought Mitya killed his father for like 200 pages. Am I a brainlet?

Don't worry youll snap out of it in a few weeks

Mitya was innocent.

Mitya was the best brother

You're an

the correct order of reading

>c&p
>brothers karamazov
>the new testament
>a confession by tolstoy
then you go to church

Right, right, but I just figured he was the one who knocked Fyodor out and stole his money. I guess I wasn't paying attention.

WTF I cleaned my room

Attached: 71YYF+1ZGSL.jpg (1664x2560, 202K)

You should have hated them anyway.

>>a confession by tolstoy
>then you go to church
Fucking pseuds not bothering to read shit they preach.

>implying you go to church to do rites
go when there's nobody there and you can stand in silence for a while, see how you feel

>implying you go to church to do rites
But that's exactly what it's for - the sacraments. Anything else, be it praying, talking with your parish can be done wherever you want, even at home.

I did too. When I read Notes from Underground I didn't understand that the girl was a prostitute, so I didn't understand the story. So after that I learned that Dostoevsky didn't always outright say what happens in his stories. I think that's why I fell for the subversion in Brothers Karamazov so easily.

This is the viewpoint Tolstoy has a problem with, if you think of it as just a series of rituals that you are obligated to go through it will not feel genuine. I think the point of church is to feel closer to God, the rites are supplemental external acts that are chosen as symbols to strengthen faith, if you don't have faith they will be pointless. Or maybe it's heresy, I just read some books, I haven't been to church in a decade.

I feel like the argument that church is unnecessary is justification for lazy people who don't want to take the time for church.

Exoteric religion is not genuine and is hollow through and through

"Karamazov," cried Kolya, "can it be true what's taught us in

religion, that we shall all rise again from the dead and shall live

and see each other again, all, Ilusha too?"

"Certainly we shall all rise again, certainly we shall see each

other and shall tell each other with joy and gladness all that has

happened!" Alyosha answered, half laughing, half enthusiastic.

"Ah, how splendid it will be!" broke from Kolya.

You have to understand that sacrament as a mere symbol is a very protestant view.
For a catholic or an orthodox christian that piece of bread for all intents and purposes is Christ's body and it's given to us by God himself. It doesn't just serve as a reminder of the Last Supper, but as a blessing and a gift from above.

moral of the story: feels>reals

Attached: 6544546.jpg (373x600, 38K)

I understand this, it just makes no sense for me to believe in it literally. In that sense I recommended reading Tolstoy since such rituals that are meant to be literal make the process feel artificial unless your faith is exceptionally strong already, since not being genuine while performing rites is a sin in itself.

Shitlit

Why is the ending so fucking perfect?