Why have you not read this masterpiece yet?

Attached: legustaestejardin.jpg (328x500, 40K)

I have, it's one of my favorite books and very underrated here.

i have, it's not very good and its shills are just under read

Because I have seen the movie and the documentary. Most novels are better experienced as films. All of you should be reading more science.

Attached: frasier.jpg (500x375, 23K)

I have, and I liked it, though to me the only great part was the last 50 or so pages

I read the book a couple years ago as part of my undergrad and absolutely adored it. It reads like a Freudian nightmare, but has moments of intense beauty and pain.

I actually found an old copy of Ultramarine at a unique and used bookstore and am about 30 pages from finishing it. Though it lacks a lot of the brilliance of Under the Volcano - and is somewhat melodramatic - it's still a great read imo.

I'd really recommend Lowry to anyone. Lunar Caustic is also fantastic, and a very light read. Lowry, perhaps better than any other writer I know, best evokes pain and beauty.

He's easily one of my favourite writers, so take what I said with a grain of salt, but everyone ought to at least give Volcano a try.

Books about alcoholics are fucking trash

kys

I have and the experience was soldily in the top ten reading experiences of my life. Llike drunkenly wading through waist-deep molasses.

Haha yeah. Hey btw when is the book of Leviticus movie come out? I hear it stars Natalie Portman as the ‘house with leprosy that spreads through the walls’.

Oh man I can’t wait for Plato’s Laws to come out on VHS, it’s going to have all the athletic regulations in the deleted scenes!!

xD

>The Great Gatsby
>The Sun Also Rises
Trash?
So Ultramarine is worth the read? Is it as dense as UTV?

Not him but Gatsby isn't that great and The Sun Also Rises is fucking trash

bought this based on a random Veeky Forums recommendation but I haven't gotten around to it yet desu

My best friend recommended it to me, but since his taste varies from patrician to weirdly shit, I was cautious. Judging from the thread it seems I was wrong to be. Will read during my next travel, thank you user.

yeah Lunar Caustic is amazing

Those aren't fictional novels. Where is your reading comprehension?

I'd say it's definitely not as dense as Volcano, but there's still enough worth puzzling out.

Np. Keep in mind that you will likely find it melodramatic or abstruse, but keep on reading. The garden is where it picks up. The end is impeccable.

I have read it not one of my all time favorites but very good and absolutely worth reading.

Best bit was the guy desiring a rough life on the sea but finding comfort and luxury

kys pls

The truth hurts you? I will continue living and using my limited time wisely. I don't understand your idiotic hostility towards a different opinion. To be clear I mean modern novels such as this one are often best experienced as film.