"you write telegraphically or you don’t write at all"

what did he mean by this?

Attached: céline.jpg (196x266, 9K)

Céline hated the schools of thought which gave primacy to the academic or political acceptability of writing believing it led to a ton of flowery and autistic bullshit. What he's saying here is forget how it will appear on the page, it doesn't matter, what matters is how your words are actually received and affect the person reading them. From your mind to his, telepathically

nice

Who cares? He was a loser.

he was a beautiful soul, ruined by an awful culture and an evil war

t. Faggot Jew

Nah. He was just a loser.

Nope. Just someone who recognizes a loser.

Not at all
I'm Jewish and I wrote this Both of you are idiots

Shut up, Jew

make me faggot

Imagine that you are writng a telegram and paying a lot for each word. I think he means to be concise and avoid faggy floritures. He's the man.

lel shit you're right, I misread the word entirely. Point remains the same though

Shhhhh

>His popularity was based on two opposing elements in his work. The often colloquial, coarse and simple vocabulary he employed (his man-of-the-people credentials, the telling-it-like-it-is, although Céline also has a Captain Haddock-like talent for recherché invective) is heightened by the absence of long, aristocratic, Proustian sentences. But the straightforward language is coupled, especially in the mid-period work, with a modernist disdain for clear exposition and holding the loathsome bourgeois reader's hand. So, boosted by his antiwar spleen and snarling at authority, Céline pulls off the trick of being Henry Miller, John Steinbeck and James Joyce all at the same time.

Avoid being over the top.

ALL HE WANATED WAS TO FUCK

Proust BTFO

How would you translate "il encule trop la mouche"? That's what he said about Proust
"he's buttfucking the fly too much"?

>Ah Proust s'il n'avait pas été juif personne n'en parlerait plus! et enculé! et hanté d'enculerie - Il n'écrit pas en français mais en franco-yiddish tarabiscoté absolument hors de toute tradition française - il faut revenir aux Mérovingiens pour retrouver un galimatias aussi rebutant - Proust, l'Homère des invertis - 300 pages pour nous faire comprendre que Tutur encule Tatave c'est trop.

Classic Céline

To write with purpose. If in doubt cut it out.

'He jerks his pen a bit too much' perhaps? Not as vulgar as the original though.

Sounds good
Is there an idiom with the same idea?

>he's buttfucking the fly too much
I like it

I like Proust but this is correct as far as writing goes.
Proust wasn't really yid though, some 1/8 mischling with heavy Christfaggotry (inb4 varg picture about it being Jewish).

Literally. But the idiom means that he is not straightforward. I don't know if there is a specific expression in English. To keep the sex analogy, I guess you could just translate by "fucking around" but it doesn't have the same punch.