Hello Veeky Forums, how do you go about verbal discussions?

Hello Veeky Forums, how do you go about verbal discussions?
How do articulate well enough to get your point across without succumbing to stammering and long-winded tangents?
Do you have any tips for training these argumentative obstacles out? Thanks.

Attached: SignifierSignified.jpg (650x499, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hsQLksbfDSo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elocution
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I get immediately confrontational and accuse the other person of bad faith if they don't accept what I say, resorting quickly to demanding they prove unfalsifiable assertions that are only negations of things I just proposed

you sound like my gf

Ask questions, and keep asking questions until they can no longer answer and maintain logical consistency. They will either walk away from the conversation by silence or by deflection, throw a tantrum, or will go further into the questions with you and try and solve these dilemmas, becoming in the process a very dear friend. However it goes, you will have won something more valuable than answer, for you'll have seen them as they really are beneath the mask.

>tfw too stupid to understand this comic

Attached: 1521902881071.jpg (978x978, 250K)

You're not missing much. Its just Sausserean meme words

Pretty much. If you look them up, they're pretty straight forward.

Whenever I stutter (which is mostly related to a desire to stay permanently silent rather than shyness) I just keep talking until losing the ability to put myself before the words. Don't avoid "long-winded tangents" if you feel them coming. You aren't talking yourself otherwise. Also, is quite right. Their talk of unmasking seems naive to me, but that doesn't matter much. If you need "training" maybe we could chat carelessly about somewhat heavy topics until you feel as if you non-forcefully unfold your arguments in a way you feel is right enough. No need to do this with me, of course, but I'd be glad to try help.

That's precisely my problem, is I am a blissfully silent person; I listen more than I speak. It's easy enough to think and write, it's a lot harder to articulate verbally in a stream of consciousness--or at least in such a way that leaves little room for long silences.

Basically, a signifier is a word (the sound) and the signified is what it means.
The second panel joke is incomprehensible, fourth panel he's talking about how the anthropophormization of the 'signified' acts as a signifier for the idea of the signified, and from then on it's just autism.

Attached: _.jpg (910x651, 141K)

>second panel
if the signified is the thing itself it is therefore material, because it is an existing object
>4th panel
saying that the signified is actually an interpretation or representation of the thing itself instead of the thing itself is a common refutation of the signified being material

who the fuck draws these cartoons

amphetamine goes in, words come out

t. socrates

/r9k/

prublum fren?

Attached: 1520380281696.png (817x656, 127K)

retards
like me :(

kissless virgins like me

THIS IS A LITERATURE BOARD
FUCK OFF OP
OFFTOPIC

Look no further than the master orator himself.

youtube.com/watch?v=hsQLksbfDSo

Attached: C9TCYunWsAAdqDX.jpg large.jpg (694x440, 52K)

Attached: wg.jpg (957x1300, 72K)

Holy fuck you're a faggot.

>i think we should build a new highway through centenary park
Why?
>because we need more traffic flow from the suburbs to the CBD because everyone is spending 50 minutes every morning trying to drive in
Why?
>because the traffic is really bad.
WHY?
>because there's not enough throughput from where people live to where the jobs are
WHY!?!?!?!?
>because there aren't enough roads to move the number of cars
WWWWWWHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY
>BECAUSE YOU KEEP FUCKING ASKING WHY INSTEAD OF JUST BUILDING THE FUCKING ROAD.

Socratic dialogue is a shitty meme. Don't do it.

I do.

They're good practice for drawing real art because they're fun to draw, you get to share them widely, and there's no standards.

You have to reduce and build things and know when you've gotten to the right point. Deconstruction of what complicated things are is going to help you realize what they truly are. I learned a lot about thinking and arguing/talking in this way from Plato.

which ones did you make? I love Apu. I need more Apus for my Apustus

How is it off topic if it involve rhetoric and some level of literacy. Where else would I post this?

Nothing memorable. Just a couple variants.

Bragging about my memery is offtopic and also against the spirit of anonymity.

IT'S
NOT
ABOUT
LITERATURE

>Where else would I post this?
I DON'T CARE. NOT HERE.

put the Apus in the thread and nobody gets hurt. fren.

Attached: 1518496602679.jpg (979x920, 91K)

k fgt

I'm in a lecture being preached to about tranny rights. I only have my laptop, not my desktop.

Attached: frug.jpg (279x181, 8K)

MY GAWD! Don't they teach ANYTHING in school these days? Study elocution, user. That is what you seek. It will also build your self confidence.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elocution

I had mandatory speech class in freshmen year of high school. That was my only exposure to public speaking and argumentation.
Sucks that it was only a semester long class too.

Plus, I live in Texas, the education is mostly shit here. Coaches are obligated to get a degree in something they can teach.

his name is john campbell it drove him nuts

>implying increasing road capacity lessens traffic

Increases the capacity for fucktard left-hand drivers