Tfw I wasted my life with stupid American addictions

>tfw I wasted my life with stupid American addictions
Entertainment is worse than heroin IMO

Attached: pic (11).jpg (220x340, 24K)

definitely not you fucking retard
go to any rural and suburban retard centre in the us and you would know the difference kys yuppie

Everything is just stupid entertainment in the end of the day. You get out what you put in, didn't you get what he was saying about MASH

>I'm not like them!
ah, the wastoid cope

There's a difference between being obsessed with something and spending time doing something.

You can play video games or watch tv without becoming obsessed with it. The MASH thing was just another comment on addiction and obsession. Not that MASH itself was addicting, just it, like everything else, was prone to obsessive behaviors.

So is entertainment critiquing bad entertainment good?

t. scrub who's never done hard drugs

So did Avril fuck Orin or what

>t. hasn't created a literary masterpiece inspired purely by watching episodes of classic American sitcoms

Neck youself.

This

>effects of quitting serious entertainment addiction cold turkey

Mild boredom for a few days.

>effects of quitting a serious heroin addiction cold turkey

Suicidal ideation
Depression
Insomnia
Physical agitation coupled with profound fatigue
Nausea
Extreme full-body ache, especially abdominal pain
Muscle spasms
Extreme diarrhea with possible significant loss of body weight

Agreed, entertainment is way worse than heroin. At least if you're planning to kill yourself while going through living hell you wont be bored.

she's fucked lots of people for sure, but not Orin

No dude you don't understand read Pascal everything even the most sublime piece of philosophy is divertissement aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I can't bear living in this world!

jk

>withdrawal is the only measure of negative impact

god damn that mash chapter was creepy

I got that theme too, reminds me of the people who say they get predictions and major scientific advancements that James Joyce couldn't possibly know in Finnegans Wake

All of your listed heroin withdrawal symptoms are also characteristic of entertainment withdrawal

Also entertainment affects more people than heroin, not just low IQ trash. It's more available and innocous than heroin, and thus more pernicious

No one's fault but yours and your parents.

It's only worse in that it affects more people, but the effects each have on an individual are incomparable

Attached: image.jpg (1600x838, 211K)

the book is about that too

Entertainment isn't actually addicting if you actually have taste and you aren't a pleb though. While everyone is susceptible to drug addiction if you give them some.

I could never tell. Is she supposed to be interpreted as the Swiss (whose accents seem to be misinterpreted as Quebecois) hand model/Luria P--? Orin could not know because he seems to have issues with recognition--thinking Steeply was like incredibly attractive or whatever

>While everyone is susceptible to drug addiction if you give them some.

Look up the rat park experiment. The only rats that got hooked were the ones that were caged and couldn't find other stimulation.
No, you won't instantly become a junkie if you try heroin once unless your life is already complete shit and you have nothing to come back to.

>Entertainment isn't actually addicting
What website are you using right now, dumbass

Orin was such a cool guy. Pemulis befriended the wrong brother. Hal was scum. Turned his back on Pemulis the first chance he got.

Orin was pathological, Hal was a hero

>betraying your bro when he needs you the most
How heroic.

>betraying
explain this. Pem was nearly AWOL the last few days, and Hal was obliterated with DMZ when Pem needed to talk with him. I see no betrayal

As someone who's caught up in american life and is deeply unhappy about a significant number of things in and around his life, how do I ensure that I do not fall into traps like entertainment and societal spooks that cause more unhappiness?

if I dropped this 300 pages in do I have to restart all the way from the beginning. why tf did Dave make it so god damn long

delete facebook lol

How long's it been since you read those 300 pages? It's hard enough to keep track of what's going on even when its fresh. You should remember that some of it is written with the sincere and supposedly justified intention to bore and irritate the reader. Instead of quitting, ask why he's doing that

I'm not a Wallace fanboy but it is honestly worth reading

meditate

Unironically this , also get rid of your smartphone. You'll notice how freeing it is.