Redpill me on Harry Potter

redpill me on Harry Potter

Attached: Sonorous_GOF_Dumbledore_1.jpg (1133x534, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xsTo0dUdfjk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Unironically better then Tolkien

Attached: 1509963549668.webm (358x640, 339K)

DULLEST FRANCHISE, etc.

It's awesome if you grew up with it though

could have done with some great sex scenes. Maybe a gangbang or two. You'd think a set of people that are attuned to the mysteries of life and reality would be open minded and akin to some depravity.

It teaches satanic rituals to children

No, it's still trash.

It's good in that it's a gateway to reading, but really it gets tiresome reading the same story beats for 7 books in a row.

They came out when i was 8 here and my mum bought the first two books right away. It was comfy reading them on vacation in a tent.

Redpill? Here you go.

Attached: weinstein.watson.jpg (125x69, 2K)

the first 3 books are pretty solid children's lit.

Girls like it so its bad

What is this, a holocaust for ants?

It's small so it's easy to swallow.

deh

DEH

Attached: image.jpg (259x194, 6K)

>No!

Only the first three in the series are worth reading as a child.
Pendragon series is the better read.

I watched the movie and noticed that if you take a screenshot of any scene with extras in the background, they are mostly Indians, Pakistanis and Blacks. I just found it strange that this kind of fantasy world -- purely an Anglo setting (hence the main characters are all White British) -- is littered with non-White background and minor characters.

Imagine going to watch the Prince of Persia, or One Thousand and One Nights, and seeing a bunch of Danish and Scottish extras in every scene.

Why is British culture allowed to be denigrated and demolished to this extent?

"No!"

>purely an Anglo setting
Lol what? It's supposed to parallel modern British society.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1433728956663[1].png (750x300, 299K)

they're fine, you've got to be a bit of an edgelord to outright hate them, they're just young adult fiction.

that being said there's still some legitimate criticism over the weakness of the last book in particular, and some flimsy world building aspects

enlightened imo

>tfw I was the first one in my class to start reading it when Philosopher's Stone came out.

Already a trailblazer

No it's not. I don't give a fuck what bitch-turned-SJW thinks. Wizards are Anglo in the same way Vikings are Nordic. Harry Potter is British, Aladdin is Arab, and Ragnor is Danish.

The wands are a child-friendly symbol for guns.

Kek

Give up. You're either ignorant as all hell of the current social state in Britbong or just trying to mask your racism with muh denigration!

Attached: harry potter.png (1187x2403, 314K)

>it's okay to destroy british tradition but god forbid anyone appropriates other cultures!

Wow

"__!"

Attached: 1521990768886.jpg (1594x2857, 133K)

well said

Hi, /polit/

Shut the fuck up. The main characters are white. No one is out to destroy "British tradition" whatever that might be. The movie and books are still british as all fuck. There are schools in other countries, in other continents and some of those are even stronger or better than the britbongs. just calm the fuck down user.

all the news about how his country is full blown cucked has gotten him down. can you really blame him?

Because prince of Persia (plus the prince of Persia film was headed by Jake gyllenhal, a white guy) isnt set in an ethnically diverse society? If 'too many coloureds' is what bothers you about cinema and literature, you really should force yourself out of the Pol/anti-sjew/Peterson circlejerk. Please make some friends, block Pol and read a good book.

It's set in MODERN day Britain ffs you idiot.
Of course there are going to be Indians and blacks in the magic schools too.

>redpill
>not earwax-tasting bean
Missed opportunity you filthy mudblood

Seems like you're cucked too.

How about you get some perspective? There are refugees and foreigners in every country, not just America, Sweeden and England. Globalization might be fucking things up but it's nothing new, and it's everywhere. There is no plot to bring down the glorious Anglo blood, people just want to leave their shit countries and go where the money is.

>implying Britain has a pure ethnic identity
Their "tradition" consists of conquering half of the globe, I mean I love-hate anglos and all but how do you believe in this bullshit

>British Tradition
Epic dog whistle for white majority my dude. Can you actually name any British traditions that are being eroded?

>Series takes place in the early 90's
>Somehow thinks Britain was full of shitskins at the time.

There's always been a small minority of blacks in England, but they mostly resided in London or larger cities. Hogwarts is in some magical realm in the English countryside. Hardly a haven for racial diversity.

This is how plots in a lot of HP fanfiction go, so it's alright with me.
I kinda like Rowling's world because it's so vague and basic, you could fit pretty much anything with it by expanding on the concepts. We barely know what magical society looks like outside of Hogwarts, the main shopping street and the Quidditch Cup - for all we know there could be wild uncontrolled covens practicing pagan rituals, it's just not covered. It's a decent blank canvas of a setting, feels like someone should make an autistic MMO about it and earn millions.

Deh!

it's shit

youtube.com/watch?v=xsTo0dUdfjk

I never mentioned refugees, sonny boy. I was mostly referring to the decades old rape gangs in Britain and the borderline Orwellian laws that are in that country.

The one where Asian men don't groom White teenage girls.

The one where we're allowed to celebrate Christmas without resorting to politically correct rewording of popular songs and not being allowed to put up a tree.

The one where shops on the streets don't alternative between Indian, Pakistani and Polish corner shops.

the casting for a ton of the kids was taken from some random students at random private schools. my brother was at one, i know at least one lad in his class was scouted for a role in the second film. these schools that i know about where this happened were in south london. probably most of the blacks in britain live in south london, if not most then a considerable amount, particularly the boroughs southwark, lewisham and lambeth, where some notable big private schools are. these days they also have a ton of kids from russia and china and india and wherever else, because of the international reputation of those schools. i just dont think the creators gave a shit about race really - rowling might be a bit of a political mong these days with her decision that hermione was actually black or whatever, but i think back then they were just looking to create some fun silly films about a wizard school, largely targeted at a young audience

>Hogwarts is in some magical realm in the English countryside.
It's the ONLY magical school in the entire country mate.

Racistanon's reasoning is basically: they brown? then they cant magic so they shouldnt be there.

nothing about those books makes any fucking sense

It's not mere white majority, but also white supremacy. And that is a British tradition.

There is genuine occult symbology in the Potter series. None of the magic used in Harry Potter has anything to do with any of the shit which is practiced unironically by real wizards and witches and stuff. At least that of which I'm aware of.

In terms of the Harry Potter books as being read for entertainment, they're just not well written. Characters are shallow, plot is shallow, prose is bad. The Names in the books are good, though.

Attached: 1519356029574.jpg (500x543, 91K)

based deh poster

Why would you need to be redpilled about one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: thelist.jpg (1623x2886, 1.27M)

Fucking Based

Attached: 98F8D503-EE75-4F3D-940E-5F148BC8160B.png (425x283, 132K)

Was this moved from /tv/ or has Veeky Forums just declined this much?

It is the greasiest political fiction of all tome

>One Hundred Years Of Solitude
>Shit Tier

Nice bait

Time to fight user.

>implying poles are in the same category as curry munchers

Poles are unironically genetically superior to anglos.

At least they didn't ruin the western world b/c some faggot king wanted to get his dick wet, leading to the protestantization of britain, leading to the fetishization of materialism as proof of divine grace in that country, leading to the industrial revolution, leading to the hellhole we exist in now.