Gigs that pay >35k a year full, 20k part time?

I know, I know
>wagecuck

Anyway, I've lurked and posted on Veeky Forums for the past year or so about my fucked up college situation, though I've been granted admittance for the summer term and offered loans to cover it.

Still, I'm back in the old spot of not being able to afford them (and going requires moving away from my current, already shit-paying job).

So what jobs have that range of pay? I'm lolnoskills so entrepreneurship isn't really an option at the moment.

Current degree field is CE, thinking of changing to Biomed, though, to ride out the Boomer wave on research medicine for senescence.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B2uos66chHOheXdLMkZ6bkw1bW8/view?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

Most jobs will pay over 35K a year full time or 20K a year part time.

I've only gotten a response with min wage jobs that certainly do not. Furthest I've gotten elsewhere was a phone interview and they dropped me when I mentioned wanting to finish my degree because I couldn't work overtime

Searching so far yields no such jobs,

"most jobs"
I have a degree and I make 8.40 an hour while I look for jobs on monster and whatnot. All of them want either 3-5 years experience or pay 22,000 a year and want me to relocate to bumfuck north carolina

more than 95% of jobs are not listed on job searching websites, you need to meet people.

I make 20k a year, 16hrs a week. I'm a storeman

>3-5 years experience
that's the golden ticket we look for that too because people with more experience are more set in their way and worth more on the market or at least they think they do, and people with less are very limited use and have a long learning curve.

The issue with this is I won't be in the area to meet people until classes begin, and it's a small, small town. The nearest (still pretty small town) is 30 minutes away, and I doubt either has opportunities that pay that much with a steady flow of recent graduates from the university.

Look up MMM's 50 Jobs Without a College Degree. Also, Position of Strength. You sound like you need that one too.

Read them both. A totally unskilled faggot because I fell for the
>degree more valuable than skills
meme.

Going to learn programming, already a novice in music production.

Any other recommendations? I'll probably reduce my online traffic to codeacademy, drawabox, and youtube lol.

Have you tried hedge fund manager? Pretty sure that would meet your salary requirements.

Kek, I don't think I'd have any luck getting into that position.

I just fell into an awkward crack where the only way to pay for college is to get a job that won't hire me until I graduate.

Bump

well the exception is if you are good you will get hired anyways even if you don't have the experience. you will start off at a lower salary then with experience of course. but you have to start somewhere.

I've found no such opportunity though. I've even said in an interview I intend to stay with the company once I have my degree but they said they would prefer someone without classes in their schedule

look for night shift jobs. go to sleep at 5 am, wake up at 1 pm. youll (almost always) be paid more than day shift but itll cost you your life.

Can't find any that pay nearly enough.

>but they said they would prefer someone without classes in their schedule
yeah seriously... everyone would. that's when you offer to suck their dick.

I make over 50k a year working an average of 10 days a month (24hr shifts) as a firefighter, it's pretty fucking sweet. No college degree required.

All you basement dwelling autists listen up. Go to a temp agency, tell them you want a job for $x/hour, and they'll hook you up with a company. If you prove you're not a fucking idiot they'll take you on full time. I did this and found a job for $18/hour and now i work there full time with great benefits and make $25/hour. Now i live comfortably and have plenty of leftover money to lose on shitcoins and pennystocks. I know most of you sperglords think you deserve to be ceos because "muh ideas" but the truth is most of you are worthless neckbeards that should probably be locked into your shed and burned to death because you're just a burden on society, but for the 3 rational poorfags on this board looking for income, heed my advice.

>$25 HR
>thinks he's hot shit

How's the cuck life wagie ragie?

i dont know about op but im an ausfag with 2 years of really basic tafe education in getting a diploma/ advanced diploma of land surveying and working full time im on 55k and thats really doing somethin a fuckin monkey could do (im 21)

>unemployed OP can't find a job for even $35k/year
>i tell him how
>he calls this bragging

someone's jealous. How's your mom's basement treating you?

dont worry user people on Veeky Forums think working an 8 hour day too earn "only" 40k is shit and they all should be getting ceo wages

40k would barely cut it in Connecticut. You'd need to live with roommates

It would cut it for unemployed, basement dwelling OP.

>assuming you know what's best for other people

Bernie 2016

wagecuck

We have ID's, user. That's obviously not OP.

Also I'm currently employed; I was just wondering if it'd be possible to get a gig that allows me to finish school as well.

If you're like me, you live in a retirement state where all the jobs are either minimum wage Bullshit or actual jobs, but are occupied by 70+ year old boomers who want to and will work until the day they drop dead.

I h8 boomers and I h8 Pennsylvania ;_;

If I could get in-state tuition, it'd be a good deal easier. I have to essentially make what a recent grad in like physics is making just to pay for school entirely.

goddamn why didnt I think of this? every person I've ever seen at those kind of places looks like a relapsed crack addict. what a good idea, user, honestly.

I went to tone and they still haven't responded after like a year. I guess I could go back and try again.

Going back to this, some of these I'd never expect to look for.

Paperhanger jobs, for example. I'm actually trying to find one to work while I study C++ and HTML.

I was looking into the living wage of my county. They say for 1 adult the average living wage is 10.54, which at 40 hours a week is 421.60 without taxes, and around 20k annually. Giving that most of the jobs I've looked at today are offering $12 as the base per hour you're still hitting around 20 fucking thousand.
What's even more frustrating is I see many companies touting $500-$600 a week like it's a big deal. So you're still in that 20k bracket but scrapping close to 30k. Now the part that pisses me off is the taxes, rent, and utility prices in my area are pretty shitty. Once those chip away at your funds you're still fucked. So OP 20k isn't that much unless you plan on living in the ghetto and living with out water or electricity. 40k is mid range and even then you will have to be frugal as a motherfucker. I didn't even factor in transportation. Which in my case is a nightmare because leasing is a pain in the ass, insurance here (Florida) is the shit that comes from the ass, and public transportation in my city is more of a hindrance than a helpful commodity.
Looking for work is one of the most depressing acts I've ever have to do.

Making 49k a year (after taxes) would still be making $0 in positive income. 100% of that would go not to living expenses, but the cost of school. So excluding food, water, clothing, etc, I need 49,000 a year to get a degree.

Have you tried appling to a shit ton of grants and hoping you get something to alleviate your tuition. It will be lot of writing, bullshitting, sob stories, and begging but it's better than paying back 49k. Also getting a job in order to dump all your labor into paying back a loan is retarded.

I've been searching through the list of available ones the university offers and they're almost entirely for freshman undergrads or people with a different degree.

Currently thinking it'd be best to forego college entirely and do something akin to one of the jobs listed on the 50 things article linked and just learn programming languages on the side?

Firs off look elsewhere for grants. They're out there if you look. Second off fuck who they're for and for what degree. Believe it or not many grant offers will say it's for xxx person and xxx degree but they grant them to people who don't fit that criteria.
A lot of grants go by essays alone and sometimes don't even check or care which major you have as long as you are a student and enrolled full time. Cast a wide net and see what you can get.

Intensive farming is a pretty good gig if you have the land for it, or as a worker it generally pays 12/hour 10-15 hours a day room/board included.

Pic related. 1 acre of lettuce, assuming I didn't jew my taxes properly, didn't farm intensively, and lost half the crop to god knows what. Pretty minimal work for the system I have in place. And yes in this scenario I'm paying myself an hourly wage of $66/hour. In reality my assets and the business assets are one and the same, but I like to look at the pretty numbers.

Just an idea, if I slapped an organic label (which means nothing, believe me I have looked into it) I could earn more than triple what I do now.

I could also undercut walmart and still make $100,000; but my produce is American made without any harmful additives/chemicals, and not picked by dirty spics who probably took a shit on it the night before.

Start a business user. It's not that hard, and you'll always get the value of the work that you put into it, instead of having to carry someone else's inefficiencies and be a wage slave.

It doesn't cost much of anything but your time. I started mine with a $1,000 loan from my dad spent 3 months perfecting my plan and put it into action ASAP.

Here, read these books, listen to the audiobooks, even if you don't want to become an entrepreneur, it'll still help you make important financial decisions for your future.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B2uos66chHOheXdLMkZ6bkw1bW8/view?usp=sharing

I definitely don't have any land. Erm, at best I could ask to use some that a relative owns, but there's no road access to it and I'd need to do a controlled burn of the entire thing to make it remotely manageable.

As for the link, you sent me a tarball and I'm not on my linux partition at the moment. I'll have to check it out later.

Also, how do you manage your crop? I know jack shit about farming, so I'm not really sure what you do in your case, especially in terms of pest control. The land I mentioned is bordered by wilderness on all sides.

It depends on the crop.

If you're growing potatoes you're at the mercy of god; you find blight on any of the leaves you have to kill the whole crop, but at least you can re-use the seed potatoes.

For most things I just fertilize, water, and monitor. It's all you really can do without dumping tons of shit onto your crops that do nothing anyway. I like to grow organically, it's just cheaper for me as a small s1cale operation, the environmental regulations will kill you if you aren't careful.

Reclaiming land is a pain in the ass, you have to scrape up the topsoil, remove all the organic matter, replace the topsoil, and then burn the organic shit to get same value back from the weeds and brush. You'd be better off finding a rental (unless the land is free and you don't mind the work), but you can grow herbs in your home if you're that hard up for cash, herbs always fetch a premium and are damn near impossible to kill. The herbal market I'm looking into right now is French Tarragon, there seems to be a huge markup for it at every store, but even something as simple as fresh basil can reap a good return.

Anyway what you 'do' isn't important. Find out what you enjoy doing first then find a way to make money from it, I know it sounds cliche af but it's true.

I've had many dreams but they all ultimately ended with me homesteading on a farm so I just skipped to the end.

How do you sell your crop?

I'm nearly certain I can't do farming per se, unless I can get some old land a relative (Great grandparent) owns (They used to be farmers for a living), but they've been deceased and I have no idea if the land is claimed by another relative or even owned by the family anymore.

Direct to market.

I harvest weekly and sell first to the local CSA, then to my restaurant contracts, then at the farmers markets, and any edible scraps left I donate for a tax write off if possible, if not I eat them or try to make value added products like pasta sauce, etc., after that the rest is fed to animals or composted.

It's a farm. Not too different than running any other small business. Keep it under 14 acres and you'll be fine, any larger and you'll need to start investing in heavy machinery/equipment. I'd like to franchise, but that's going to take me at least a year or so of work to get to the point where I have a fully working business model beyond 'grow and sell shit'.

>business model beyond 'grow and sell shit'.

Which I also sell btw lol.

Ah, that makes sense. What sort of equipment do you manage with? I'm thinking in terms of overhead cost.

Paperhanger jobs actually do have me curious. I'm assuming that projected income is as your own boss and not working under someone.

What's a good area for that? My own home town likely has that market completely cornered.

Also, do you think once it's either federally legalized or legalized in my state that there will be room for dispenseries, or will illegal dealers/companies from other states immediately flood the market?

90k a year Master Race checking in

What's your profession?

Account Manager for a National rigging supply company. Job perks include a car, laptop, mobile phone, company shares every year and bonuses

Oh, good shit.

...You got any pull over a hiring manager?

Haha I wish dude.. HR people are a different breed. I sorta just fell into my job as the last guy lost his license and couldn't do his job.

Ah, it was worth a shot, haha.

Keep doin' you, user.

Bump.

There are these magical jobs called internships. Some don't pay, but many do. Some even pay quite well. They know you have school so you only work in the summer when you have the time.

Apply to all data centers around you
Ace the interviews
Get job at 26k, prove yourself to 32k or leave ater a year and get it

A+ cert and 1 year experience got me 40k

holy crap is that real? I have been lead to believe that small scale farming was terrible, especially common crops, and only industrial-sized operations made any money. What's the catch? Is it a shit ton of work? Unreliable income?

This is the kind of thing I've been hoarding my money for.

p.s. libreoffice is a fat bloated shit, try gnumeric

>I might have to move for a few years to get the experience i need to open up more opportunities for myself in the future.

Look at this shit.

You know if you look far enough back in your ancestry you'll find grandparents that left their country, family and friends with next to nothing to their name to find more opportunity and make a life for themselves. No job to go to, just the prospect of making a life.
My own grandparents left the US in the 70s with a few hundred bucks to their name and moved to Australia. They then drove from the east to the west, 3,500 kms across nothing in a VW Kombi Van with 3 kids.
Their parents fled Germany during WW2 and emigrated to the USA. That's back-to-back generations that traveled from Germany, to the USA to Australia. 20,000 kms from one side of the world to the other and across cultures with no guarantee of employment, just for a chance to maybe make a better life for themselves.

But I'm sure people like you have a really good reason to not want to move states.

None I can find will cover the exorbitant cost of finishing my degree ($100,000) and the ones that might be capable of doing so after I graduate require me to already be a senior.

I'll look into it; the only two that I've found have both either turned me down or gone unresponsive, even if I initiate contact.

On this topic:

What sort of zoning do you need for your land? Say an acre or so; does that require agricultural/rural zoning, or can it be an empty residential plot?

well you are shit out of luck if the weather is bad for the crops and the weather is often bad for the crops. also gypsies steal all your stuff if you don't watch it with a gun in hand 24/7.
so no it usually a terrible investment.

Why can't you guys go to community college if you can't afford it?

35k a year. That's like $16/before taxes? Depending on where you live that's about 1.5 - 2x the minimum wage.

Literally any factory job with overtime.

No gypsies here.

I couldn't transfer any credits until January, though I might finish an associates if I can get a better job, yeah.

Can't attend classes, then.

>Find out what you enjoy doing first then find a way to make money from it, I know it sounds cliche af but it's true.

I know it's ture, but I've just lost all enjoyment for the shit I used to do, to the point that my skills in those fields have atrophied back to novicedom anyway, haha.

>No gypsies here.
then there are indians or niggers or white trash or crows or vermin like deer and rabbits.

Rural, so definitely rabbits. Probably can handle the deer; as they tend to reside further into the woodlands than the plot of land I found.

Rabbits and I guess rodents in general might be the biggest issue. Does deep-rooted fencing solve that issue?

How do you work out rental agreements for land? I actually found properly zoned land in the area (2 acres) but the only option is to purchase it ($150 a month for the 30 year payoff). If I were to get into farming, would it make more sense to purchase it outright ASAP or rent it and have the ability to ditch it at any point within 3 decades?

deer are just big rodents and they pretty much live on the fields if there is crop. fences don't do much to stop them either.

Short of selling venison on the side, do you know of any ways to deter them? Maybe capsaicin spraying/dusting the plants?

Bump to see if aOc user returns.

Bump.

There are only 3 options I know of.
Odor: They dislike garlic for example
Fence: Lock them out
Hunt: Shoot the brave ones.

Unfortunately deer and rabbits are relativ stupid. Wild pigs never forget a dangerous field. But deer...

I have a combination of fence n firearm. Get yourself a cheap 22 rifle and a 4x32 scope for the small critters and sth slightly bigger for deer.

Also bumping for aOc user.
I really enjoy stories of people getting shit done.

Work at a retailer and acquire management.

I make 9.75 as customer service cuck.

Bargain a contract in which they fund your education for amount of years of labor.

substitute paraprofessional

>substitute paraprofessional
If it's what I think it is (Substitute teachers and junk), it requires a degree in my county.

Currently requesting help bullshitting up a resume to get hired as a debt collector; I could use the decent income (45k per annum minus federal taxes and social security -- no state income tax here --) to move out while I put together a plan to utilize that 2 acre plot.

Bump

man, that was the same reaction i had at the same age when i was playing a space trading sim game and took a loan...
This reinforced me to work harder so i wont need to take a god damn loan in my life.

Yeah, it's crazy. I originally would be going for free, but a perfect storm of bullshit happened and I'm in this really awkward spot that makes getting a 4-year degree damn near impossible for the time being.

My credit is already bad from my parents stealing my identity, and I don't even want to touch a loan with a 10-foot pole unless I already have the money to pay it off, as odd as that may sound.

Did the site freeze for like 4 hours for anyone else?