I have a guy willing to serve his pizza's at my bar one night a week. What would be a good way to structure this deal?

I have a guy willing to serve his pizza's at my bar one night a week. What would be a good way to structure this deal?

free pizza for you

The only numbers that were thrown out were 20% of pizza sales for us.

Sounds like he wants your business. The high ground is yours - maybe have him offer a free pizza to the customers as a darts prize, or something.

NO DEAL

I should have mentioned that it is actually a restaurant and my idea was to make this a once a week special, so it sort of cuts into our existing business.

We'll pull a few people from the kitchen to reduce labor and make our money on alcohol/drinks that night. But I"m trying to think of how to split the pizza sales. Higher % after so many pizzas sold?

>I should have mentioned that it is actually a restaurant and my idea was to make this a once a week special, so it sort of cuts into our existing business.
Whoa, why?
Also beware the legal risks. If your premises is serving the food you could be liable if anything goes wrong with it. You'd better be getting the better end of this bargain otherwise I can't see it being worth it.

He's licensed to manufacture food but thank you for bringing that up. I'll look into the legality of the situation on our end.

I'm meeting with the guy for the first time today to try his pizzas. I'll ask for his menu/prices and try and decide what I think I can sell them for at my place. Then I'll come up some sort of %tiers based on volume of sales (he'll be preparing these on demand out of his oven on premises, we basically would just walk the pizzas to the tables).

We are giving this guy an actual restaurant platform for his pizzas, and we will be buying in volume.

>The only numbers that were thrown out were 20% of pizza sales for us.

Holy shit... that's ridiculous... you should jump on that.

My neighborhood dive bar also has no kitchen, so they allow us to order pizzas from anywhere and they don't even get a cut...

It seems to be a win win for you no? What's the hesitation?

nm... just read you have your own kitchen...

but even then, are you making 20% margins after costs?

if the margins are comparable, what's the downside? you save labor and generate additional business...

20% of pizza sales

But since these pizzas will be sold out of a restaurant for the first time ever, I'm going to see if I can sell them at a bit higher of a price than negotiate a better %.

If you have a restaurant why would you want to sell someone elses pizzas?

Because I don't have the room for a giant pizza oven. I want some variety for weekly specials and this is supposedly a pretty sweet pizza.

I can have save on labor that night and then offer drink specials and make a lot on alcohol and soda.

>20%

Jesus. Youre not winning. First of all read "The Art of the Deal" It will help you win more. Then you tell that guy that you want the best trading deal possible. Tell him to stop that NAFTA-tier 20% deal. You want more.

>supposedly a pretty sweet pizza

Why haven't you tried it yourself yet? Don't you want to know what food you're offering your customers?
What kind of disgrace of a restaurant owner are you?

Hot pizza platform girls also sell beers from a keg/tap
>reduce bar line
>you still take 20%
>prima nocta

If you read the thread, you'll see that they are going to try the pizza when they meet with the person next.

If you have a kitchen, consider poaching one of his cooks. If he wants to sell your customers pizza, why shouldn't you want to do it as well?

Alternatively, if this guy is a one man show, offer him a part time job. He gets a fixed wage for pizza night no matter how many are sold, but since you know your customers, you can offer him a figure that would leave you comfortably in the black. You would also control the ingredient quality. Can't have him giving your place a bad reputation.

Ever heard of a restaurant that gives 80% of its gross income to its cooks, and also lets them buy the cheapest possible ingredients to increase their personal profits?

Also, serving fresh pizza would go down better with your customers. You could offer custom toppings, too.

He would be cooking the pizzas out of his stone oven that he tows around on a trailer.

I'd love to do pizzas but I don't have the room or the knowledge. This guy makes these stone oven pizzas on site and it would blow the shit out of anything that I could do in my kitchen.

If these pizzas knock my tits off I'm thinking graduated % for buying in volume.

10 pizzas sold ->we get 20% sales
20 pizzas sold -30

or maybe ask him for a flat rate to serve pizza's (up to a certain quantity) at our site once a week.

I'm afraid giving him a flat rate will bite me in the ass on a dead night. Again, this guy is producing the pizzas on site in his oven made to order. We would just walk them through the kitchen to the table. I think it's a sweet deal.

20% is better than a slap in the face. Go for it.

>If these pizzas knock my tits off I'm thinking graduated % for buying in volume.
20% would already be seriously cutting into his profit margin, idk how he'll like 30%

In my experience, pizza and fast food margins are really fucking low. If a pie is $20, it might be a cost of $12 to make, including labor.

That seems weird. 20% of sales is free money desu. Assuming you don't already sell pizza.

The next thing, you should sell pizza. You can be a cheap nigga buy all the supplies from Walmart and make probably over 100% profit diy. Unless you're trying to impress people with a certain style dish at a bar, just a simple pizza will sell well.

he keeps all pizza revenue

you keep all bar money as your customers have no clue he's not your business and people need to drink when they eat pizza