Does anyone here use Udemy?

Does anyone here use Udemy?

There are tons of courses of any kind but the quality varies a lot between courses/instructors since anyone can make one (instead of having a set of experts like on Lynda), but they're not all necessary bad.

Any good tutorial worth investing in?

I'm particularly interested in something to learn to make a few bucks online in the short term.

Pluralsight is better. You pay a flat rate and you can watch as many courses as you want

this.

Although someone gave me a Chris Bryant video course from Udemy for the CCNA and it was pretty good.

Yeah, I think Skillshare is like that as well, but the problem is that they don't have the wide variety of courses that Udemy has.
Also on Udemy most courses are often discounted at about 10 bucks and stay in your account forever. That's much cheaper than paying for an expensive monthly/yearly plan.

Also you can be a jew if you want and watch/download all the videos, and then get the refund kek.

My wife used to be on udemy, she says that a lot of the best course providers have left because of a change in pricing structure. They are now on lynda.com

havn't used it in years.

But it's compsci subjects were moderately meaty and free

last time i checked

Bump

No one?

not the best advice but worth the look, 10day free trial

Fuck udemy with its low skilled poo in loo instructors with curry accents -__-

i've used it for app dev courses and they have been pretty good. i've had 3 from one tutor. also done a music related one just for interest to see what was included and it wasn't very good. i've bought a couple of investment related ones, mainly to watch as a tv replacement and learn something too. one was about iron condors, another couple i haven't watched yet, but you can keep them indefinitely.

it depends on the tutors i feel. i also bought almost all of them before they changed the pricing structure and while on sale, paying between $10-15 for them at most.
i think they do a no quibble refund too, so it might be worth a try if you see one you like and have the time to spend a few hours watching it. if you don't like it you can get it refunded.

Isn't this just full of poojets that essentially just give you powerpoints

I've taken a few courses on Khan Academy and would definitely recommend it.

Yeah, it's full of indians, but it's not that hard to see if an instructor is someone from the third world, as you can see their profiles (with their picture and bio), the presentation video, and with most courses you can actually check out a few of the videos in the course itself as a preview.

That plus the rating/review system helps a lot.

One last bump...

I find it easier to learn when I'm able to practice as I'm reading/watching tutorials so Codecademy and Codeschool are better choices for me.
Unrelated: is there any programming or start up documentary out there to boost my code learning motivation because it feels kinda low lately? What keeps you going Veeky Forums?

Something Veeky Forumsrelated?
Or everyone here only watches tutorials for IT stuff?

One of the best free resources for learning development that i have come across is TheNewBoston on YouTube.

Maybe you guys don't know a specific course, but is there anything I should be learning about (on Udemy, Lynda, Youtube, whatever) in order to make a few bucks online?

What should I look for?

I already thought about programming, but the time it would take for me to become good enough to get paid would make it not worth it, as I only need a few extra dollars on the side to make online, and not an entire career.

Any practice I should learn about?

bump

How much are you looking to make?
Why only short term requirement to make the money?
What skills do you already have that you utilize?
Any new skill will take time, effort and resources to acquire. People arn't going to pay you for generic stuff.
If you don't want to invest in yourself to learn profitable skills, then you need to sell something to people, maybe via Ebay.

>How much are you looking to make?
Obviously as much as possible, but what I'm realistically thinking about is around 100-200 bucks a month or something like that. At least in the beginning.
Depending on what it is, I could then find ways to earn more.

>Why only short term requirement to make the money?
Because I'm already working on a long-term plan to make a decent amount of money, but it's going to take me at least 1.5 years to even start earning, so I need something now.

>What skills do you already have that you utilize?
Nothing that I use or can use on the Internet.
However, I'm computer/Internet savy, know electronic music production (not a pro, mind you), and I can do some graphic design (still need some training to become good enough to be paid for it).

>Any new skill will take time, effort and resources to acquire. People arn't going to pay you for generic stuff.
I know. That's why I'm looking to learn something new. I'm not looking for something that's going to earn me a living wage my first week, but the amount of money I'm looking to make is small enough that I imagine there are ways to make it after a few months of training/practice. Maybe I'm wrong on this though.

>If you don't want to invest in yourself to learn profitable skills, then you need to sell something to people, maybe via Ebay.
Learning new skills is exactly what I intend to do.
I'm already working on my "difficult" skills to make it in the long term, and now I need something easier to make a few bucks in the meanwhile.
Unfortunately I have literally no money right now, and can only spend my time working on a computer, without investing anything in the beginning.

If you are good at design then there are websites like 99Designs.co.uk where people provide a brief and then people submit designs, if your design gets picked then you make money. I used to get a logo done and got some really good results from designers.
I can't see the music production making it.
What about a job in the real world. I don't know where you are in the world but in the UK you could get a job in a pub two nights a week and earn more than 100-200 per month.

Health issues don't allow me to work at anything other than at a computer.

I thought about graphic design, and I consider it my last option for now, as I'm not really good and the industry is more than oversaturated with people from all over the world.

My skills aren't really marketable at the moment, so I was looking at something new to learn. That's what I was asking here in the first place.

Also, if that makes a difference, I can speak English decently and Italian fluently.

>Also, if that makes a difference, I can speak English decently and Italian fluently.

That's your answer then. Teach or translate. I lived in Spain and English lessons are big business there. I guess that it would be a similar situation in Italy. Everybody wants/needs to speak English these days. It is the language of business. Both of these job could be done online on a freelance basis.
There is a website called newsinslowspanish that could be replicated. There are also freelance translation websites.

I've looked into the translation business and it would literally be a full time job to make that little money I was looking to make.

That news website seems interesting though. I'll look into some ideas like that, thank you.

Welcome.
The news in slow spanish, just takes basic information and adds value to it. Keep that philosophy in mind. If you can take something freely available and value to it, then people will buy it.

I will, thank you.