Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VGelJhg4B9Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

According to what culture.

To yours.

What is love?

Baby dont hurt me..

A spook

Finding someone you can actually tolerate, spending a lot of money and time in a complex courting ritual, being formally bonded, fucking her brains out, having a large progeny, raising them, and finally dying with your spouse.

Something that can only really happen between two men, because women are incapable of empathy and giving dick.

A transcendental experience. When you love someone, you find an alterity that is complementary to your ego and it takes the both of you into a higher state of being. This higher state is crystallised by the act of making love and also through tender and loving attention. The act of making love is then itself crystallised through your child or your children.

In other words, love is everything.

But of course, you can be a bitter piece of shit and reduce it to "chemicals".

I've been a practical asexual for my entire life so I'm not really sure

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VGelJhg4B9Q

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

- 1 Cor 13:4-8

Love =/= sexual attraction

a two-part relationship, the first part initiated by a chemical reaction due to various factors. the first part slowly fades, and the second part picks up as the first part fades, where the partners decide whether or not the relationship is worth pursuing when compared to various factors. the longevity of this relationship of love strongly depends on the willingness of both parties to compromise and communicate.

To will the good of another, as the other, with no desire for a reward to yourself.

is love the true "altruism"?

How is that bitter, thats what it actually is.

So god is not love

He's a different kind of love, user. I doubt human emotions are the same as God's emotions.

Such bullshit.
God demonstrates all the qualities that in his own book says are not love.

There arent really different kinds of love. If you love someone you do at least those things.

Oxytocin overflow

I don't know. I don't know.

>Reality can only be described through a flawed empirical method
Yeah,

he died for us user

;_;

*hugs you*

Justified true belief

>Hatred is just the inverse of love.
Humans have an innate need to feel the love of others, and you probably feel this need more strongly than most. However, in reality, you feel almost no love on a daily basis, not really as anyone's fault just as a consequence of the nature of our industrial capitalist society. Your attempts to gain the love of others through spreading your own love haven't been successful, and as a result you are frustrated and angry, and feel as though you have been wronged. So, lacking any outlet for the love that you feel that will produce satisfactory results, you instead channel your emotion negatively, into hatred, directed at those you feel are responsible for your unloved state.

If you wish to change this, you must first learn to let go. Let go of the past, let go of the wrongs people have done to you, let go of the attachments and material desires you are holding on to. Once you let go of these things, your hatred will melt away as you see that it is ultimately misdirected and baseless, and that no one is truly responsible for your place in the world but yourself. Then, you will be free to love, and when you love, unconditionally, without the expectation that it will be returned, you will find that it returns to you tenfold.

Of course this is all completely unscientific. But you started being completely unscientific when you started whining about 'hatred' as though it is some empirically verifiable thing and not simply neurons firing improperly in your brain as a result of understimulation.

Some guy explained hatred in Veeky Forums and love just happened to be in there.