Do you fear Hell?

Do you fear Hell?

Turn to Christ, senpai.

Sometimes but generally no. I often consider the future with in my life. Heaven and hell are simply afterthoughts that I might think about before I go to bed.

No, since heaven would be hardly any better. Meaning comes from variation, and without it, anything you're subjected to is meaningless. Suffering feels bad because of its difference from bliss. Take away bliss and you also take away suffering, and are left with meaninglessness.

The same thing is true for heaven. Bliss is altogether meaningless without the possibility of suffering, so if you go to heaven, and have any and all suffering taken away forever, you wouldn't find yourself in a state of eternal bliss, but in a state of eternal meaninglessness

I don't know man. Being boiled in a pot of blood for all of eternity doesn't sound too cozy to me.

>being afraid of things that don't exist

>No, since heaven would be hardly any better.

i go to the limbo

Sounds like bullshit someone would say to convince people to follow his bullshit.

Depends on which ring I'm at. Limbo doesn't sound too bad. I can just talk to Julius Ceaser all day.

>Sounds like bullshit someone would say to convince people to follow his bullshit.

NOT AN ARGUMENT

you are already in hell

We have no hell in Chinkbeliefs, sempaitachibokunopico.
>You will live in a big house with all your dead relatives instead.
Ok, I suppose we do.
>But then there's your nice grandma who passed away 5 years ago.
*sniff* ok we don't.

Only a little because im pretty damn sure it doesnt exist

What if your ancestors were total dicks and you didn't want to be with them in the afterlife forever.

Was there a way to escape this cruel fate?

Interesting point.
Couldn't it then be that heaven and hell are both the same? The thing that differentiates them is only Perspektive.

If Hell is real I take comfort in the fact I will suffer there eternally rather than simply disappear and cease existing once my final neuron fires off for the last time.

>Only a little because im pretty damn sure it doesnt exist

Chinese Afterlife is basically a better version of our world but with Gods n Shiet.

Of course you can wander about the heavenly realm I suppose. But you'd be receiving prayers from your descendants or something.

In the Buddhist syncretist version, there's a hell, but its temporary and more like a prison sentence (actually LITERALLY a prison sentence) before starting over again.

How could you possibly consider that to be better?

Can't fear something that is a fairy tale

I can only imagine that it would get quite old

Sounds plausible.
Maybe your tortured so long until you forget your last life and then you are reborn.

Years of Rice and Salt made me somewhat hopeful for a buddhist afterlife

Nah.

In the Jade Record, supposedly you underwent a series of tortures that you can merit based on the gravest sins of your life. The worst is 無間地獄 (or Avici), in which the worst sinners suffer aeons before being spat out into rebirth.

Operation of the nervous system and sensation ceases after death. So no. I don't fear something I won't be able to feel.

Probably more fun than heaven

>not an argument

If God did not punish nor reward, would you still follow him? Do you actually have a "relationship" or do you only live in fear of the fire? Live to chase the carrot on your stick?

Hell is separation from God and he is in my heart

So no

Why should I fear the place where I would never be?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

What exactly are fun things to do in Christian heaven? Name at least one. You can't.

Christians will be resurrected from the dead.

Fuck off retard. I would rather sit around doing nothing than be in agonizing pain for eternity. Pseudo intellectuals need to kill themselves now.

No because either way I am under the thumb of some entity and I would rather be free
>implying Christians are right

Resurrected from dead in Heaven? Doesn't counts if they would be partying here.

I go to sit in the company of my forefathers, none who even got the slightest warning from God about their pagan gods being any wrong or that their specific Christian sect wasn't the only right one.

Resurrected into a new heaven and a new earth.

>being such a little bitch you need to have some fear of "Hell" to get you not to do evil things

Christcucks, everyone. When your moral compass is defined by fear and doubt rather than a belief in righteousness, there's no wonder Christians and other followers of Abrahamic religions are usually the least moral people.

What would happen to the old heaven then?

It will pass away.

Another high quality christian thread, truly the greatest gift to this board.

why would i? if i believed in heaven or hell i would also believe in christ so i would get to heaven anyway. and if i didn't there would be nothing to be afraid of from my point of view.

It doesn't exist, so no.

A negative question about fantasy land.
You're bland.

Never.
Not because im necessarily a good person, it just does nothing to me the same way some child telling me storys from the monster under his bed wouldnt scare me and im not even meaning that in the fedoraish way.

I just feel like elaborating because I remember that time when that conservative muslim in class just couldnt grasp the very idea of me not being afraid.

Yes comrade, tell me more on why Communism works.

No, there's nothing after death.

Why do people fear Hel so much?
It's just the place where the dead not fit for either great reward or great punishment go when they die.

And? Name one thing which we find pleasurable here on Earth that would be allowed in Heaven.

You can't.

I do.

I've had 3 out of body experiences where I was tortured. Wasn't the hell you hear some people give their testimonies about though, but the disconcerting thing about all of this is that I've woken up outside of my body and not only were all my sensations still there, but I could still feel pain.

All in all though, those experiences taught me things I never even would have considered thinking about if I never had those experiences.

Which further upsets me, because you want to tell people, warn people, but they won't believe you. And you begin to wonder why not everyone is given these experiences.

So in vain, you examine their philosophies, study their general stance, and with God's word you try to paint the truth.

People call God a hypocrite, for some of the things he has commanded....completely void of the potential that the creator of everything Himself, would cut off a limb if it meant saving the whole. That his forgiveness is ever lasting. Yet people still want to war with Him.

As if the Creator of creation itself, has no opinion on this world and just stands idle as people spread pain and suffering through various mediums toward one another.

As if everything doesn't come to a head in some way shape or form. It's disturbing and honestly makes me legit sad.

"Forgive them, they know not what they do." That's a powerful statement because it's true. That statement though, it implies God has expectations from us and you really can't blame Him.

Because if people took the time out and examined the engineering perspective of how we communicate with one another and how relationships go south...not only would you find the source of suffering, but you would find how forgiving and understanding God truly is.

The contradiction though, we all want our parents to rescue us at every given moment. Like little babies we can be. But if you spoild a child, never let him see what he can do on his own, how does he learn?

It's like a spoiled prince who's rescued at every opportunity and doesn't learn to appreciate or take heed to warning. As opposed to the prince who's father taught him discipline and gentleness.

Well unless annihilationists are right...

This

Hell doesn't exist. The fedora meme is the only thing you retarded religious niggers have.

A modern interpretation of hell is the consequences of your bad actions. Yes, I fear them.

Except suffering as related to the human physiology is not just an endless line to both directions.
You cannot get used to constant excruciating pain.
your body has its limits.

All sane people fear being on fire forever, in the dark, and alone.

Insane people think it won't happen to them because of their unbelief. Ironically, it will happen to them because of their unbelief.

Consumed by fire.

Chinks dont seem to think about such things much ha. I guess they have no time, they need to do all the bureaucratic shit and follow all the complex rituals.

You'll be very surprised.

All humans that ever existed will be resurrected on earth when Jesus comes.

Some will keep their bodies for everlasting joy in new Kingdom.

Some will keep their bodies for everlasting torment - this time both physical and spiritual.

>Some will keep their bodies for everlasting torment - this time both physical and spiritual.
People who may be Children as well as serial killers, whose only crime was not believing in a god they didn't even know about.

I don't like this meme.

Nobody is held accountable by God who has not reached their age of accountability.

Worry about yourself.

You're going to hell if you die this second.

In the dark....alone.....and on fire.....

It is righteousness that is causing you to go to hell for your Unbelief.

Sometimes, but I don't believe it exists and it's generally just an irrational "but what if."

What about those above that age?
How do you know you don't reach that age when three years old?

I don't understand your message but from what I understood you assume that restored life in joy will be given only to those who accepted Jesus Christ - those who accepted Jesus will also enjoy Paradise before restored life.

But on final Judgement - all souls that ever existed will be judged in general context not purely Christian, every idea, every context will be judged by God. So a Muslim that lived a virtuous life will be judged based on his virtues and have a chance to be restored to eternal joy.

Butt secks

>The only way to haven is through me
No, they won't get another chance unless they believe in Jesus, and if that is the only requirement everyone will be able to go to heaven since everyone will believe in Jesus after having been burning in hell for quite some time.

Are you joking? Seriously it makes no difference in the long term both are fucked if it's an eternal. Could you go outside for the summer or go swimming or something instead of annoying us here?

Or the prince whose father tortured him for over 1 trillion years because the prince did not obey the teachings his father left his stewards during his 50 year life.

No because I'm not religious.

See, that sounds like Hell to me. I've been on Veeky Forums for 7 years. And in that time, I've gotten into BDSM, pedophilia, slob fetish, and also realized I'm a tranny.

If I live for a thousand years in an earth like realm, I'm gonna start erecting the boiling cauldrons of oil.

Just like I'm not afraid of ghosts or dragons.

If anything, it'd be pretty exciting to wake up after death and find that I'm living a new life.

Maybe you had just brainspasms?
Besides that, there are other more disheartening metaphysical explanations for your suffering that are not less valid due to the difficulties of actually proving them right.

What if souls just suffer and burn up in general regardless of how they lifed their lifes?-it just happens after death that they disintegrate painfully and slowly and reform anew.
Or you went through a bhuddist purgatory.
Or you had no patron deity to protect you from the maelstrom in which all souls are lost that dont manage to get a hold of some kind of personal heaven/demon they constructed/prayed to in their life who provides for them.
Or god has abandoned us and lets us just fizzle and stay in pain for ever in some kind of halfhearted storeroom he abandoned after he lost interest in creation/this particular one.

So many possibilities.

The term 'getting used to' is utterly meaningless in this context, as that implies variation, which is altogether lacking in hell

So heaven is depression?

I'm already there.

Once again, this thread proves that all the Abrahamic religions have going for themselves is fearmongering. Fearmongering and violence.

If the concept of hell proves anything, it's that fear, suffering and violence are the real gods the Abrahamists worship

Yeah this.
Im a pessimist agnostic and question the morality of my believes a lot.
Im happy if I get any kind of afterlife, ok muslims hell would suck but these kinds of hells are so ridiculous in their description that they discredit themselves by their all to human torture fantasies. (shirts made of tar! seriously?)
Chrisitian hell is less defined therefore seems more possible but only among so many possibilities that I dont worry.

Meeting other condemned souls would be neat.
Even if afterlife sucks, meeting people from other times would be fascinating!

No, because having a depression refers to a condition in the real world, which has variation between states of mind. The main reason a depression feels bad is because it differs from a non-depressed state of mind.

The state of mind in heaven would be a complete viod. Heaven would be like being in a state of endless emptiness, an infinite lack of meaning that never ends. It would be like being alive and conscious, being stuck in a room you can't get out of

*void

Why fear spooks?

I will embrace it as my eternal home.

Yup, non-existence seems way better than Heaven. Hell at the very least doesn't have false advertisement.

Catholics have purgatory which is only temporary and for all believers who vaguely tried to live after gods law, the absolute nonbelievers get hell and catholic exorxists believe in a hierachical hell and heaven.
Hell, is then like feeling unloved, being confronted with your own sins (so if you werent that bad it doesnt hurt as much) and also feeling eternally butthurt about god and having missed a chance while having to stay around souls and demons who also did evil and thus are bad company because noone really likes each other down there due to the obviousness of each others faults.

So its not pure fearmongering to be fair as it scales with your wrongdoing so a person that has nothing to really feel bad for is not as affected as someone who knows he is mean.

But if you want to confront sinners with their sins, and make them aware that what they did was bad, hell seems like the single worst way to teach them that. It doesn't teach anyone anything. It's comparable to 'teach' a kid a text by letting him repeat it over and over again, he doesn't understand any of it, he just mindlessly repeats the same set of sounds and symbols.

I can come up with a better version of hell, here's an example: hell is a state where you're forced to live out the lives of everyone who you ever wronged. This would give you the experience of the injustice you've caused, and afterwards you're asked whether what you did was right or wrong. Then you live out your life a second time and when you do it right, you enter into heaven

Honestly I fear the void of nonexistence way more.

Is eternal suffering bad? Of course it's fucking bad, but at least I still EXIST in that.

doesnt that create way too many timelines maximising general suffering?

But yeah, hell is the "can we fix it? No its fucked!" approach.

Why not accept it?

I like existing

So given the choice, maximal eternal suffering or non existence you'd rather choose maximal eternal suffering?
I honestly doubt that you wouldn't regret that choice within a second, at least with non existence there isn't anything to regret.
Honestly one of the few, but undoubtedly the largest boundaries of me taking that leap of faith into Christianity is the fact that I must accept both that my father who killed himself recently is in hell and that 2 dozen family members will go there too since I don't trust myself in being able to convert them effectively since they'd cease all communications if I tried and failed.
So yes I do fear it in a way.
Anybody else know this feel? Can't imagine white westerners would know it.

But nonexistence is inevitable, isn't it?

What feel?
The feel of wanting to be faithful but not being able to due to the consequences of it (believing your loved ones will suffer eternally), or fearing hell due to being christian and knowing your father went there?

>being this retarded
if it didn't have health consequences post-consumption, and its effect per quantity didn't get lower as usage goes on, nobody would ever stop doing heroin or get bored with the sensation it gives

The feeling of not being sure whether you could effectively communicate the potential legitamacy of christianity effectively without being completely ostracised by everybody in your family. They're the typical chinese folk hybrid of Confucianism, buddhism and taoism if that helps.
>tfw have to pray to legendary chinese generals so that my grandmother still talks to me