Why cant God present himself directly?

why cant the supposed god of the universe assume a physical form? why cant he reveal himself to his creatures?

in the old testament, god did not convey his commandments directly to Abraham, he instead left 2 stone tablets with the commandments written on them. why?

in the new testament, instead of god directly telling man that they are sinners and should repent, he sends his supposed son to spread his teachings, even if they might become lost in translation. why?

in the Quran, instead of Allah conveying his will directly to Mohammed, he sends the archangel Gabriel. why?

why cant an almighty god present himself to his creation? is there something keeping him from that, if not, then just why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karaism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cause its a test, and unlike tests in school, it does not reward critical thinking

The Gnostics have an answer for this, but orthodox Abrahamics have to believe that the creator of the entire Universe chose a small part of the Middle East to uniquely reveal himself to a handfull of illiterates. And if you can believe that, you'll believe anything.

why would God give you something ready-made while you don´t have anything to give back
evolve your lazy ass

because he doesnt exist

well supposedly he loves us like a parent, greater than a parent even.

I like the concept of tzimtzum as portrayed in the Kabbalah, essentially God is too great so he conceals himself to allow creation to exist, his infinite greatness would simply outweigh anything else

Even most Jews regard Kabbalah as heretical, certainly only the most contrived interpretations of kabbalah would be compatible with orthodox Christian sects

There is no god. That which does not exist lacks material form or physical embodiment.

>justification and salvation mean nothing without a faith declaration
>a faith declaration would mean nothing without free will (sorry, Calvinists)
>in the face of complete divine revelation (God being omnipotent etc), the only choice would be faith
>therefore God will not reveal Himself

why doesnt the bible mention other planets

>mfw tests in school should reward critical thinking but instead reward rote memorization and google fu.

He can.

Now ask why He isn't. Ask why everything is razor balanced to have enough evidence to believe in Him, and enough not to.

God has revealed himself once and only to Moses.

Rubbish.

Jesus is God. Sooner you figure that out the better.

Because god is not actually omnipotent, and expended most of his power doing bad shit to Semitic peoples during antiquity.

What interest does a complete being have in making an incomplete being, only to fuck with said incomplete being instead of being up front?

Obviously it's an elaborate test as to whether or not you'll look at his ex. He knows where they work, so he set you up on a date over there to see if you will.

God is just a vindictive girlfriend and he's STILL pissed at A&E over having dinner with somebody else ONCE.

If the greeks were right, we'd literally explode in his presence by being unable to withstand him.

He does. In total solitude.

You do realize that the very conduit of reality begins to expand with every added dimension? Things in the 8th dimension can't even be seen in the 3rd or 4th, which is where we are. All because there's not enough space for that matter to exist before us.

So in theory, the higher you climb in dimensions...if you look at the earth, it's going to be spinning like a top. At amazing speeds.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing: that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

This describes that the Creator of everything exists outside of time. That from his perspective, a single day to him, a thousand years pass for us. Again, the earth from that perspective is spinning like a top.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the physical make up of reality as we know it. Especially since you're not even meant to witness any of it for more than what? 70-80 years or so?

Most mainstream Christians believe that the Son of God is God himself and that God did manifest himself physically.

Catholics, Orthodox, and Anglicans believe that God continues to manifest himself physically in the Eucharist.

These same denominations, (as well as maybe the Lutherans? not sure) believe that God instituted a Magesterium (or whatever the non- Catholic name for that is) in order to interpret Scripture to keep it from being lost in translation.

It would be too convenient. He prefers it if his children continue to murder each other over various falsified accounts of his manifestations. It builds character.

Thank you

>most Jews regard kaballah as heretical
nigga, you are full of shit

>why cant God present himself directly?
because god is a jew

Seems legit.
Can't even find a hiding person and is powerless against iron chariots.

God did present himself in Jesus but the world rejected him.

Get your story straight you damn dirty jew. He presented himself dozens of times if we were to go by your fiction books.

Because Christcucks have to come up with convoluted explanations as to why he can't.

Why can't you make yourself present among ants in their anthill?

The easy answer to this, is I am not omnipotent

this

kabala is heretical and anti-Jewish
it babylonian numerology and goes against everything in the torah
they even blaspheme and make representations of Jah with various illustrations and subdivide Jah into various departments

it is the demonic occultism that Moses and the prohpets warned against.
Jah gave the Tanakh and commanded not to add/modify/delete. original Judaism did not have additions of kabala (babylonian numerology), talmud, rabbi
Original Judaism had a direct connection with Jah, not requiring rabbis, kabbalas, talmuds or mystical babylonian rituals....
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karaism

Judaism stopped existing c. AD 70 with the fall of the Second Temple. One former sect, the Pharisees, cobbled together a bogus "oral law" and wrote the Talmud between AD 100 and 500 and called themselves "Jews." They formed an entirely new religion. They replaced the Tanakh with the Talmud (that's right, "Jews" don't even follow the Old Testament). They didn't have a Temple anymore (which real Judaism needed to exist). They didn't have a Priesthood anymore (they replaced priests with rabbis lol). All of their beliefs and practices were fabrications. It simply isn't the same religion. Your grandmother was a Rabbinic Talmudic Pharisee, not a Jew. If you want to see the real inheritors of the tradition of Abraham, look to the Christians. That religion is actually older than "Judaism."

Potency has nothing to do with it.

The answer is because you can't fit in; it is impossible not because you are impotent, but because it cannot be done.

The Christian explanation is that He does not appear because if He did, it would impinge on the functioning of our free will. We would all be too frightened, awe-inspired and overjoyed to do anything but gasp and stare.

No one is talking about a full reveal here. Just a confirmation of existence and perhaps a clear explanation of exactly what he wants from us.

And not through a human proxy or a book, I mean direct

Another metaphorical way of asking it would be: why can't you step into the space that you are currently occupying?

Interesting how both the Jews and Catholics follow religions started in Babylon.

It really is a choice: Jerusalem or Babylon.

Have you ever heard of someone named "Jesus", going by the alias "Christ"?

His best friend saw Him and fell on his face as though dead.

I think you might be on to something.

And let's not forget that the Hebrews begged Him to stop talking to them, for fear they would die:

Exodus 20

The People Afraid of God’s Presence

Now all the people witnessed the thunderings, the lightning flashes, the sound of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw it, they trembled and stood afar off. Then they said to Moses, “You speak with us, and we will hear; but let not God speak with us, lest we die.”

The Lord directly revealed Himself to me because I demanded that He do so.

Sack up and make the same demand, and don't stop until you receive your confirmation.

It's not that God cannot make Himself known to you; He is waiting for your consent. He is Love, not Rape. Most of you seem to prefer Rape.

If you actually expect God to reveal itself to persons as if he were some other person talking to you, you are an ignorant idiot with the imagination level of an ape.

God is an impersonal and total entity existing beyond the cosmos and beyond the pleroma; it literally cannot manifest directly to a single individual living inside the cosmos, much less communicate with it.

The Catholic Church is of Jerusalem.

Um... The Catholic Church is from Rome.

Learn some basic history.

Why do religious people believe that without religion, no one would have any morals?

Your not suggesting a man who preached in the backwaters of the roman empire, for less than a decade and never wrote anything down, is the same as a direct revelation.

a single person is unreliable for so many reason. has to be universal

But it's priests are from the line of Melchizedek, the High Priest of Jerusalem who anointed Abraham.

See

Oh my Lord, no. It's a direct descendant of Babylon. So says Peter.

1 Peter 5:13 She who is in Babylon, elect together with you, greets you; and so does Mark my son.

Every pagan rite and ritual in the RCC is from Babylon, especially "venerating" the "Queen of Heaven", mourning with her for 40 days prior to the resurrection of her son, and fasting during that mourning period.

There's nothing of Jerusalem in the RCC; they are, have been, and always will be virulently anti-semetic.

Without God, there is no objective basis for morality.

Men build religions around what God says is good and evil.

Chickenshit people don't enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

The universal revelation of Jesus Christ, aka the Second Coming, will happen at a point in time where, if you survive, you will have lost already. Badly. Either completely to where you are cast alive into the lake of fire, or if you manage to do then what you cannot do now, enjoy less of a reward, less status, and less of a relationship with the living God.

No, they're babylonian priests performing rites and rituals to Eat God, Be God. As a priest after the Order of Melchizedek myself, I know that the Roman priests have nothing in common with me.

Because he doesn't want you to believe in him because you have no choice, he wants you yo chose him. Hence the whole faith thing.

Yup.

John 20:29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Faith is the ability to believe things you have not seen.

>anti-Semitic
Babylonians were Semites...

Are you an Orthodox priest?

That's awfully anti-intellectual though. Other than simply asserting your own religious beliefs can you give any reason that a benevolent God that cares for his people would deliberately make gullibility some kind of virtue necessary for salvation.

God is abstract.

Think of God like freedom or happiness. You can know the definitions and have an idea as to what those two are. However, you'll never truly know what they are until you EXPERIENCE them. And to acquire this experience, one must go through the process of working to get to where one can experience them.

To put it this way, God's presence is something only an individual experiences.

Well seeing as how all my understanding of God is directly linked to my religious beliefs no i really can't.
Also, while this is more personal views and i doubt many priests would agree, i dont think faith is necessary. Jesus himself asserts that love is greater than faith

>Well seeing as how all my understanding of God is directly linked to my religious beliefs no i really can't.

Fair enough. At least you admit it.

its strange how there is still racism on a blue board, but then i remember that this is Veeky Forums and its all just racist

Heaven forbid.

What an absurd conclusion to draw.

A rational person would say that, just as in the battle of Ai, the Hebrews resorted to their own strength and did not consult God for that battle.

To say God put light in the sun but couldn't combat iron chariots is ludicrous.

God is a person. We talk all the time. It's awesome.

Good point.

Anti-"christkillers"

It's actually anti-thinking-you-are-an-animal-with-only-five-senses.

You thinking your intellect surpasses God's is funny.

God is a person.

Think of Him as a person. Will. Feelings. Emotions. Hands. Feet. Nose.

Person.

>It's actually anti-thinking-you-are-an-animal-with-only-five-senses.

You could say the same of any other of the religions that exist or have been extinguished that you casually reject.

>You thinking your intellect surpasses God's is funny.

And that's just silly. I called a specific position anti-intellectual with good reason.

He came as human: Jesus.

You can have mystical visions trough the Holy Spirit today - just be in His Church, repent, purify and pray for it.

>Five senses
Kek

>Your intellect surpasses gods
>My holy book is inspired by god, I swear

Then what are you? A lesbian Protestant priestess?

>He came as human: Jesus.

This.

Krishna has appeared as many avatars. Including Jesus.

I reject all religions, so that's a pretty safe thing to say.

Doesn't change the fact that you life your life as though you were an animal.

Your position is actually the anti-intellectual position as it immediately discards the supernatural. That's just willful ignorance.

I told you. I am a priest after the Order of Melchizedek. My High Priest is Jesus of Nazareth, the High Priest after the Order of Melchizedek.

After the order.

Not the order.

Similar to the order.

Not the same order.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Bullshit. Jesus was fully human.

Oh really? Then you're what, some sort of agnostic theist or some shit?

Why do you presume that there is only one god? Who says that physical reality isn't the creation of a multitude of gods and goddesses?

Great but that certainly is not what Christians believe

>The universal revelation of Jesus Christ, aka the Second Coming, will happen at a point in time where, if you survive, you will have lost already.

why cant the supposed god of the universe assume a physical form? why cant he reveal himself to his creatures?

Why?

No, you and I have not defined our terms.

Religion, from religio, are systems of bondage made by men in a vain effort to reach up to the heavens, to be like God. They all fail.

God came down from heaven and is taking anyone who wants to go back up with Him.

Jesus did not die to impose another system of bondage; He died to make men free. Free from death. Free from the devil. Free from condemnation. And free from systems of bondage.

I am free.

God said He's the only One like Him out there.

You have to trust someone going through life.

God is a good person to start trusting.

actually if you think about it, this is just how humans naturally learn things.

we learn in the context of community, through parents and teachers and by means of argumentation and trust. God would not make humans in this way and then abandon that principle when it came to divinely interacting with humanity. Even if God's ways are not our ways, he knows our ways and conveys his message as such.

He did.

He became flesh and dwelt among us.

He's the most famous person in history.

His name is Jesus.

>in the Quran, instead of Allah conveying his will directly to Mohammed, he sends the archangel Gabriel. why?

allah is Ba'al. The muslims worship Ba'al and call Ba'al "allah" and "God".

They greatly err. But then, they have worshiped Ba'al for thousands of years.

I think they're just Christian heretics, like Mormons.

He was much more than just a man.

>I reject all religions
>God came down from heaven and is taking anyone who wants to go back up with Him.

So you are religious then.

Hindu avatars are not fully human. So Jesus being fully human means Jesus was not a Hindu avatar.

They have 330,000,000 million demon gods, the Hindus. They're a very lost people who are essentially animists believing in the Great Spirit, like the American Indians.

No, not at all.

Perhaps read my post when you sober up.

>Jesus being fully human

Jesus was an avatar not just a mere human.

but was not Abraham a pimp?

>my religion is not a religion

This is just sad. Are you seriously sitting at your computer thinking this is some sort of serious argument?

I actually feel a little bit sorry for you.

t. American protestant.

The whole thing is explainable and logical. And there is a God. But what is now commonly known about it is not correct. Or not entirely correct. Whatever you think of this is the problem.

Jesus is God.

What you call avatars are demons.

(Me)

What seems as a lack of directness lies in the mad status of the subject. If it wouldn't be mad you would conclude that God presents himself directly sufficiently.

I do not belong to any religion.

I have been transformed from a spiritually dead human being into a new creation in Christ Jesus.

I know it's something you know nothing about; that's painfully obvious.

It would benefit you to check into it.

Bible believing born again Christian, yes.

Are we really located only in America though?

I hardly think so.

It's not that it's not correct; its as though seen through a glass, darkly. He'll fix that problem, later. For both sides.