Why don't you smoke?

Why don't you smoke?
>comparatively good for you
>at least not AS bad for you as other drugs
>cheap
>from the earth

Reminder if you use others examples and experiences as your own you are ignorant

Reminder you cannot form a proper opinion of something you have never fully tried

Reminder almost everyone alive has some sort of vice, who are you to judge who does what?

None of these are really compelling reasons to indulge in small potatoes.

Weed culture is awful, and this is coming from someone who smokes literally everyday. Smoking just to get high is an absolutely worthless hobby, but getting high to program, write music, read history or watch documentaries is simply amazing. I pity those who smoke just to get high, those are the idiots that move onto harder drugs once their tolerance is far too strong.

I wouldn't recommend weed for most people. Most stoners I know are useless humans, only those with the discipline that can enjoy it responsibly as a pastime should do it.

Well it has the obvious perks of being relaxing and 'fun'. But I didn't want to mention those obvious qualities.

It's your turn now to say why you don't smoke, without using ignorance as your example.

>it's good for you compared to being stabbed
>it's natural so it's great, maaaaaaaaaaaaan
That doesn't make it good for you. Fuck off, hippy.

Pesticides

Kek.

OP here, I also smoke everyday. Kill yourself you pompous ass. Who the fuck are you to say how others should use their drugs/spend their lives.

Self righteous prick. YOU are what is wrong with 'weed culture'. Scum.

DUDE HUMANITIES LMAO

What does this have to do with history?

>Weed culture
Yeah fuck this.
You lost me at the "do things" shit. Yeah I'll watch a documentary or I'll do something cool to chill but literally smoking recreationally is like drinking recreationally in the sense that it isn't life threatening like heroin, but it still acts as a social thing to do sometimes.

>Who the fuck are you to say how others should use their drugs/spend their lives.

Because like I said, most people just can't handle weed. They become deadbeat losers or they go full retard and move on to coke, meth, etc.

People can smoke weed if they'd like, I'm just giving some advice. Also, it's clear that this thread has nothing to do with history, so you can kill yourself, faggot.

Dear reader,

There are coffee shops all around me where I live.

I have non in my house or recently.

Still I love the weedies. I mean like in the OP image, I am not pointing to persons for some reason.

I've never killed anyone, but reason and experience would tell me that it would be a band thing for me.

What does it mean when weedfags say comparatively good for me? Compared to poison? Alcohol? Smoking? Cocaine?

All things a reasonable man would avoid. These are all poorman and dumbmans answer to life's problem.

So I actually do smoke but your post is fucking retarded and I'm going to meticulously explain why.

Eating dog poop is relatively good for you compared to injecting gasoline directly into your bloodstream.

Eating deer poop isn't as bad for you as eating coyote poop. Doesn't mean that you should eat deer poop.

>cheap
Compared to what? Not smoking?

>from the earth
Sorry I didn't realize that meth was from space

>Reminder if you use others examples and experiences as your own you are ignorant
Then all historical knowledge can fuel only ignorance because the experiences and examples of others are all we have to rely on from previous generations.

>Reminder you cannot form a proper opinion of something you have never fully tried
I have never jumped off of a ten story building. It is my opinion that if I did that, it would hurt and I might die. I guess that's not a proper opinion though by your logic.

>Reminder almost everyone alive has some sort of vice, who are you to judge who does what?
Well for one thing what other people do to their bodies has literally nothing to do with what you do with your body and pointing a finger to someone else and saying "they do it too" is a meaningless defense, I mean you could be eating your own poop and pointing at another guy that eats their own poop doesn't make it any better, just makes it so there's two guys eating their own poop.

Also this has literally nothing to do with history.

I smoke for 1-2 months out of the year. It's unhealthy for your brain, saps your ambition and can cost anywhere from $100-1000 a month to maintain the habit. It has it's benefits, it makes everything quite a bit more entertaining and can give you alternative perspectives on things which can be constructive. Ultimately your post is garbage and you should feel bad.

OP Fuck off, this thread doesn't belong on Veeky Forums

I used to, but then I remembered that my mom was a paranoid schizophrenic.

I really miss being a 14 year old, saving 2 dollars worth of lunch money a day all week, and then going downtown and trying to get as fucked up as I could on ten dollars before 9pm.

>>comparatively good for you
Compared to what?

History of law, humanities as a whole?
>not knowing philosophers are hard core drug addicts.
>not knowing Freud was an avid coke fiend

>argues that smoking is great
>gets bitchy when someone prefaces the argument with a complaint against one aspect about smoking
Seriously, fuck off. You are insufferable, online and likely irl.

So they are bad for you then?

>Compared to what?
You know what, tobacco and alcohol.

How old are you?

Where you you live senpai?

>Reminder you cannot form a proper opinion of something you have never fully tried
This is incorrect and a defense mechanism for plebs.

My reason I don't smoke is that it doesn't seem terribly important to me.

I have nothing against marijuana, but it isn't a necessity, so I have no real reason to go out and purchase it.
Plus there are other things I do prefer doing, and I don't want to disrupt them.

VALIDATE MY BAD HABITS!

Tobacco doesn't cause psychosis.

>Because like I said, most people just can't handle weed
kek.

>putting words in mouths
Kek.

>Sorry I didn't realize that meth was from space
The only point that doesn't revolve around a complete and utter lack of the understanding of context.

You understand what synthesising is right? Are you really trying to argue so hard you completely lack the context?

Literally, and I mean that literally, literally every single thing in your thread is only a point because you left out context. You're being facetious, it's quite funny how retarded you actually are.

I love the
>So I actually do smoke
I don't care for your opinion. Of course you have 0 reading comprehension.

I'll tell you something. When I read a good article or a book or a story or interesting things, I am having fun and mostly relaxing. Those have no negatives. With time being limited, why weed over those things I enjoy?

>overly defensive nonargument multi-posting
kek

Pretending to be retarded is still behaving like a retard.

something something nigger something degenerate something

I can't form an opinion of murder because I've never tried it?

>Tobacco doesn't cause psychosis.
Nope, but it gives you many, many, many forms of cancer.

There is also nothing to suggest Marijuana is the CAUSE of psychosis in peoples who smoke marijuana (most cases had genetic history of schizophrenia).

DUDE WEED LMAO

KEK

>I can't form an opinion of murder because I've never tried it?
Literally, no. You don't honestly think many people are out there murdering people for the sole love of killing.

Kek.

I'm taking a break right now, I really resent the feeling of temporary psycho-motor retardation, considering I already have psycho-motor issues.

This is why I stopped. Habit=/=hobby and a lot of people in the community are pushy as fuck as to how it's a wonderdrug that EVERYONE should take. Fuck off buddy, maybe my friend isn't interested in weed just cause I am.

Granted, OP is right; trying to say what people should and shouldn't do with the stuff is hardly better.

There's not really any toxicity to it, but it does cause temporary psycho-motor retardation, like I said, which can be compacted and extended with chronic use. Also, forcing hot smoke into your lungs is never good for them, but the effect is temporary as well.

That shit was an emotional crutch for me so that I could continue to do nothing in my parent's house unimpeded by silly emotions like guilt or want. If I WERE to tell somebody how to use the stuff, I'd say make it a choice, not a habit. If you don't have your shit in line before you use recreational drugs like weed, you run the risk of developing emotional dependency that can be hard to escape.

Okay then, what's the context? You would be the one that established the context you're claiming exists, please, describe the context in which your claims are set. I only made points without context because you (ironically) provided no spectrum of comparison(aka context).

And yes, I am aware of several definitions of the word "synthesis", in this case you're implying that something growing out of the ground makes it inherently better than something synthesized in a laboratory, regardless of objective evidence to the contrary if it exists.

Eating tylenol is healthier for you than eating hemlock, and hemlock is from the earth.

All biological harmful things aside, why should I waste my money on this?

>I was only pretending to be retareder!!1!

>starts conversaition about drugs
>cannot see the scope of context includes drugs
What the fuck is wrong with you? If I were talking about post Marian reform Roman tactics and how it worked for the empire would you start sperging out about the Buddhist Conversion of India under Ashoka as the more important event in history? What the fuck is wrong with you?

This "earthism" is a genuinely obnoxious line of contemporary thought. It looks to me, at face value, like gaia worship. And it has genuinely no rational basis that just because something exists exclusive to our tampering, that it is somehow "Good" without any real qualifiers as to what, why and how it is good.

Shit like this naturalism is what makes people dupe themselves into thinking they're anti-GMO when there isn't a single thing on the planet we eat (aside from maybe wild fish?) that hasn't been affected by our forced selection. Shit like that has moved swathes of eurotards to trash ridiculous amounts of food for muh naturalism. Shit like that makes it impossible for us to discern shitty market practices of firms like Monsanto, from possible good ones, because it's all bad under this logic.

DUDE

>why should I waste my money on this?
What else do you waste your money on, vice-wise.

It's fun and interesting. Try it and you might find a reason. If you don't like it, you'll come down in a couple hours and never have to think about it again. If you have the slightest amount of discipline and willpower it shouldn't give you any issues.

Literally the only thing I meant from 'from the earth' means you can grow it, in your garden. God dam you cunts are obnoxious. You cannot form a thought without projecting your own retardation upon it.

Some people do it daily. Assuming a gram a day, that's $10 a day habit. Very expensive habit for me that only lasts about an hour. $300 a month is roughly my rent, or a brand new CPU/GPU that will last me 4 years and generate tons more euphoric experiences. Every month.

Also isn't it an addiction when you have to do it everyday that became a dependency for you? Ever thought about quitting?

It's simple. You made claims that require a context of comparison without providing a context of comparison, and then when someone made claims to demonstrate why making claims without a context of comparison is meaningless, you then (ironically) pointed out that making claims without context has no meaning, thus defeating your own initial arguments.

If you then add the context "Well OBVIOUSLY I meant on the spectrum of drugs", we are now in a different territory of illogical argumentation. For example:

Weed is good compared to meth.

Does this mean I should smoke weed, and not smoke meth? Is this reasoning for smoking weed? Not really, but let's pretend it is anyway because you seem to think it's somehow logical reasoning.

If something not being as bad as something else is a reason to choose to do it in place of the thing that is worse, well, green tea is better for you than weed. You should drink green tea instead of weed, by your own logic. It is illogical for you to smoke weed according to yourself.

"From the Earth" implies exactly what those other anons were bitching about. If you meant you could grow it yourself without having to buy it then you should have said it.

Your idiocy is getting to the point that I half believe you are falseflagging. A brilliant falseflag though, to be sure.

Weedfags all need to die

>Also isn't it an addiction when you have to do it everyday that became a dependency for you? Ever thought about quitting?

Never said anything about not being addicted. I do quit, at least I have multiple times for 6 month gaps at a time. Jobs and such, it's not hard. The only hard thing about it is how easy it is.

>why can't I smoke right now?
not
>I need to smoke right now
Some might see it as the same, I don't though, not when I have dropped it cold turkey many times (after years of smoking daily).

$10 a day is not expensive at all, considering a lot of people will smoke 20-30 a day in tobacco and who knows AS WELL in alcohol.

I didn't read any of that.

Keep going.

You didn't read it because it causes you're cognitive dissonance's little bitch boy.

So wait, you are angry at me because you made false assumptions? Kek, that's not how it works.

I would have clarified, had you asked for clarification, had you not been busy making assumptions to support your false arguments.

So it's my fault that you use a nebulous term? I'm going by one of the more common, contemporary definitions of "Frum da urf" which is more or less the opposite of what contrived means.

Here you are ranting about context when you made no mention of any garden or farming whatsoever. Just admit it's a shitty qualifier for something to be evaluated as good or bad and move on. Christ.

I didn't read it because it's an irrelevant wall of text.

>Just admit it's a shitty qualifier for something to be evaluated as good or bad and move on
See

A reasonable person doesn't have those expensive habits. I do wine/alcohol on a very small scale at new years for traditions sake. As a man of reason and logic I never saw the reason to do either alcolhol, weed, or cigarettes. So when people say it's cheaper than cigs or its healthier than alcohol, I don't get the argument.

Gotcha.

Maybe you can moderate the amount you smoke? I do it typically once a week late in the day. No problems whatsoever after years. I can space out a single gram in an entire month and still get high. Why do you assume it's full on stoner or nothing?

>I don't get the argument.
There are more vices than smoking or drinking, that's why I said vice, not drug.

Like anything, it's usually those who are fanatics, hardcore, druggies, extremists, etc that take time to defend their dangerous and expensive habits.

Okay, what's your point? Some shitty people do a thing so it's a shitty thing? I mean, you obviously have no perspective on this at all.

It's a matter of probability. There's no way to know you're not a druggie or a druggie but there are probabilities that we can use to factor and create a default weed poster.

>I'm prejudiced from reading various anonymous internet posts
is not an argument

>Some people do it daily. Assuming a gram a day, that's $10 a day habit

where are you from? in south american you can get a $5 bag that if you dont smoke daily can last you a month so its hardly expensive.

>a $5 bag
Does it look like this?

People who smoke answer me this

Hydro vs Bush
or
Indoor vs Outdoor

Outdoor all the way.

Everyone is prejudice. What's the issue?

Shit post desu, OP asks a question then immediately reminds us why all our answers are bullshit is his opinion. Needless arguing ensues, why the fuck is this on Veeky Forums anyway?

dont get me wrong i enjoy weed but only 3-4 times a year that way it not a habit im throwing cash recklessy toward (iving check to check) and the times i do its usually half (pass out) or all day marathon like go till dome is rocked thourghly. lose grip on reality for a day and walk away with few stories/new insights.

OP here, this is the fastest Veeky Forums has moved since it's inception.

Say what you will weed is always a hot topic on Veeky Forums. Smoking, drug and one vice is directly related to humanities.

No it loos pretty decent but i havent taken high quality weed so cant tell you

Weedies have to be the most obnoxious group out there besides atheist.

D U D E

Your lack of a reply is suspicious.

Why is this in his? Just because Khan took shits doesn't make this a shit discussion board.

also people like you shoving it in others faces is what's wrong with weed culture. You guys are almost as bad as vegans.
P.S. DUDE WEED

I was just poking some fun, only Americucks and Euro's smoke 'high quality' weed. Bush is the best high that exists.

Can smoke it all day no problem.

>projecting emotions
>using "kek" over a dozen times
You sound underage or marijuanically lobotomized.

Bur.

I don't see the point of getting high

Because it doesn't benefit me in any way. The only time I used it I kept forgetting what I was doing constantly and having a hard time remembering where I put things/what I wanted to play or work on. Why would I bother taking a substance that makes me less productive?

>I don't see the point of getting high
Have you consistently gotten high after a hard days work, of preferably, physical labour?

why this thinly veiled weed thread on a history board?

It's better most of you continue to smoke pot, because you'd not have been in any position to make real decisions anyway. It's a loser pastime for losers. Revel in your loserhood. Tune in, turn on, drop out, just like alcoholics, just like people who feed themselves too damn much.

OP here, it's pretty blatantly a weed thread.

Why/why not someone does something is related to humanities/philosophy. It's been said about 50 times if you bothered to read the thread.

I have never gotten high. I don't see the point.

I don't want to.

I have an addictive personality as it is, I don't really need another vice to add to that.

>I don't see the point.
I don't see the point in playing sport. The person playing does.

Literally what you are saying is - I am ignorant.

That's it. You aren't suggesting you would like to try, that you don't care to try, or that you made up your mind about it.

Just that you are ignorant. I don't see the point of your post.

>I don't see the point in playing sport. The person playing does.
Which is why I don't play sports

>That's it. You aren't suggesting you would like to try, that you don't care to try, or that you made up your mind about it.

reading comprehension
>Why don't you smoke?
>I don't see the point [of smoking]

i don't care to try because i do not see the point of doing it

>I don't see the point in playing sport. The person playing does.
This made no sense. Yeah an athlete would have a reason to play a sport, but not everyone is physically fit or interested in any kind of physical games. Your reasoning is that a person with no interest in a substance should take it anyways. If someone isn't interested they aren't interested. Being pushy makes not only you but what you're trying to push look bad. My weed friends never ever tried to push weed on me, because they respect people's interests and boundaries.

It's boring. I smoked recreational for years, then started it seriously during my senior year of university. Getting high becomes unfulfilling. I agree that it bolsters creativity but only if your intention is to smoke as a catalyst for doing something else. Otherwise you really don't do anything. Then you decide to take a break from it to loosen your potency. Little changes after you try it again. Also, the culture is plebeian and I resent associating with it. I have no issues in discussing and using weed but I'm impartial to its legislation.

>Your reasoning is that a person with no interest in a substance should take it anyways.
Kek no.

My reasoning is of course if he has never tried it he would not have an interest in it, a sport player has played sport and therefore knows he likes to play sport so he plays sport.

It really not hard logic. No where did I say that he should try it, just that he implied no interest, if he had said he had no interest in trying it I would have then asked why.

Saying "I see no point" has literally, no point. Where can the conversation progress from there? All he says is he doesn't see the point, It's fine, he is simply ignorant and admitting it.

I don't care either way. Stop projecting.

there doesn't need to be a discussion though. OP asks a question, I give a reply, which is that I am just not interested in it because the glorified consequences of doing it don't sound appealing to me. That's it.

I don't know why you're so butthurt and nervous. Take a nap.

You're right that it is ignorance, but is it really bad ignorance? He isn't going to gain or lose anything from not smoking. It's not bad ignorance like saying the Earth is flat and denying a fact, it's just disinterest in having an experience. Is it really such a wrong thing?
He's so passionate because he's probably high right now lmao

>You're right that it is ignorance, but is it really bad ignorance? He isn't going to gain or lose anything from not smoking. It's not bad ignorance like saying the Earth is flat and denying a fact, it's just disinterest in having an experience. Is it really such a wrong thing?

The point is there is literally no point, why bump a thread you don't see the point in?

I am OP, bud.

I put my thumb in my urethra when I shit, let's make a thread about it. Fuck you

Weed is fucking shit tier.
The only good "drug" is LSD.

>The only good drug is LSD
Why is that?

Mate, not at all.

Have a suicide attempt and tell me a 12 hour trip of screaming into your head

YOU TIRED TO KILL YOURSELF

is a fun time. I mean before that it was great, never had a bad trip. Never touching it again.

>not taking mushrooms at least once per year