Has Korea ever won in international wars?

Has Korea ever won in international wars?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Imjin_River_(1592)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goryeo–Khitan_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_South_Korea
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sui Invasion of Korea

Imjin War

Umm what's the point of this thread, exactly?

>Imjin War

The Battle of Imjin River (Japanese: 臨津江の戦) was a battle during the 1592 Japanese invasion of Korea. It resulted in a Japanese victory.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Imjin_River_(1592)

Retard they won the war

Okay to be fair, Korea would not achieve decisive victory without Ming China, but this guy's comment is retarded.

I heard they ducked the Finns up. Some of Africa too

To be fair, you didn't provide any proof Korea won.
Wikipedia is much more reliable than your fantasy opinion without references.

The Imjin War wasnt a single battle, Idiot.

Yi Sunshin I guess?

>this

How about Goryeo-Khitan War
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goryeo–Khitan_War

What's with Korea resisting chinese and pseudo-chinese invasions relatively often? I'm no expert on chinese history remember at least another dynasty failing to conquer it (maybe Sui?).

And by relatively I mean that compare both nations, even a single time would be astounding. What explains them not being a chinese region?

They weren't that often. Korea was only directly controlled in the Han Dynasty era and even then they didn't control the entire peninsula. There was also less desire for Chinese dynasties to attack Korea because they were supposedly their civilized brothers in contrast to steppe nomads or jungle people.

Also very importantly, from what I know, Korea was the most accepting of Chinese influence and power among all of China's neighbors. When the Ming fell to the Manchus, Joseon even claimed that they were the rightful successors of Ming culture. But they were still subjugated in a way by the Qing, and the Japanese had to fight a war with the Qing just to gain influence over Korea.

I'd recommend reading up the story of Admiral Yi Sun Shin, absolute god-tier military leader during the Imjin War.

he would often ambush Japanese naval groups with less than 20 ships and come out victorious without a single casualty.

>forgetting The Hyper War
What the fuck. Are you guys Finns or some shit?

I believe they repelled an invasion from Japan a time or two.

Yes

I think they raped Japan or something considering how asspained Jap posters get at them.

nice fantasy but not history

>implying there are real japs on Veeky Forums

W E W
E
W

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_South_Korea