Can we have a Central Asia thread? Good Veeky Forums related things you'd recommend? Anyone ever travel there...

Can we have a Central Asia thread? Good Veeky Forums related things you'd recommend? Anyone ever travel there, and how are the people?

Is fried rice really that exotic to Japanese? Is it also really that limited to Central Asia? I always associated it with American Chinese restaurants.

Always been interested in the area since reading about people like Genghis Khan and Tamerlane when I was a kid.

Theres a biography of Genghis Khan by Frank McLynn that I recently read. Gotta say, it was pretty good.

The Horse the Wheel and Language by David W Anthony is a good one too.

Can't say I've ever been. Traveling is fuckin expensive.

These are Turkic people.

These are Turkish roaches.

Know the difference!

Central Asia is comfy as fuck

Are we dumping roach pictures now?

Only if you post Turkic people balance them out.

Anyone here read the unescos central history series? ~7 volumes of central asia history from neolithic period to the near the end of communism.

Gives brief look at stuff that is virtually ignored by western historians.

Buryats are Mongol, not Turkic though.

>all 3 historically significant towns are in Uzbekistan

TFW no REAL ARYAN Pamiri bf to fug your boypucci

Cute little Kyrgyz girl

Aren't tajiks just Persians living outside of Persia?

I don't think so. But there are some Tajiks living in Iran.

What's the difference between a Tajik and a Persian then? Can people tell them apart by looks or accent?

Same as the difference between Germans and Dutch and English

>Same as the difference between Germans and Swamp Germans and Island Germans

So they're basically the same?

You're right. Tajik is just the Tukic word for Persians.

We should get a Central Asian master list going (preferably ones with PDFs available) because its a pain in the arse to find books on central asia.

They look like Native Americans?!