Islam = Hard Mode?

>Muslims pray 5 times a day, every day, including waking up before 4 am
>Each prayer has a specific pattern depending on the time of day, in terms of how many times you bow, what you chant, which way your head faces etc.
>Muslims wash before they pray
>Muslims avoid bacon, alcohol and drugs
>Muslim boys (and girls in many places) are circumcised when they start puberty - i.e. when they're old enough to feel it and remember it
>Muslims follow Islamic protocols in all areas of life: from how to clean your bottom to clothing and inheritence
>Muslims fast for a month each year, to show piety
>Muslims give a percentage of their salary away to charity
>Muslims must make a pilgrimage to their holiest place at least once in their lifetime
>Muslims memorise their holy book, word for word, even if Arabic isn't their native tongue

Is it me, or does Islam make Christianity seem pretty casual?

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/23/babies-pain_n_7117812.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> What if you die in real life?
> Continue the game in heaven!
Religion is an easy setting, user.

Explore some of the mendicant and and monastic groups in christianity which aim to join a lifestyle of self denial along with authentic love. Many Muslims live lives of stilted legalism; no religion which boasts simply of formal rites and ethics can fill man's deepest needs.

>In Christianity, only monks from obscure orders get even close to the level of dedication to faith of your average village muslim
But why?

Muslims have groups like that too: Sufis.

It only seems hard because it's not routine.

I don't get how following endless petty rules made by an Arabian chieftain 1500 years ago would make for a genuinely "hard mode" religion.

Christianity is casual.

Your scale of "dedication" is somewhat perverse. Do you really think that just because someone does more things that are observable they are more dedicated? Have you ever met a hypocrite before?

I have a controversial opinnion: sufis are not authentic muslims. It's like saying Jews and Christians are the same just becausr they have the same holy book.

Although most people would disagree with me because they care less about theology than identity, I have some muslim friends who generally back me up on this.

All i see is spooks here

>follow these rules to be a muslim!

Holy shit. That sounds way easier than poring through the Bible and actually puzzling out what is being a Christian, or even better, how to live it!

It's like being a legalistic hypocrite is actually PROMOTED in Islam! JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE.

Also pic related. Why would you betray a friend.

And? What's your point?

There are people who argue that Islam isn't really its own religion either, since its holy texts were plagiarised from the Christian and Jewish texts (including some passages almost verbatim from the talmud; you can look this up, it's fascinating) and because it accepts the Pentateuch and Gospels as holy writ.

However, just like the hazy definition between a language and a dialect (Speakers of Urdu will claim it is a different "language" to Hindi, yet it is less different than American vs. British English - Freud wrote of the "narcissism of the small difference" and of course "A language is a dialect with an army" is the standard refrain but I digress), all we can do is take their word that they're a distinct faith.

>There are people who argue that Islam isn't really its own religion either, since its holy texts were plagiarised from the Christian and Jewish texts

All the Abrahamic faiths are just Jews and quasi-Jews anyway.

And Jews are really just quasi-Zoroastrians

>circumcised when they start puberty - i.e. when they're old enough to feel it and remember it
this would be a good thing if it were true. Most boys are cut up long before puberty

smae goes for all the other stuff. Most muslims do not follow the strict rules

>That sounds way easier than poring through the Bible and actually puzzling out what is being a Christian, or even better, how to live it!
So you have to puzzle about how to follow your own religion?

>Also pic related. Why would you betray a friend.
"Humans were raping 5000 years ago. And they are still raping now. Rape is humanity's friend.

Ahmadi>Sufi>Ibadi>Shia>Sunni>Wahabi>Salafi

>(including some passages almost verbatim from the talmud; you can look this up
>almost verbatim....you can look this up
I didn't and found nothing "plagerized' to that degree. As for the simialrities, I don't see why anyone is surprised. Religiously, Islam see's itself as the same line of the other two, and secularly, it is considered a religion founded in the tradition of the other two, themselves from polytheisic religions.

>(Speakers of Urdu will claim it is a different "language" to Hindi, yet it is less different than American vs. British English -
Urdu and Hindi are the same language, but to say it is less different is wrong. For example, in technical terminalogy (a big field), Urdu heavily uses Arabic/Persian words while Hindi uses Sanskrit.

I don't get this claim. What is the claimed Zoroastrian influence on Judaism in secular theology?

Judaism gets pretty much its entire good-evil dichotomy from Zoroastrianism

What is the evidence for Zoroastrian influence rather than self-development?

Jews lived under Persian rule for 2 centuries, during which some of their most important books were written. This most likely influenced their views on angels, the division between good and evil, the end times and the resurrection of the body after the final judgement

>implying all muslims follow all the rules

>Muslims don't do most of these, but then call hell out of non Muslims
>The Quran states that hypocrite Muslims are worse than Non believers
Source: Ex Muslim
lelelelelele kekekekek

>since its holy texts were plagiarised from the Christian and Jewish texts (including some passages almost verbatim from the talmud; you can look this up, it's fascinating)
No, not even slightly. It has many of the same stories but its clearly completely rewritten from the ground up.

I'm pretty sure most follow those rules at the very least (the self-described practicing ones anyways)

OP simply is ignorant about Christianity. Fasting, prayer rituals, saintly traditons. It all exists in Christianity but people have forgotten it.
Thanks protestants.

This kek

>"Humans were raping 5000 years ago. And they are still raping now. Rape is humanity's friend.

Sure is to muslims.

>that washing ritual
Was it autism?

This. I know a lot of muslims and none do at least 1/4 of this.

>Muslims avoid alcohol and drugs
>Muslims must make a pilgrimage to their holiest place at least once in their lifetime
>Muslims memorise their holy book, word for word, even if Arabic isn't their native tongue

99% of Muslims in Turkey don't do these.

what no wtf kek lad

>when they're old enough to feel it

You still feel it even if you're a baby

huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/23/babies-pain_n_7117812.html

Islam is the Dark Souls of religion.

I don't know about ME shitholes but where I live most muslims are secular and only do this stuff on holy days.

The only thing that they do by the book is that they avoid pork, and they're incredibly paranoid about this, even refusing to eat meat in case it was tainted with pork

Man what's with these crazy rituals.

Is Islam a way for the simple minded middle easterners to attain salvation

A way where they follow a law or code of living rather than through faith or Jesus

islam is a cancerous religion that makes everyone lives miserable, no wonder they all seek death in various wars an suicide bombing

I think a lot of it is basic sanitation/health and mental discipline and obedience training.

>The only thing that they do by the book is that they avoid pork, and they're incredibly paranoid about this, even refusing to eat meat in case it was tainted with pork

While it obviously has an origin on the religion, it became a cultural thing. They don't eat pork like we don't eat rats.

It's similar to the distinction between Christians and Christian Mystics isn't it? Many Christians would get butthurt if you lumped them in with Mystics. At the same time, to an outsider, if the Mystics share beliefs with Christians and call themselves Christian then why not call them that too?

>So you have to puzzle about your own religion?
Someone hasn't taken the leap of faith. Are you even a knight of infinite resignation yet user?