The School of Life

Veeky Forums's favorite philosophy YT-channel did it again.

Is Veeky Forums sapiosexual? Do you masturbate to the sweet calming voice of de Botton?
How long until TSOL is a full-fledged cult?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4RaS46syJYs
youtube.com/channel/UCv_vLHiWVBh_FR9vbeuiY-A/videos
youtu.be/C1QSmIHowis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Link youtube.com/watch?v=4RaS46syJYs

>tfw instead of leading a normal life you can't help yourself but stay at home and masturbate to TED-talks

how do i come out to my mum

>Sapiosexuals
>real
>not just on the spectrum

People need to stop adding -sexual behind every other word.

Is this the ultimate youtube channel for pseuds or what

Yes. Pseudos and sheep.

>Not staying home and masturbating to TedTalks

Oh, the woes of being an intellectual patrician.

>Head in the stars feet on the ground.
I fucking hate these phrases

These look nice actually. I'd wear them, if they were a third of the price.

>School of Life

God you're all plebs

Only Veeky Forums approved channel

youtube.com/channel/UCv_vLHiWVBh_FR9vbeuiY-A/videos

This isn't Professor Gregory B. Sadler.

we will the history autists leave

>tfw can't find anyone intelligent, nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor to shit on my chest
why even live

The guy's videos are easily digestible and actually not boring though

>Gregory B. Sadler

that dude is great

What do you guys think of DrDavidNeimen
youtu.be/C1QSmIHowis
He's dead now but I think his daughter runs the channel and still uploads sometimes
Yes he's a Jew but he seems cool

>Philosophy
>School of Life
>[Something]sexuality
>Merchandise
>All this to show everyone how much of a pretentious, delusional elitist and attention-greedy individual you are

It's like they're asking for wedgies in adulthood as well.

How else will you show your surroundings that you're an intellectual?

I picked up smoking and staring out of windows but noone seemed to notice

Oh but they do notice that.

They noticed how much you like to show off like a hooker during worktime so they didn't want to waste your time while you were waiting for customers.

Just don't listen to me, okay? I just despise seeing all these people trying to tell the world how smart or funny or """cool""" they are. This should tell you how much of a sociable person I am with 90% of the people I have to deal with.

Protip: avoid looking like a Jersey Shore reject and you'll look pretty intellectual, that's the only thing I can tell you out of my head at the moment.

>Over a Franklin for a frumpy goodwill jumper

The traditional tactic is reading in public, making sure to have the cover of the book visible.
Maybe muttering to yourself from time to time, don't overdo it.

Ask on Veeky Forums, I am sure there are more advanced strategies.

topkek

Great tips, user. Do you have further tips on what I can mutter?

I want to seem mysterious and intellectual. Bonus if it makes the ladies wet.

did you think he was being serious?

Hey, /mlp/ exists, furries exist, tumblr exists. I'm willing to take a bait only because I don't expect them to be joking anymore. I just don't expect normality even from normal people at this point. Sorry.

it was clearly sarcasm though lad
think you might genuinely have autism

To be fair, Veeky Forums does pick up smoking in order to be cool and fashionable.

I thought all of those poofs were being ironic

Perhaps I'm autistic, or perhaps I'm just tired of trying to make out one's elaborate ruse or another's genuine shit personality. Probably both, but what can I do about it?

It's been a tough day, bear with my stupidity.

Not to mention teens and young adults outside Veeky Forums. Many of them pick up smoking to look cool, interesting, misterious or "wise" (I don't know either, don't ask).

Nah man, Lucky Strike or Camel for the right look.

To be fair even more though, most people seem to have some way to show of what stereotype they'd prefer to be labeled into. If there'd be a Veeky Forums meetup I bet at least half the crowd would turn up in t-shirts with some ufunny science joke printed on it, which they bought single-handedly to show their surroundings they're oh so intelligent.
/g/eeks buy ThinkPad laptops and put on bunch of freeware stickers so they can show the other autists how superor they are.
/mu/tants tattoo the Unknown Pleasure album cover
Veeky Forums people read purposely in public, drop obscure references and make sure to post their bookshelves online
etc etc etc

I'm not even sure it's just teens/young adults. White middle-aged men show of with their Google Glasses. Soccer moms show of with their DIY pinterest projects on FB.
This is what capitalism has led us to

>I'm not even sure it's just teens/young adults. White middle-aged men show of with their Google Glasses. Soccer moms show of with their DIY pinterest projects on FB.
This is what capitalism has led us to

This sadly. Half of my family has become social network trash and they always need to take a photo of them at certain places (at the beach, at the restaurant, out for a walk at the docks) and post them on FB or Instagram to feel validated or to tell/show everyone that they're doing...something? Unsurprisingly, it's my mom and sis who do that, but while my mom has no friends and uses FB (and skype too) to keep in contact with our kins abroad, I hoped my sis wouldn't get into that cancer (yet she even bought one of those ugly emoji plushies that make noises when you squeeze them). At this point I'm not sure whether I despise everything that has to do with social networks and anything related to mainstream media because I'm antisocial or because I'm an elitist aspie myself.

Still, I'd rather endure the cancers brought by capitalism than say goodbye to its gifts, even though I was born a patience-lacking faggot for some things. I reckon communist Albania was awful as fuck, even though it had its few upsides, so I try to focus on the brighter side of the situation.

/blog (sorry)

>How long until TSOL is a full-fledged cult?
>How long

>my mom has no friends
Be nice to your mum. Go hug her.

Did just that, thank you for reminding me. I already hug her and give her kisses on her cheeks so that for a moment she can pretend I'm still her kid. And of course I wouldn't go full sperg on her about using Facebook, I keep these things for myself.

You're a good son. That's valuable in this world, user.

I wait until I see someone reading something about philosophy, then I approach them and accuse the philosopher of sophistry while I assert another, preferably more opposite, as true.