Why didn't India abandoned its polytheism ways...

Why didn't India abandoned its polytheism ways? Everyone else choose less retarded religious way centered about one being, be it Buddhism, Jewish Monotheism, Islamism or Jesusism.

Flood killed Jews competitors and they became the dominant in the area.

The muslims could have gotten away with eradicating Hindus had it not been for the Marathas.

Australia needs to be range banned

They kinda did, some sects anyway. Since as I recall standard belief is that they're all aspects of one god.

What I want to know is why that's considered polytheistic but the trinity isn't.

>Hinduism doesn't believe in an Ultimate Reality

dumbass

But in non-western meme buddhism, polytheism is common

mainly because christians would freak out at being called polytheists

As I recall from Veeky Forums threads, these divine entities aren't considered something to be worshipped; they too are trapped in samsara.

You guys have it wrong, there are many schools of Hinduism that have different beliefs. Similar to oriental Christianity or Buddhism. Most schools of Hinduism believe in one ultimate God, and many lesser Gods. Many even reject the concept of polytheism.

Truth is that there were too many Hindus and it was easier to subjugate them. There aren't any Hindus in Afghanistan because the Muslims killed/ enslaved/ converted them all. Muslims couldn't kill them, Hindu Kings and the Brahmin class kept polytheism alive.

Buddhism was big, but died out due to unpopularity. India had a few Jews until they all went to Israel. Plenty of Christians and Muslims there.

Hinduism is alive because of the cultural aspects. It is an integral part of Subcontinent culture, and won't die out for at least 2000 years.

they are worshiped by the common people

>less retarded religious way centered about one being

if you can believe in one magical all knowing being, why is believing in a bunch of them any more ridiculous?

shut up Poojeet and go back to fucking your cow, you dirty shitskinned turdlet

Oh, I didn't know that. Hence why I said as I recall from Veeky Forums threads.

Though doesn't buddhism vary considerably based on what local faiths it's syncretized with?

it allows them to justify castes

Not that guy, but your argument leaves much to be desired

I SAID

shut the FUCK up you FUCKING SHITSKIN

...I'm sure you already heard this IRL before but dude, you're not funny

Just stop

>Monotheism
>Less retarded

Poojeet mad?

Dude, I'm cringing

Hinduism has a lot of ways of expressing that polytheism. One is that all the Deities are "aspects" of one supreme godhead.

Some are atheist even. Hindu Dogma is pretty loose.

Thread/

Devas are not worshiped, idiot. You're just an assblasted Christcuck, I bet.

Disregard what the retard told you: the common people don't 'worship' any of those common deities, since they are considered to be completely powerless in the human world; the term deities is one of convenience.

Instead of bashing the religion through false pretenses, why don't you actually study it?
Because it's evident from your question that you don't know anything about it or any of the religions that you holding up as a standard.

thats buddhism

>Though doesn't buddhism vary considerably based on what local faiths it's syncretized with?

in some ways yes, in more important ways, not really

they are in fact worshipped.

pretty much this

if you say it's three people, they'll say it's one person

if you say it's one person, they'll say it's three people

that's Christians for ya

Retarded memespouter.

They are worshipped.
Thw dhalai Lama even had to declare one religious branch who took it too far as a heresy because they concenteated too much on the polytheistic aspect.