What are the best books about the Romanovs?

What are the best books about the Romanovs?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/0307266524/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>nog top right
My sides.

the communist manifesto tells you everything you need to know about them (the ruling class)

Such as?

Implying she's not the best Romanov.

They suck.

But does it focus on the Romanov's in particular?

the romanovs weren't much different from other members of the ruling class, unless you're interested in superficial differences

this isn't /pol/

And?

Their own words:

Tatiana Romanov, Daughter of the Last Tsar: Diaries and Letters, 1913–1918
The Diary of Olga Romanov: Royal Witness to the Russian Revolution (wartime diaries, 1914-1917)
Complete Annotated 1913 Diary of Olga, Eldest Daughter of the Last Tsar
Maria and Anastasia: Letters, Diaries, Postcards by Helen Azar (2 Volumes)
The Last Diary of Tsaritsa Alexandra
A Lifelong Passion: The Letters of Nicholas & Alexandra by Sergei Mironenko

Other contemporary recollections

Thirteen Years at the Russian Court by Pierre Gilliard
Six Years at the Russian Court by Margaret Eager
Memories of the Russian Court by Anna Viroubova
25 Chapters of My Life: Memoirs of Grand Duchess Olga Alexandranova

Biographies and Studies

Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert K. Massie
The Romanovs: The Final Chapter by Robert K. Massie
The Last Tsar: The Life and Death of Nicholas II by Edvard Radvinsky
The Romanov Sisters: The Lost Lives of the Daughters of Nicholas and Alexandra by Helen Rappaport

Aftermath

The Many Deaths of Tsar Nicholas II: Replics, Remains and the Romanovs by Wendy Slater
The Resurrection of the Romanovs: Anastasia, Anna Anderson, and the World's Greatest Royal Mystery
The False Anastasia: The Story of an imposter of the Grand Duchess of Russia by Pierre Gilliard

Misc

Tsar: The Lost World of Nicholas and Alexandra by Peter Kurth
The camera and the Tsars: A Romanov Family Album
Rasputin: The Untold Story by Josteph T. Fuhrmann

Haha wow

We know but still. Lol they cast a black chick as one of the Grand Duchesses

And? Theater uses colorblind casting all the time.

Although I will say I don't like Helen Rappaport very much. There is misinformation in her books (she perpetuates the theories that the grand duchesses were raped--which is entirely possible, but you can't just say it "probably happened" without evidence--and that Maria was fucking a guard) and is overall an uppity bitch who has harassed people for posting pictures of the Romanovs on websites because she doesn't believe in public domain for the little people.

Also some more books about the last court of Russia and imperial/aristocrats during the revolution:

The Court of the Last Tsar: Pomp, Power, and Pageantry in the Reign of Nicholas II by Greg King
A Countess in Limbo: Diaries in War & Revolution (Russia 1914-1920; France 1939-1947) by olga Hendrikoff
Former People: The Final Days of the Russian Aristocracy by Douglas Smith
From Splendor to Revolution: The Romanov Women, 1847-1928 by Julia P. Gelardi
Once a Grand Duchess: Xenia, Sister if Nicholas II by John Van Der Kiste
The Last Tsar: Emperor Micheal II by Donald crawford

Not really. They would never ever cast the Dowager Empress Cixinas a white woman, for example.

Anyway I don't see it as that big of a deal but it is a bit funny

Cixi*

Ugh you autist. Not every mention of skin color is made by pol. Historical inaccuracies, such as having a black woman as one of the Romanovs, are funny/interesting on a history board.

>implying using the word 'nog' is just talking about skin color

Speaking of autism.

WE WUZ ROMANOVS

ROMANO?

nigger

amazon.com/gp/product/0307266524/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

The Last Empress: The Life and Times of Alexandra Feodorovna, Tsarina of Russia by Greg King is a good one too, if you're really into Alexandra.

>that black chick
I'd still hit.

>Le I don't understand the basis for your objection maymay

What a world

The romanovs were actually all germans by blood they just changed their surnames

Nicholas II was Russian.

>romanovs were actually all germans by blood

No, they were royals. Royals are their own ethnicity: an inbred, pan-European extended family without genetic affinity to any particular people. That's what comes from 1500 years of political marriages

IIRC Olga's diaries have the great line "Austria declared war on us. Bastards."

Yep, that's from one of Olga's

>What are the best books about the Romanovs?
The ones that came after they died.

This, tbqh

Every now and then you get a handful of new blood, but it's probably still a distant cousin.

The fascination with the Romanovs is annoying, it was a lousy dynasty. Everything good happened under the Rurikids.