Tell me about this country, Veeky Forums

Tell me about this country, Veeky Forums
It seems like the only place left where communism hasn't either collapsed/been overthrown or reformed into oligarchic capitalism.
What the fuck has been going on here the last 20 years? What will the next 20 look like?

Born and raised in Miami. I'm from slightly different stock than the average South Floridian (usually, my peers will have at least one Cuban parent, especially if they're white or mixed native), but my dad thought it would be neato to vacation a week in Cuba during the 80's so I've got a unique perspective on it, even if it's somewhat skewed. I've also talked to a lot of native Cubans who are practically fresh off the boat. The times haven't changed that much, from what I've heard.

THE PEOPLE:
>Usually white or black, rarely stereotypically Hispanic looking
>Speak the fastest, ugliest Spanish
>All of them hate their life in Cuba if they came over
>Most of them have left wives and children behind if they came over, one trying hard to bring them over

DAILY LIFE:
>Diet is boiled white rice, beef or pork, kidney beans, coffee and small cigars
>Food is extremely cheap for a middle class American budget
>Most of the housing is in shambles, buildings haven't been renovated since the revolution
>Most learn English from pirated DVD movies and TV shows
>Most people are poor, as expected. From my dad's account, they also have a large homeless problem

ARCHITECTURE:
>All cars are beaters from the 50's
>buildings are old and dirty, but look straight out of the 1800's
>most of the cities are kind of dirty
>most of the cities are kind of empty

Pic related. This was taken within the last five years.

Most of this is the Cuba everyone already knows though, the shitty communist turtle state 90 miles from Florida.

But the Cold War's been over for 25 years. That image of Cuba now seems like an anachronism. What's Cuba doing today?

Sweet cars though.

Different South Floridian here with a Cuban ma and a buuncha Cuban cousins and family still in Cuba.

The same shit, but once in a while a guy has a concert in lil Havana and kids get piercings and shit now. But they're still wiping their ass with news paper in the country side and you can buy a woman for a day for like $5 us dollars. But the people are okay. Doesn't have the highest off crime rates compared to other Latino American countries. Also we speak the best Spanish meng.

But people are still leaving because because it still sucks.

ITT learning about Cuba from gusanos in miami.

Meant to say La Havana not lil Havana.

Also, to add to this, most of my famiily from Cuba is black like midnight or Chinese looking like a railroad worker in the old days. Or a mixture of the two. I have family that speaks Chinese

Not Chinese, Cantonese, nigga I gotta stop posting high.

Also they have the best amateur boxers on earth. Shame most of them can't come to the states to fight..

>soviets
>communists

Back to >>>/leftypol.reddit/

>eso sentimiento cuando una mujer de una militia cubana nunca presentara eso culo a ti :(

ayy chulita

>not believing cold war propaganda means i'm from leddit

>wanting one of those salty doorsailors to spread their unshaved crust-caked starfish to you
nasty fuck

Kek

Muricans weren't complaining pre revoluiton

Son of a Cuban immigrant here living in Miami, different from . I can confirm most of this. I haven't been to Cuba myself, but my dad came over in 1965, so he himself is pretty detached culturally than most. Hasn't been back in those fifty years.

Cubans are still mostly poor. With the thawing of relations, Cuban immigration to Florida has skyrocketed since 2015. They're afraid of Wet Foot Dry Foot ending, and rightfully so. It should've ended 20 years ago.

If you were expecting actual Cubans on the island with either working internet or knowledge of Veeky Forums, you're mistaken.

There's a story in my family passed down about my great-grandfather who was caught by one of his sons fucking the local Chinese shopkeeper's wife. He went to fetch spices or something for dinner, and noticed the front door was closed, so he went around and saw his dad through the window plowing away. I know there were illegitimate children out of that pairing. I've heard I have Cuban-Chinese cousins somewhere in NYC.

Cubans and Latinos in general aren't racist with the pussy/cock. They'll literally fuck anything. I have straight Chinese cousins in Lawrence Massachusetts that'll hit you with the Oyemeng!

Not racist when it comes to their dicks, but Cubans are far more open about general racism than most, even in the US. My grandma is always telling me about los negros.

Been there 5 years ago
>Very safe
I think it has to do with government who would literally torture the criminal + his entire family if cuba got a bad rep about tourism
>Nice beaches
Touristic resorts also don't cut costs, no %1 vodka to %99 shitt orange juice here, The first time I was drunk drinking hotel alcohol was in Cuba. They don't give a shit how much vodka the hotel loses.
>Increased liberalization
government encourages small entrepreneurship and looks away when minor illegal cigar dealings etc occur
>Begging "plz save me from cuba"

I have a nice memory about this, I asked this to a cuban official who was a staunch communist, and he just brushed it away
"Look user, they have food,housing,safety,security,job here" They don't beg because they are starving, they don't beg because they need some essential. They want to get out to have trivial shit, they wan't iphones and jeans!

And I told to him that, isn't this proves your system doesn't work? That even if they have every essential need, they still want to have an iphones and jeans? Begging for food is one thing, but begging for jeans proves that people are not happy in this system.

He didn't had anything to say, I think he admitted it.

Although it is still my favorite vacation spot, an excellent place to visit if not to live in.

Racism in humans in general is far more the norm than the deviation. It's evolutionarily advantageous to notice patterns and trends and make decisions based upon them.

>we speak the best spanish mang
claro cabaielo, cosa mah grande
>caribbean subhumans
>missing the "s"

Cubans are racist as fuck. I have black Cuban family that would disown their daughter if they were dating a black guy from Jamaica with a good job and no kids..

gusanos are not cuban.

Shut up faggot. Go to fucking Cuba if you want to talk to Cubans. Every Cuban wishes they were a gusano and away from the beautiful yet miserable island. Fuck off.

If those cars are beaters, whats a good car look like to you?

kek gusanos are so easy to piss off.

calm down scarface.

Legit cubans are chill top tier music and cigars.

And then they get the fuck out of Cuba first chance they get stupid.