People's Republic of China

Is it fascist?

Define "fascist". Hardmode: use the term of consensus in academia, not the mystic reactionary catch-all for everything you don't like.

>Hardmode
You're asking too much, friendo

Well then, the answer is "no". Fascism is a fly-by-night, glorious national revival ideology, and to all observers China has been been in a cycle of killing and regenerating itself for 2000 years. Authoritarian oligarchy is just what they do, like despotism in Russia.

> Fascism is a fly-by-night, glorious national revival ideology
>China has been been in a cycle of killing and regenerating itself for 2000 years
>regenerating itself for 2000 years
>reviving itself

Rly makes u think

>people
>republic
>china

Nah. Weird blend of communism and capitalism, some freedoms allowed. Needs more welfare desu.

yes.

Eh. I as a fascist supporter would say that the PRC does have certain fascist qualities but in general China is a mixed bag.

In that it doesn't put up with anything that demotes the state, and requires all economic activity promote the state. It promotes radical nationalism among the general populous, and all individual rights are subservient to the state, ruled by a totalitarian one-party system... So yes, it as about Fascist as it gets. The USSR meets these same requirements, but modern China even more so, as it better exemplifies the mixed economy associated with previous fascist movements.

The only front where it fails in the various definitions (and there are many) is that it is no longer a populus movement raging against decadence - but only because it's simply been going on for so long that it is now the national norm. It, nonetheless, continues to rail against the "barbaric" outside world in this fashion, so the only place where it fails at all is on a technicality.

China is, for all intents and purposes, as close as one can find to fascism personified in the modern world... For now.

>even bothering with academia
Can we just admin fascism is a fucking buzzword and not a real type of government

it was never clearly defined.

Mussolini, Hitler, Stalin, Franco, Ba'ath-ism, Qaddafi, Pinochet, etc. All these autocratic dictatorships with a mixed bag of ideologies.

There's so much debate around the subject, it doesn't really describe a type of government, so much as an aspect of government. Any authoritarian government, using any economic model, and nearly any structure, can potentially be described as fascist.

The only common requirement seems to be enforced nationalism. China, however, has that in spades.

> use the term of consensus in academia
Which one? The one Western elites are comfortable with?

Because fascism wasn't fashionable post-WWII and everyone needed a sufficiently narrow definition to be able to say "nu-huh, that's not fascism; I don't see Mussolini".

Practical (Marxist) approach could be boiled down to "fascism is hardmode liberalism". I.e. when situation goes south in a capitalist state and government clamps down on "muh freedumbs" (yours) in the name of "muh freedumbs" (theirs), you get fascism.

>not the mystic reactionary catch-all for everything you don't like.
even Robert Paxton had to admit that's what fascism basically is
Early fascism is weird ass-shit attached to all different kinds of catch-all reactionaryisms, those weird pre-war jewish secular zionist fascists come to mind, with the later ones being totally down the idea of catch all reactionaryism.

Usually fascist just means anti-communist so no.

Here in France, if you don't like blacks, you're a fascist, if you don't like arabs, you're a fascist, if you don't lile homos, you're a fascist, if you don't like the left, you're a fascist...

(Hating white people, France and Western World is acceptable, tho, we're all evil racist CIS pig males after all)

>France
>white

LEL

Government is inherently fascist.

>Define "fascist
The marriage between corporation and state.

>Government is inherently fascist
How?

>Government is inherently fascist.

Government in inherently the ally/catspaw of the upper class.

Fascism is one way they sell this to the middle class.

The only grounded, definitive and textbook-affirmed trait of Fascism is government and state resources based on mass mobilisation. In that regard, funnily enough, the US is more fascist than China. Lets now examine typical characteristics. Fascist societies usually have oratorical, figurehead leaders. Xi is not nearly as oratorical as Obama. Fascist societies have their administrative class stand unopposed in legislature; although both countries have multiple political parties, the U.S has the polarity of democrat and republican, while Chinese parties are largely irrelevant; and political factions with strong traction that aren't parties are brutally oppressed; see Falun Gong. Fascist societies are ethnocentric. The U.S is obviously not, and China has inane affirmative action programs, greater welfare distribution to minorities as well as exemption from the two child policy for them (also, contrary to popular opinion, minorities in Xinjiang and Tibet are largely apathetic or supportive of the CCP; look at the rites of pre-CCP Tibet and you'll understand, I live in Hong Kong and the pseudo occupy central movement died because the large majority of the population was fed up with them including me because I had to take fucking 1 hour detours for an otherwise straightforward commute to my college); neither country is fascist in that regard. The US also has more flags pre square kilometre than China by a long shot

No, it's more similar to the political views of Strasserism + Leninism.

> look at the rites of pre-CCP Tibet and you'll understand

I would like to know more, where should I start ?

it's state capitalism, real fascism has never been tried