Why did Christianity in general develop such a hatred of homosexuality?

Why did Christianity in general develop such a hatred of homosexuality?

It's not as though we did anything wrong to them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gq_gzOOcAo8
youtube.com/watch?v=jjPQ_jVlEnQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_the_militaries_of_ancient_Greece
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_and_Roman_Catholicism#cite_note-107
sfgate.com/lgbt/article/Many-gay-couples-negotiate-open-relationships-3241624.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because Christianity is a form of Judaism.

Because Paul.

>we

But what exactly was Paul?

We know he was an usurper, bu t why was he so self-hating? WHY did he usurp and hijack the movement?

>we

Christianity didn't "develop" anti-homosexuality. It derived it from Judaism, which in turn derived it from pre-Judaic religions.

Actually, I'd argue it did. While Judaism did decry homosexual behaviour in its scripture, it never turned into a sentiment as it did in Christianity.

Homosexuality was hated for its association with Greco-Roman paganism; further on, in the 13th century, it became considered the most "heinous of sins", with the Dominicans (administrators of the Inquisition) encouraging the pious to hunt out suspected homosexuals, since they were legitimately seen as demon-possessed.

Unfortunately, these attitudes were inherited by Protestants to varying levels, with homosexuality being tied to demonic possession or male engagement in witchcraft.

The body is the temple of God and homosexual practices profane it.

All you're doing is using what amounts to being a buzzword.

Why and how exactly does homosexual practice "profane" God's temple?

It is sterile and mistakes an exit for an entrance.

Kill yourself bugchasing scum

>It is sterile

So are a number of heterosexual practices such as oral sex, none of which the Church has particularly put any effort into demonizing as it did homosexuality. Nor has the Church ever decried marriage between couples who are infertile.

The West in general hated any homosexuality that wasn't pederasty until the modern age. Christianity did make pederasty unacceptable though.

Because sex just for fun is sinful
hetero sex can always be excused by the need to reproduce while homo sex is for lust and nothing more

imagine a beautiful sopping wet slip-n'-slide and then imagine a sewage facility. now ask yourself: which would you rather play in?

if you chose the sewer, something is wrong.

So sex is about breeding that's its primary reason.

You have Greco-Roman culture that was pretty loose with its sexual politics and celebrated sex for mostly pleasure sake and naturally early Christians weren't all that fond of such hedonism among other things. Things like love and romance that we take for granted as a end all necessity in our modern times wasn't really the case back in medieval times. Back then "courtly love" was something that people had interest in but wasn't really encouraged. In a highly Christian world sex was something purely for reproduction purpose whereas they attacked homosexuals but also people that fucked outside marriage, people who eloped, people who went to prostitutes, and anything that used sex outside of purely reproduction purposes between a man and wife. In that context homosexuality just seems hedonistic and wasteful it doesn't give you children, it doesn't expand your family/population it's just there because it feels good.

Nowadays "consensual love" is more than enough justification for sexual activity so thus homosexuality is becoming more accepted.

I think the most interesting facet of the old testament's explicit ban on homosexuality in multiple places is that it shows that even in an age where you would be killed for being gay there were still a significant number of people willing to do it. Really adds a lot of weight to the nature vs nurture argument on the side of nature I think.

vaginas are many things, but pretty they ain't
they're prettier than assholes, but only marginally

Indeed, we are all born with a sinful nature.

>implying anal sex equals homosexuality

Not all homosexuals - even those in relationships - practice anal intercourse.

thanks a lot Eve

God is an artist user.

This Faggot. Let's picket his grave.

You are a fucking liar if you think the Catholic church didn't demonize oral sex. Sodomy between men and women has always been demonized

It is nothing more than gluttonous stimulation of the flesh regardless of how they do it.

hate to break it to you user, but that aint no vag, they look like some sorta fucked up crotch ham sandwich

It's a biological dead end and exists only for pleasure

You aren't. You're just doing wrong to yourselves.

It's chill if you want to carry on with that, but still.

>Christianity did make pederasty unacceptable though.

Hm? How?

I clearly said the Church opposed anything that wasn't benis in bagina sex, but my point was that you don't see the Church being up in arms about this as much as it is with the issue of homosexuality. Not to mention Protestants and the Orthodox, who don't particularly consider heterosexual oral sex to be sinful.

>"homosexuality is bad, that's why instead, you should live your life hating yourself and getting married to a person to whom you are not even remotely attracted to just to please the fictional celestial dictator from my fairy tales."

You see what you want to see I guess.

On a societal level he means, obviously there have always been perverts.

kek sure thing boss, flowers are much prettier than vaginas.

Depends on the specifics honestly.

Nice bait

Technically all flowers are vaginas.

>Orthodox don't consider oral a sin
>Bullshit homosex is the only condemened ;_; maymay
>that pic
End yourself YEC tier fool

Because the Romans were gay for fun and Christians saw this as hedoistic.

Incorrect, staminates are flowers with only male reproductive parts

Well color me uniformed. Is it possible to get a bouquet entirely of male-only flowers? Are there perceivable differences between the two flower 'sexes', as far as the layman is concerned?

depends on species
most flowers have both male and female parts

It didn't.

The cultures that assimilated christianity as religion already had a disdain towards sodomy and faggotry in general.

Jews hated the sexual mores of noble races (Greeks, Persians, Romans); they were also a hideous race of inbred dwarfs, and their males never possessed a shred of physical beauty. So of course they came to revile homosexuality.

Objectively wrong.

This.

And why is lustful pleasure wrong?

What good does homosexuality do?

Welcome to Veeky Forums, newfriend!

> Christianity
It's called Roman Church.

Because God commanded us to procreate and reproduce, and any act that does not respect the semen such as the sin of Onanisim or laying with man in the same fashion he lays with woman is sin.

One also must point out that Christian condemns corruption (believing something is okay when its not), while with sin it encourages confession.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gq_gzOOcAo8

Jesus got prison raped while in Pilate's dungeon. Of course they hate faggots like you.

I know you're 12 and haven't seen any pussies in real life so far, but they're not all pretty. Regardless, it's a personal preference; is God really so petty that his reason for making homosexual intercourse a sin is that "ew that's gross xD". Surely there's something more deep to it than that?

I find feet in sex rather repulsive but that's just me and since I am not a judgemental wank stain I'm not going to regard people with a foot fetish as the scum of the Earth.

Literally the other way around.

Homosexuals hate God, hate Christians, and flaunt their deviant behavior in our faces.

While we try to teach you the errors of your ways, you castigate us for not celebrating your "lifestyle choice".

Holy shit you can speak to God? You can hear him? Holy fuck! This the greatest discovery in human history, user knows that there is a God and he speaks to him personally!!!

You basing your morals on ancient Hebrew traditions that stemmed from traditions that most likely predate predate even the Hebrew culture.

"go forth and multiply" does not say mean "semen is sacred". That ascertion is literally a retarded as thinking that just because an advert says "buy in stores now" means that you can't buy it online or second hand.

Anyway, I find it incredibly hypocritical that a Catholic would lecture people on corruption, since Jesus condemned the rich and the greedy, effectively condemning the entire business that is your church.

This

i've never heard a faggot say what faggotry is a lifestyle choice.

I've never heard a faggot say they hate all Christians.

I have however heard them say they hate Christianity, but the only faggots that say that are the ones who were bullied by Christians, one of them got put in to hospital after he got beaten up and thrown down the stairs only to be beaten up some more.

>in b4 gud he deserved it xD
>"Those who live by the sword die by the sword"
>Violence and wrath are deadly sins
>"ye who hath never sinned may cast the first stone" or something along the lines of that

If homosexuality is causing no harm to anybody except themselves if they are stupid and do risky sex, then why h8? If you find it repulsive then so what? I find a lot of fetishes rupulsive but pic related

you are dead-ends and return nothing to the church, you do not fulfill the requisite unless you keep closeted and quarantined considering the disease vector it is. Also it clearly is a mental illness of impulse control.

It's really not that uncommon.

Probably to avoid problems such as in the past with the ancient Greeks which sufferd a huge population crisis. So essentially to avoid population decreases

Gay """""""culture"""""""""

1. Encourages promiscuity (thereby increasing the likelihood of STD transmission)
2. Celebrates hedonism
3. Condones sociopathic behavior (i.e "bug chasing" etc...)

For these reasons and others, homosexuality ought to be treated like an illness.

youtube.com/watch?v=jjPQ_jVlEnQ

Literally today on Drudge a gay man was busted for beating himself up and blaming it on gay bashing.

Literally today.

It never happens?

Wow, you didn't know God could communicate to people?

Have you been living under a rock? A rock located in an alternate universe?

It's a sin which is why the church condemns it.

>he thinks homosexuality between two grown males was tolerated in Ancient Greece

Rubbing your beard up a man's hairy asshole is fucking disgusting and every sane person in History ageed with this simple claim. There's a difference between two hairy men fucking each other in the ass and the erotic relationship between an erastes and an eromenos.

Same reason why 99% of religions condemned homosexuality. It goes against the instinct to preserve humanity.

>Why did Christianity in general develop such a hatred of homosexuality
It didn't though.

Homosexuality has always been condemned by the church (Rm 1:27).

That doesn't equate to hatred

Muslims. Now those guys fucking hate you ass wranglers

Christians hate sin but love sinners.

Because they were smart enough to realize that sex is a powerful bond and should be reserved for a man and his wife in order to produce children, and help maintain familial commitment and stability in the community.

Faggots fucking each other serves no purpose other than for personal pleasure, just like animal fuckers, or pedophiles, and does nothing to reinforce familial bonds within a community. Faggotry is simply an example of sex for the sake of sex, and cheapens the act, and makes it little more than a regular body function, like a burp, or a sneeze.

Examine western society today, where sex has become absolutely meaningless, like faggotry, and you see that the once strong family bonds that tied our communities together have been largely erased, as women are getting pregnant out of wedlock, and millions of children are being "raised" outside the bounds of a normal family. This destruction of the family has lead to an increase in school drop outs, criminal activity, and unwanted pregnancies.

The old school Christians understood the significance of sex, and how it served to reinforce family bonds, and strengthen the community. The acceptance of faggotry, and any other self serving sexual practices, were discriminated against because they didn't want their communities to become like our selfish and self-destructive communities today.

Preach it brother.

>Faggots fucking each other serves no purpose other than for personal pleasure
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_the_militaries_of_ancient_Greece
Dudes fight harder if their lover is fighting along side them.
This might be the reason religion started looking down on homosexuality:
hetero power-couple - comfy
gay power-couple - threat to the state

>that doesn't equate to hatred

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_and_Roman_Catholicism#cite_note-107

>"it [homosexuality] increasingly began to be identified as the most heinous of sins by authorities of the Catholic Church."
>"In Italy, Dominican monks would encourage the pious to "hunt out" sodomites and once done to hand them to the Inquisition to be dealt with accordingly."
>By the early 13th century (time of the Fourth Lateran Council) the Church determined that "By the 13th century, due to the influence of the 4th Lateran Council, secular authorities, as well as clergy, [were of the opinion that they] should be allowed to impose penalties on 'sodomites' for having had sexual relations", and by the end of this period, "Sodomites were now [regarded as] demons as well as sinners."

>muh 1950s America was perfect!

There was high unemployment, extreme poverty in rural areas, and not to mention rampant racism that affected not just negros, but also Irish, Italians, Hispanics, Eastern Euros, etc.

Same could be said of all life.

>24
>repressed fag my whole life
>meet 9/10 qt
>we hit it off
>turns out he has the HIV

i should just an hero

Virtue ethics vs hedonism

If you believe in virtue ethics, you will likely be against sex for the sake of pleasure.

Since you are likely an hedonist...

So there's no middle ground between the two? Sex is either hedonistic pleasure or only done for the sake of procreation?

No, Orthodox Christianity doesn't dogmatically forbid contraception so long as you're married, it doesn't endanger post-conception life, and it's not used to make a marriage childless.

So if they objection to homosexuality is that it doesn't make children, what about those couples who choose to use surrogates to have their own biological children? True, there's the argument that those children would be born out of wedlock (in a way), but they'd still be multiplying.

Most of the times, yes.
Christians also mention an unitive part, but usually people have sex for one of those two reasons (other than prostitutes, that do it for money, of course).

>what about those couples who choose to use surrogates to have their own biological children?
That's haram in Orthodox Christianity

>Dudes fight harder if their lover is fighting along side them.

Really? Have YOU ever fought alongside dudes?

I have, and I think that statement is straight up bullshit, and little more than another example of faggots trying to forward their agendas by talking about shit they don't know about.

Sexual relationships create relationship drama that breaks down unit cohesion. Men fight for each other because we treat each other as brothers, not as a personal fuck toy.

Faggotry in ancient Greece has been misrepresented by homo lobby groups to further their agenda for years. There are examples of ancient Greek warriors mocking other Greeks for being faggots, such as the Spartans mocking the Athenians, and yet these examples are never brought forward because they don't support the gay agenda.

The faggot formation of Greeks could very well have been created as a result of not wanting those faggots fucking up the cohesion in the ranks of the normal men.

being aberrant

>not to mention rampant racism

>white solidarity bad
>non-white solidarity good

This is why I give two shits about "racism".

Could something so intimate not be an expression of love between partners?

What percentage of gays are monogamous?

>it's not love if it's with more than one person!!!111

The same as heterosexuals, it's just the flaming promiscuous ones get more media attention. Every night straight guys go to bars and night clubs to pick up ladies for one night stands, and ladies go to get picked up- but no one assumes that all heteros never want to settle down.

Bullchit
Their lifestyle is as contratian as possible to the default which is why there is feud.

There is no gay culture.

I am gay and my culture is American.

>1. Encourages promiscuity (thereby increasing the likelihood of STD transmission)

Homosexuality does not encourage or necessitate promiscuity.

>2. Celebrates hedonism

Pursuing pleasure does not necessitate placing it above all else. Normal human beings agree to this.

>3. Condones sociopathic behavior (i.e "bug chasing" etc...)

This is blatantly false. It should be quite obvious that almost all homosexuals would rather avoid catching HIV.

I mean what percentage of gays in "relationships" have closed relationships? As opposed to one where they both try to seduce other men? Because I've yet to encounter one gay couple that doesn't do this.

It is not.
It is just hedonism.

>Because not all of them are monogamous, they are all bad!

Try again.

Oh, that I have no clue on. But the pernicious idea of a 'gay culture' most likely has made more gay men give in to the idea of open relationship than there are that are truly into the idea of doing so, because of the long history of gay relationships being entirely centered around illicit sex because there was no way for them to do the kind of chaste activities that make up the rest of a relationship (holding hands walking in public, etc, etc).

most gay men I know are monogamous.

Gays are notoriously not monogamous.

sfgate.com/lgbt/article/Many-gay-couples-negotiate-open-relationships-3241624.php

And Asians are bad drivers; therefore we should no longer give any Asian people drivers licenses, yes?

You repeated the error I was pointing out in your reply to the post where I did so.

Can you not provide an answer to the question?

Supposing only one gay couple ever was monogamous, was it immoral if any sexual conduct between them was an expression of their love and affection for one another?

If you believe in sex for unitive reasons and they did it only for that, it wouldn't.