Thoughts on Nobunaga? was he just an edgy Cao Cao?

thoughts on Nobunaga? was he just an edgy Cao Cao?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dk9MzFD9T-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Id5ZGhvW-sw
jiuyangda.tumblr.com/post/146715073710/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Both Nobunaga and Cao Cao did nothing wrong and were no worse than Tokugawa or Liu Bei, on the contrary, they were better imo.

Are you implying that Cao Cao himself wasn't a maximum edgelord?

youtube.com/watch?v=dk9MzFD9T-Q

ROTK is just Shu propaganda, and it fellates Liu Bei worse than the New Testament fellates Jesus.

Could you recommend some other source where he isn't portrayed as a scheming villain?

There's the anime "Sympathy for Cao Cao" and while i liked it, it fellates Cao Cao just like ROTK fellates Liu Bei. It also doesn't even arrive to the Battle of the Red Cliff, it just cuts abruptly, it's basically more of an origin story. Also,being an anime, historical accuracy isn't really its priority. It has many badass moments and the OP is pretty cool.Here it is: youtube.com/watch?v=Id5ZGhvW-sw

I also know there is a chinese show from 2011 based entirely on Cao Cao, but I never found it.

He was secretely in love with Uesugi Kenshin who was actually a woman in drag

Takeda Shingen got cucked pretty hard by him tho.

>falling for Weifag propaganda
M-muh ambition

Wasn't Shingen dead before Nobunaga becoming relevant to their area?

No, Shingen was killed in battle against Nobunaga. Nobunignog cucked him out of his rivalry with Kenshin.

It's called Three Kingdoms and is on Youtube.

I don't know if Veeky Forums is the place to ask, but this seems like the best thread at least.

I'm looking for entertaining depictions of the sengoku period. You know, something like Three Kingdoms but for sengoku Japan. It doesn't have to be anything THAT melodramatic to be honest - even a completely non-fictional account would be fine by me as long as its written in an entertaining/gripping way that tells a narrative rather than just factually recounting events. Books, TV shows, movies - anything is good. Not so interested in completely over the top stuff like Sengoku Basara. I bit of melodrama is good, but I still want to come out with a general idea of what actually happened.

Extra Credits makes history videos and they did one on the sengoku jidai. Not too detailed, but it's worth watching if you're interested.

Play Sengoku Rance. 100% accurate.

>Extra Credits
>worth watching

But what if I want to become game designer with my fellow le redditors????

I dare say he is cooler than Coco

Cao Cao was right.

Elaborate

The Ambition of Oda Nobuna

Slightly more serious recommendation, Sengoku Teatime: Reaction Faces is definitely worth a watch.

Samurai WITH GUNS

Japanese Renè Guenon?

Have you watched any of Akira Kurosawa's films? A few of them take place during the Sengoku Jidai or roughly around the time period, and they're all amazing films. Ran, in particular, comes to mind.

Akira?
Isn't that futuristic anime?

There is an anime called Akira if I recall correctly, but Akira Kurosawa is a director and writer who made films from roughly the 40's to the 80's in Japan, most of which focused on Feudal Japan and Sengoku Jidai time periods.

Also Kagemusha if you want something about Takeda Shingen.

Ah, I remember now. Its the guy who make weeb movies and stole plot from The Magnificent Seven.

He's the fool
Also Machiavelli a qt

bait

>Nobuna season 2 never ever

Just kill me

>I must unite the Japanese peoples under one flag.

The best daimyo.

>Good Luck, I'm behind 3000 Ashigaru.

That is not a historical quote.

It was published in 2013 (aired in 2015) and the title is "Cao Cao." It only covers up to 207 though.

Here's a subtitled clip:
jiuyangda.tumblr.com/post/146715073710/