Why I'm leaving

ITT: Ways to improve the discussion of history and the humanities on this board.

Hey you ass turds, I'm leaving this board forever. I'll go ahead and list why so that maybe someone can try to improve their behavior.

>You faggots can't stand other points of views.

Just because someone views a tiny detail differently doesn't mean you can get mad about it.

>You think you're more qualified.

Look we've all seen documentaries and read books. No watching a documentary on something doesn't make you an expert. Go to school and get a real job.

>Shut the fuck up.

Seriously, why are you so childish you feel the need to be so fucking petty.

You're most likely replying to this right now pointing out my swearing and what you perceive is my own hypocrisy. Enjoy the shit ass turds. Anyway to the few of you I actually enjoyed. I'll miss you mate but I've gotta go somewhere else where I can properly discuss history and philosophy with others in a more civilised manner.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/UbZCssz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get the fuck out, emotional little bitch. No one understands what the fuck you are saying, superretard

>implying you're leaving forever
>implying your opinion matters
>implying you aren't all the things you hate about this board in the eyes of someone else

This isn't even off topic, my interest in your faggy opinions is Veeky Forumstory :^)

See you tomorrow.

>I'm leaving this board forever.

bye

kek. ive read this 3 times and i don't even understand it.

In summary OP can't handle the bants and he's got enough of an ego that he thinks people care about his declaration that he's seceding from Veeky Forums and taking his wisdom elsewhere.

i shouldnt read while high. i understand now.

You make a good point.

But making a thread about this kind of shit is a bit faggy.

>history and philosophy with others in a more civilised manner
Where's that?

Go back to Re ddit faggot if you want to pretend like your opinion matter and you are having a serious discussion

I'll tell you mate, I used to be on Reddit and that Historum forum. Talk about intellectual wanking!
Just read propa books and come here to share ideas and find new books to read.
>You faggots can't stand other points of views.
No mate that's what's going on at places I mentioned above. Here ya got dissidence, there no.

>Shut the fuck up, you are a faggot and I am way more qualified then you. You are just a big hypocrite with all your fucking swearing and shit

jokes aside

>No watching a documentary on something doesn't make you an expert. Go to school and get a real job.

Going to school doesn't make you an expert either, what you though majoring in history and getting a history degree would make you an expert on history? Source: history major

>I've gotta go somewhere else where I can properly discuss history and philosophy with others in a more civilised manner.

No such place exists on the internet. You need to find a group of people in real lige to discuss these things with, and even then there is an extremely low chance of you finding that group and an even lower chance of keeping that group together. I have literally one friend who I can have meaningful discussions with about history. Would I like to have meaningful discussions about history here as well? Sure, it would be nice, but I don't really expect it. I mostly come here because I find shitty memes and idiots yelling at eachother quite entertaining and I don't expect my opinion to be taken seriously.

Now delete this thread, it has nothing to do with history

hey, dont mind me but what can you do with the history degree? not meaning to say this in a bad way or demean you but genuinely interested.

>Why I'm leaving
you type of cunts would leave any internet community at the first sign of trouble, no matter how good or bad they are.

Stop complaining and go

See you tomorrow, OP

I take no offense from your question. The truth is there is not a lot. You can dual major in history and education and become a history teacher, or you can choose a concentration and go for your PhD and become a history professor and start teaching at a college level. Thats probably the two most common paths taken by history majors.

If you don't want to teach though you could become:
-A museum Curator
-An archivist
-A librarian
-A politician (usually good to dual major in PoliSci though)
-A lawyer (but you would have to go to law school first of course)

Techincally you can also go into business or journalism, but if you really wanted yo do that then majoring in business or journalism would make a lot more sense

See u tomorrow op

These kinds of threads where some arrogant bitch just passive aggressively lectures the entire board like their shit doesn't stink are the worst threads on Veeky Forums.

I agree with OP, if not on all the particulars.

I am never ever ever coming back until the Mods get rid of Dildoni. He is lewd and disgusting. All he ever talks about is his endowment, and anal rape, and openly racist bullshit. It's either him or me, and God knows why, but you perverts think he's funny and won't kick him, so I'm going.

Welcome to forums op

Reddit isnt any better

>forum

Spot the newfag

Hey is this shitposting forum still up? Mods pls delet this already but in the meantime.

I'm making an RPG thingy, need some help with names for classes if anyone cares. Also renaming any of the existing ones. I'd like to add some more historical type names for stuff too if anyone has any good ideas for renames. I gotta paste this picture together first since I'm doing it on excel and it's too big to screenshot.

>Mods pls delet this already
mods never check Veeky Forums

Yeah I know but wouldn't it be just dandy if they did?

Man dies after Tirade!

World mourns Disaffected Internet Poster.

Famous Signing Mountainback Gorilla says Goodbye. A6

One way to improve the quality of a group discussion is to introduce a common goal to all participants along with a means to participate in its achievement. This can help because it takes focus away from the individual ego that so easily preoccupies minds with the irrelevant.

discord.gg/UbZCssz

This is an inter-chan collective with a goal of understanding select world events through research and discussion. It will also serve as a place to bring quality threads to the attention of high-quality posters. These two ideas come together in the sense that research will be broken down into questions...perhaps specific questions of this nature would make for good thread topics – worthy of discussion and not answerable with a single search query or by a single poster.

This group is not meant to supplant a persons imageboard activity, but participation may be a way in which one could improve the quality of his browsing experience and perhaps inspire him to create quality threads on his home board(s). The group is in its infancy, with some effort and patience, it has real potential. If you have questions you can probably find the answers in the group, there is plenty to read...

Although our focus is current events, this post is appearing on a dying Veeky Forums thread because:
* We don't necessarily need the attention of the whole board right now
* The wide scope of this board has set the stage for a great deal of intellectual diversity
* We are seeking a fair understanding that is tempered with multiple perspectives including that of humanities
* There seems to be a genuine interest in knowledge on this board
* This board is inherently academic (at least compared to /pol or /news) making it well suited to research
*There are regular declarations of frustration surrounding the quality of discussion here. If there were an obvious alternative to this place, these posts would not be made...Perhaps what has been presented here is something of an answer