Who Is the Most Misunderstood Person in History?

Went to Yale and Harvard Business School.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=george w bush paintings&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS694US694&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=667&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjYqPuQ2M7NAhVQ7mMKHeTfBnEQ_AUIBigB
m.youtube.com/watch?v=a65G1HlVF20
youtube.com/watch?v=DK7XSpfRrno
youtube.com/watch?v=BJPOtPl-0NI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And yet dumber than shit. Daddy's influence and money kept him in University. GW is like Trump in that everything he became and did was possible due to daddy.

I promise you that the breadth of George W. Bush's knowledge and intelligence puts yours to shame.

Lenin

I think he fucked up with invading Iraq and the education system in America, but he did great things in fighting the spread of HIV in Africa

>he had poor diction therefore he was an idiot

The biggest idiots I know are the ones that constantly belittle others for their stupidity. Much like the people who are the worst at video games are the first people to bash other players for poor performance.

Mad cause bad, mad cause 2+2=3

>Went to Yale and Harvard Business School.
Eh. That Yale thing, you know.

25 year rule.

Although if anyone I would say Hitler. Not that I'm a natsoc but he is a reviled character as evil in history which is unfair.

>I promise you that the breadth of George W. Bush's knowledge and intelligence puts yours to shame.

t. Butt blasted GOP member

is this supposed to be an accomplishment? someone with stacks of money can go to whatever school they want, doesn't mean they learned anything

Not even. It's just hilarious to me that a dumb user on a Mongolian sheep-herding forum unironically believes he's smarter than a former President who graduated from two Ivy League universities. I bet you study sociology at community college lol.

ODIN

Nurse here btw but thank you for knowing my life user.

Thank you for pretending to know Bush's. I'm sure the media's slander campaign had absolutely nothing to do with your disposition on Bush's intelligence.

>Nurse here

>This is what liberals actually believe

>hes dumb as shit
Oh look, its a roleplayer pretending his president would have made legislation againt spm before 2004.

Man look I hate bush as much as the next guy, but seriously, to think that he is actually as stupid as it sounds is cute.

Cute in the same way that someone acts like a retard around (you) because they want to seem harmless, but they're really not. That's Bush. And any person in a higher position of power and wealth and influence than you that you think your smarter than because they said some dumbshit on the news before they went to take care of non Veeky Forums related business you fucking NEETS

>I promise you that the breadth of George W. Bush's knowledge and intelligence puts yours to shame.
google.com/search?q=george w bush paintings&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS694US694&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=667&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjYqPuQ2M7NAhVQ7mMKHeTfBnEQ_AUIBigB

And...?

You can be foolish and intelligent at the same time.

A fool is someone that doesn't apply their intellect to the world around them in a way that gets them good results.

He still managed to become governor of the second largest state in America and then President of the most powerful nation in the history of humanity. That's pretty impressive by any metric. Obviously his father being who he was was a great help, but W. was hardly a fool. I think it's just a bit of recency bias that makes us think that invading Iraq was ZOMG DUMBEST THING EVAR!

>he's shit at painting
>that means he's stupid
bravo

Tbqh I genuinely believe he has at the least Asperger's or some other kind of autism spectrum disorder

George did literally did nothing wrong

"We can do leveraged gdp growth and then just pay off our debt whenever we feel like." T. Georgy

i can a agree with this

>implying he did all that without his family
He is no self made man

It is incredible how many people bought his stupid act.

>I think it's just a bit of recency bias that makes us think that invading Iraq was ZOMG DUMBEST THING EVAR!

Yeah, all those hundreds of thousands of deaths and millions of refugees plus a new terrorist islamic state aren't even that bad, ZOMG.

Though he did make Germany glorious again, economically and militarily and in generally reviving the countries self-esteem. But wouldn't you say it was wrong to preach and then carry out the slaughtering of millions of "unwanted" peoples. Like I didn't know him on a personally level and you prob. didn't either so everyone went on how he presented himself to the public.
Just my opinion

>ISIS was from the Iraq War
t. retard

unironically not an argument

I know, Obama has been such a shit president

I do believe it is you who are the retard.
The Iraq war, which ousted saddam, created a power vacuum which isis took advantage of.

ISIS rose out of the Arab Spring, Iraq was affected heavily by it, and influenced it, but did not cause it.

Who else but the Artful Albanian?

What's so misunderstood about him? Anyone who's read mein kampf can tell he was a butthurt asshole.

>Isis came out of the Arab Spring

Anything to fit your narrative huh? Care to elaborate how it was the Arab Spring, and not the conflicts in Syria and Iraq, that allowed isis to rise? Do you know what isis stands for?

Even if you want to lay the blame squarely on the Iraq War the fact remains it happened under Obama's watch, not Bush's. ISIS's formation was allowed by Obama's presidency and he's just as much at fault if not more so for letting ISIS happen.

Things aren't black and white, ISIS came from a lot of factors, so did the Arab Spring. Neither one is the fault of anyone in particular but rather a group of people and US foreign policy in general.

Agreed.

>Even if you want to lay the blame squarely on the Iraq War the fact remains it happened under Obama's watch, not Bush's. ISIS's formation was allowed by Obama's presidency and he's just as much at fault if not more so for letting ISIS happen.
>even if

Wow you just have to have a narrative to fill and an agenda to set. You really hate Obama huh. I never brought him up or bush.
Without the conflicts in Iraq and Syria, there is no isis. Those are the catalysts.

Tell me more about how the Arab Spring facilitated isis. I bet you can't and pulled that out of your ass, because trashing it fits your worldview and agenda

>He still believes in the infallibility of the elite

I know this thread is bait and all, but it really grinds my gears when normies think anyone with a title or a position of authority is undeniably brilliant.

History (and even current events) is chock full of these apex human beings blowing their own spot and fucking things up constantly.

Who said I hated Obama? I don't particularly care for the guy, especially his foreign policy, but that's largely because of the role it played in encouraging the Arab Spring and the apathy with which it treated ISIS.
ISIS emerged out of the turmoil of the Syrian revolution largely, assimilating lots of likeminded individuals and groups from all over. Especially Iraq where it solidified into the proto movement before spreading over to Syria. The general weakening of the area and the reluctance to actually step in by the Obama administration.

Not saying Bush didn't play a role in this, taking out Iraq caused the original power vacuum in the first place, but it wasn't the be all end all of what would happen. Things could have turned out at least a little bit differently. Maybe if we'd helped Assad when this went down instead of trying to paint him as a genocidal dictator we could have prevented ISIS from becoming much more than a local organization.

>Pro-Assad

I don't get you people.

For the 2nd law of stupidity, the chance that a person is stupid is indipendent from every other trait he posses

I'm Pro-Assad because removing him at best turns Syria into Somalia and at worst ISIS 2.0.
The fact of life is the best choice usually still sucks, just less than the alternative.

Literally called it with his posthumous shit list

Pointed out the flaws in all the major members of the party

Wouldn't the best choice simply be not inheriting a fat L by supporting a dictator and making the middle east even more anti-American?

No, because not helping Assad got us into this position in the first place when we had to step in and start bombing shit anyways. Plus if we actually helped an existing Arab regime maybe that would get us some good boy points with the Arabs who don't hate us for existing. Because those are the only people whose minds we're gonna change, and there's not a lot of them left.

The ISIS guys already hate us, they'd still hate us even if we started helping them, and same with any of them who support ISIS. The ones loyal to Assad we can still potentially win over, as well as the average citizen who doesn't want to pick a side and just wants to live life. There is absolutely no point in trying to dethrone any existing Arab governments at this time and we were a hair's breath away from doing it, I went to bed one night legitimately thinking France was gonna start bombing Assad soon. It would have turned this shit show into a fecal thunderstorm had they done so. Arming the """"moderate"""" "rebels" in the first place was harm enough, but actually helping them get rid of Assad would have been the dumbest thing the West has done since we decided to prove radiation wasn't harmful by marching soldiers into fallout.

The best thing we could do to stabilize the region would be to nuke the fucking Saudis as well as Pakistan, but I think we can find several reasons as to why that would still be both a terrible idea and never happen.

You can make a better argument that supporting dictators in the ME like we did in Iran/Egypt/SA or disenfranchising/oppressing people like in Iraq/Palestine is what led to the fuck America durkhas to begin with.

Syria fell apart because it was a shithole run by incompetent assholes. No rebel group has enough broad support to hold the country together, and trying to prop up the broken status quo would only make us look worse.

Hardly. There were occupation forces activally purging people and contracting oil, not to mention a lot of the activity happened near the borders and not in iraq.

There is a bad job market in iraq and many soldiers were looking for work, but there werent many pleasing alternatives.

And getting rid of Assad would be an even worse alternative than keeping him. Egypt we got lucky with, they ended up civilized enough to not go full warzone thanks to a lot of factors. I'd say quality of life for the average Egyptian being the most influential factor.

Syria clearly is not quite on the same cultural level as Egypt. We've dug our grave, we dug our grave during the Cold War and this is what we have to live with, or die with.
We can't abandon the Middle East for ethical reasons, and also safety reasons. If we let it go too much to shit there will be attacks on embassies everywhere, Europe will get fucked not just by "refugees" but by real refugees in the tens of millions, we'll either have to close our borders to brown people or suffer terror attacks, I mean unless you have a better idea on how to deal with this completely fucked scenario the best thing we can do is keep the status quo, because at least the status quo leads to slow but sure modernization and doesn't result in hundreds of thousands of people becoming homeless or lifeless each year.

The sins of our fathers are very real and we have to deal with them. Not because it's the right thing to do, but because we have no other alternative. We are reliant on the Middle East not collapsing. Sure, we don't get 100% of our oil from them, but we get a massive chunk from them and so does Europe.

If the Middle East collapses, Europe collapses. If Europe collapses, we collapse. Globalization. Ain't it a bitch?

Most of the Iraq Al-Qaeda/ISIS bigwigs are ex-Iraqi army guys purged during De-Ba'athification.

>at least the status quo leads to slow but sure modernization and doesn't result in hundreds of thousands of people becoming homeless or lifeless each year.

The war itself was caused by Syria clamping down hard on protesters and not being able to keep the military in line. It has to be considered that the status quo (not just islamists or the culture, but the government itself) is responsible for what's happening.

What we usually end up doing is trying to prop up a shitty status quo and then getting upset when it inevitably backfires.

>Syria clearly is not quite on the same cultural level as Egypt.

Not only that, Syria is literally a peasant economy, whereas Egypt has had at least 30 years of tourist attraction if not more.

And now all the people who even have a college, let alone a high school education have left the country because of war.

Syria will be a shithole for a long time.

The military purge was probably one of the biggest failings we had. I understand why they were removed, sure, but making people homeless generally turns them to crime. Or in the case of invasion, insurrection.

I can't tell if it was just a massive oversight or gross incompetence, and I think it hardly matters at this point anyways.

>You can make a better argument that supporting dictators in the ME like we did in Iran/Egypt/SA or disenfranchising/oppressing people like in Iraq/Palestine is what led to the fuck America durkhas to begin with.
I don't really agree. I don't think it helps, but I don't believe we'd have much love in that region regardless. Conservative muslims disliked us very much before we'd ever fiddled around in the region and the rise of the Wahabbi's in S.A. was hugely influential throughout the entire Muslim world. The idea that the people would love us if we never supported any tyrannical-type regimes is pretty insane actually. Chances are some other dictator or theocrat would take their spot and then we'd have not only populations hostile to us, but regimes as well.

conflict in Syria IS arab spring you retard. also in yemen and in libya ISIS has fortresses due to arab spring you shitlord

Revisionist

Not a revisionist

Dirty fucking revisionist

Stop posting this fucking revisionist

Definitely not a revisionist 100% straight

The thing is though, meddling and fuckery gives the religious extremists legitimacy. When you kill a civilian or prop up and asshole for "the greater good", and normal people have no recourse, they rally around the guy screaming "fuck the status quo" the loudest.

>conflict in Syria IS arab spring you retard.

That's a bit too straightforward to really sum up the what's going on in Syria. ISIS is taking advantage of Iraq and Syria's weak control for their insurgency.

>Most of the Iraq Al-Qaeda/ISIS bigwigs are ex-Iraqi army guys purged during De-Ba'athification.
Yes but the group formed as a result of the conflict of Syria and it's responsible for the huge amount of people that have flocked to and from the region. The Ba'athist leaders essentially just took advantage of all of the young, impressionable jihadi retards around and used them to try to retake part of Iraq. They'd still be in Syria fucking shit up regardless.

>The thing is though, meddling and fuckery gives the religious extremists legitimacy. When you kill a civilian or prop up and asshole for "the greater good", and normal people have no recourse, they rally around the guy screaming "fuck the status quo" the loudest.
There aren't any good options here. During the cold war especially we couldn't afford to allow huge swaths of Asia to fall under regimes hostile to us and friendly to the Soviets. He blowback in the ME is minor compared to allowing the Soviets to have unchecked influence globally.

>he wants to lay unattended if he ever gets hospitalised

Nothing against nurses, but you don't have to be a genius to become one. Any single mom with a G.E.D. can do it.

George II and Barack represent the interests of the same group.

All he wanted was to not be a corporate icon or be revered by white trash jocks.

It's hilarious how proles think you need to be smart to go to Yale if your family is rich and important. W is not a drooling moron; he's a regular guy. No more, no less.

You don't have to be a genius, no, but it's still a three-year university degree. Four to five if you're specializing.

The guy who started that "judaism" thing.

>the fact remains it happened under Obama's watch, not Bush's.

This sort of world view is fucking stupid - plenty of leaders have kicked the can down the road and watched it blow up in the face of their successors. It's like saying "Well he might have put tons of explosives under his house but it still blew up after he sold it, so it's really the buyers' fault."

It takes some major mental gymnastics to try and pretend that the current instability in Iraq and Syria aren't a consequence of a decade long shitty war shortly before. Is Obama blameless? Definitely not, he fucked up too. The Iraq war, and therefore Bush, should shoulder most of it though. I doubt this would've happened if Saddam hadn't been ousted.

Intelligence and Wisdom aren't the same thing.

I would argue that Dubbya was intelligent, but not wise

>I'll be long gone before some smart person figures out what happened in that Oval Office
We're still waiting for the smart person to figure out all the shit that must be buried under the white house. Trying to vindicate Bushes legacy before we have the whole story is pretty pointless.

This

Operation Enduring Freedom was a mistake

Invasion of Iraq was a mistake but it's not entirely his fault. The military-industrial complex need a kick-start and cold war is long over. US politics is lot more complicated than what average people thought.

His dad was the President, dumbass

So what? One of the most retarded and unsuccesful students in my highschool went to Harvard this year, and she is not even American.

I feel so sad for Jeb ;-;

m.youtube.com/watch?v=a65G1HlVF20

Same with pic related

God, Bush had so much fucking potential. Went to the two best Ivy Leagues, had all the fucking connections in the world, zero relation to DC, was rich as fuck, and yet still fucked everything up. I blame Cheney still

Not to mention was a Governor of a huge ass state with years of governing experience

>muh drunken brute
Essentially modernized Macedon and gave Alexander the means to create his empire

>Governor of a huge ass state with years of governing experience

The Texas governor actually has very little power compared to other states.

What if I told you G.W.B. was of average intelligence, liked to party, new how to lower his diction to appeal to voters, and still got a lot of help from his rich family?

I think this scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=DK7XSpfRrno

(though not the entire film)
is representative of Bush's level of intelligence.

Really? They usually have a super-majority republican control though. Although that actually might be a bad thing having total control of legislature when you are governing

*knew how to lower his diction
FUCK.

>ISIS
>Islamic State in Syria
>Created in Iraq

ISIS stands for 'Islamic State of Iraq and Syria'

This

Southern European fasism is God tier

youtube.com/watch?v=BJPOtPl-0NI

good video on the topic

That's to blame on affirmative action and shitty majors.

It was all satire...

Every time I listen to the man in a one on one interview, he seems articular, intelligent, and warm. I may not share his politics or agree with his actions, but I don't think he's unintelligent.

Honestly, I think he has social anxiety and that's why you see him bumbling some speeches. That's what makes sense to me. He would trip over words, mess up little phrases, and try use humor to hide how awkward he felt. Pressure probably got to the guy, not that I blame him. The worst attack on US soil happened on his watch and there was no regular force that he could direct us toward like Roosevelt could. He was fucked.

ISIS was literally founded in response to the US invasion and the new Shia government as part of the sunni uprising. Its original name was Al Qaeda in Iraq (Mesopotamia).

The basic ideology of ISIS existed since the 1980s and the power vacuum in Syria as a result of the Arab spring revolt/civil war made it possible for them to establish their caliphate but without the iraq war they literally would not exist.

also they could not have captured large parts of iraq without support from sunni tribes who were upset by religious oppression coming from the shia government put into place by the us and the dissolution of saddam's army by US administrators

The guy who invented agriculture.

Little did the Mesopotamians know that it was just a prank bro

>most powerful nation in the history of humanity

thats quite the claim you make. I give you the ww2 and after period and perhaps from some pre ww2 parts but all of humanity?

Read up on some history bro, youre literally on a history board proclaiming this shit.

think before you react

>Most of the Iraq Al-Qaeda/ISIS bigwigs are ex-Iraqi army guys purged during De-Ba'athification.
Pure propaganda right there.

The remnants of the Iraqi Army formed their own coalition of groups. This coalition is comprised of the Naqshbandi Order, MCIR, SCJL, Free Iraqi Army, and the Anbar Tribal Councils. Of course the Western media reports these groups to be Al Qaeda, as Arab nationalist groups are something the West doesn't want its peoples to know about. Nevertheless, the coalition has begun talks with the Iraqi government over the formation of an alliance against ISIS.

god tier in opressing minorities?

Stalin, Churchill and FDR were more oppressive to minorities. A lot more Libyans and Slovenes fought in the Italian army then Japanese in the American.

He should have just kept playing music and stopped doing all the corporate stuff then instead of leaving his daughter without a father like a faggot