Is this the board we should use to discuss Theater?

Is this the board we should use to discuss Theater?

Technically it should be in Veeky Forums, but I'm sure we could have a nice historical theater threat.

I asked Veeky Forums and they said that Veeky Forums is only for things written down, and not for actual productions. Where "Humanities" seems to make it fit decently. I don't know, there's no real perfect fit, I'm just trying to find the best place to actually talk about it.

You can't talk about jack shit on /b/

yep! theater/performing arts are humanities

>I asked Veeky Forums and they said that Veeky Forums is only for things written down, and not for actual productions
They're wrong, discussion productions of Shakespeare, for instance, has always been Veeky Forums

Musicals are /mu/, however.

Watch Strindberg! Miss Julie and A Father are good.

Where can I find quality recorded Ibsen plays?

>mfw a high school drama student calls himself a thespian

Lane?

What abouut him?

I prefer musicals over plays. I've seen Book of Mormons, Avenue Q, Cats, Anything Goes, Chicago, Thoroughly Modern Millie, South Pacific, Mamma Mia!, Rocky Horror Show, Rent, and Wicked. Kinda want to see Hamilton, but I don't like the few songs I've heard from it. Book of Mormon is my favorite and I seriously hope we get a movie version as long as Matt and Trey are the directors still.

Why does he wear the mask?

Hey man, you've gotta start being pretentious somewhere.

only My Dinner with Andre

>tfw the Hamilton OBC has been professionally recorded but it won't be released to the public for years and years because the producers don't want to risk ticket prices for Broadway + upcoming tours + other upcoming productions being reduced to anywhere near normal.

I mean, on one hand that's annoying, but on the other hand they're right.

Which songs have you heard form Hamilton?

My favorites are Say no to This and The Room Where it Happens

>Musicals are /mu/

Good fucking luck trying to pull that off.

[spoiler] I wanna talk about G&S

Check out Fiddler on the Roof

What's irritating is that they don't need tickets to cost as much as they do to make a great profit. Aladdin is almost constantly a full house but tickets aren't buttfuckingoutrageous. The top tickets almost never go over $230 in peak season.

>I wanna talk about G&S

this particularly rapid and intelligible chatter isn't generally heard and if it is it doesn't matter

If I had been so lucky as to have a steady brother
Who could talk to me as we are talking now to one another
Who could give me good advice when he discovered I was erring
(Which is just the very favour which on you I am conferring),
My existence would have made a rather interesting idyll,
And I might have lived and died a very decent indiwiddle.

As long as the market supports it there is no reason for them not to sell them for insane amounts.

Not being greedy fucks is a reason. Not a reason the producers (or Lin, bless him but, Lin) would ever agree with, but hey.