Is there a more miserable country in the history of the world than Russia?

Is there a more miserable country in the history of the world than Russia?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bwDrHqNZ9lo
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Serbia and just the Balkans in general.

China

Haiti

somalia

obligatory žižek

youtube.com/watch?v=bwDrHqNZ9lo

Belgian Congo.
>I don't care how many infant hands it takes, bring me the rubber and ivory now!

I think the worst part is how Russia could of turned out instead of what actually happened. Alexander 2 was doing some really good shit like his legal reforms,modernization of the army and was pretty much their last chance of peaceful change into a constitutional Monarchy/democracy before he got blown up. In the 1890's Witte was finally able to bring industrialization in large quantities to Russia and foreign investment was able to fully utilize Russia's natural resources. Russian Industry in the early 1900's was predicted to overtake German industry eventually.

Every single African country

North Korea

>average citizen poorly fed, malnourished
>thought crime is a thing
>can be executed for the most petty offenses (not being enthusiastic enough at a political rally, for example)
>every part of their life is scripted and rigidly enforced

Even the ones that escape North Korea aren't happy, because they're kept so ignorant about the rest of the world that culture shock totally fucks them up.

>three generations of punishment
>"Anyone found guilty of committing a crime, which could be as simple as trying to escape North Korea, would be sent to the camp along with that person's entire family. The subsequent two generations of family members would be born in the camp and must also live their entire lives and die there."

I've heard that the Japanese regularly find ghost ships full of dead families trying to flee the country in their fishing boat.

(captcha: "1812")

>Raise the Tutsis to believe they are genetically superior to the Hutus
>Independence
>Liberal members of the Belgian cabinet feel bad about the imperialism. They then decide to atone for past actions by encouraging the Hutus to rebel.
>The Hutus don't just rebel, they actively seek the extermination of the Tutsis.
>nearly 40 years of Genocide

Meanwhile in the DRC
>DRC the source of Uranium, and other precious materials, vital for Americas battle against the Soviet Union
>Patrice Lumumba is accused of being a Soviet Stooge.
>he's is overthrown, taken into the jungle, shot, and his body dissolved in Acid
>Joseph Mobutu comes to power
>ohfuck.jpeg

Yep, Belgian Congo was terrible

At least now they have chinese building them highways.

Funniest thing is that we actively engage in fucking up countries so openly yet people are in denial and we support it.

>we
but i have nothing to do with it thank you very much

Nope.

In just Europe:

Romania, Serbia, Bosnia&Herzegovina, Ukraine definitely as of recently, and so on.

Across the rest of the world, Russia is better off than most countries, consistently being in the top 10 economies in the world and with people more than able to afford household luxuries.

Most of the Russian misery image is a lot of Hollywood's fault, actually visiting St. Petersburg for a week did a lot to dispel that image for me.

>consistently being in the top 10 economies in the world

Not the hardest feat, when you own more than 12% of the world's landmass, with abundand primary energy sources and raw materials.
Not to say that their added value to production isn't high compared to some asian, african and SA countries, but still.

St. Petersburg can hardly be like the rest of russia - the USA are not exactly like manhattan for example

>consistently being in the top 10 economies in the world

Bro, Russia's GDP is lower than Brazil's.

>Judging a country by tourist attractions.

Romania isn't that bad, our internet is fucking awesome. What else do you need?