Favorite Underrated Philosopher

Ok all you philosophy hipsters, who's the philosopher you really enjoy and think had some great things to say, but just never got the recognition they deserved?
Santayana for me, I find his materialism coupled with his intense love of the arts and humanities really appealing. I have a feeling that if modern popular atheism has followed his lead rather than Russell, we'd be better off.
Who are some others? I want some great, not as well known, dudes to read.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bergson. totaly forgotten after the world war.

this spookyman

Anyone who says stefan molynuex is gay.

Crates of Thebes

He turned the antisocial Cynicism of Diogenes around and into what his student Zeno called Stoicism.
>But Crates with only his wallet and tattered cloak laughed out his life jocosely, as if he had been always at a festival.
>He used to enter the houses of his friends, without being invited or otherwise called, in order to reconcile members of a family, even if it was apparent that they were deeply at odds. He would not reprove them harshly, but in a soothing way, in a manner which was non-accusatory towards those whom he was correcting, because he wished to be of service to them as well as to those who were just listening.

*Sniff* Obligatory

Agreed. Now let's talk about how LeBron James is the most underrated basketball player...

Gasset anyone?

I love the sniffman, but LeBron just might be THE greatest player ever. I get the joke, but Zizek isn't the LeBron of philosophy.

Hey you're back!

can you link to the mega right quick I lost my bookmarks

also on topic image

mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
I still host the thread on /x/ like I always have I just guess my OPs needed to be deleted to make room for more "history of weed" threads and "[mainstream christian faction] General" because we obviously don't have enough of either.

Thats a stupid quote. No it doesnt.

Are you telling me that sense inputs don't influence thought, affect, memory, or behavior?

This tbqh

Phenomena is not concrete nor does it make our lives so. Do you even Kant

Kahlil Gibran

meme philosopher, but I like him and Montaigne's impartiality towards rigorous philosophy.

Santayana isn't hipster

Misrepresented, misunderstood.

And up until this point no canonic figure has improved upon his philosophy.

>Who is Heidegger

>heidegger
>implying Nietzsche would give the slightest fuck about his boring metaphysics

>not philosopher of despair
Do you even Cioran?

>boring
>metaphysics

I didn't know metaphysics was supposed to appeal to your aesthetic pleasures.

Boring in regard to Nietzsche's own philosophies, which included a fair amount on aesthetics. He would have already despised Heideggar for whoring himself to the Nazis, but reading a few chapters of his monotonous and useless drivel would have just sealed his opinion.

I think de Benoist is one of the most interesting philosophers alive today and it annoys me he's so marginalised. Also one of the most learned scholars of Schmitt

You cannot possibly know anything that you just wrote, you pseudo-intellectual.

Stop, just stop. You need to read Being & Time, nub

Jacques Maritain. Thomism is underrated