>"fixed fortifications are stupid lol"
>*gets stuck at Metz for 3 months*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r_b1Y-Rl_Uo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Looks like Trump

What the fuck, I hate Montgomery now

>Montgomery

I know right. That's clearly Omar Bradley.

>Montgomery

That's MacArthur you illiterate

That's Erich Ludendorf you imbecile.

>MacArthur

Now there's a overrated fuckup.

>spends his time in the Philippines embezzling money
>receives news of the attack on pearl harbor
>better hide in my office until my air force is destroyed!

>receives information of impending Chinese attack in Korea
>disperses his forces piecemeal, flies his personal airliner over the border and doesn't see any Chinamen out the window, awards himself the Distinguished Flying Cross for this

Not to mention he was a weaboo.

>now
faggot

>people that can't even recognize de Gaulle

Why am I even on this board?

>We will fight them on the beaches
>Considers escaping from a beach his biggest victory
>We will fight them on the streets
>Barely any fighting on Streets till after D-day
>We shall fight them on the landing grounds
>Brittish landing grounds see no fighting at all apart from bombing
>We shall never surrender
>Surrenders Singapore

>We will fight them on the beaches
>gets a bunch of Canadians killed and captured, and a destroyer sunk, for no reason

>We will fight them on the streets
>Surrenders when the Japanese use the streets

You see it says US on his collar...

Which means Unités Speciales or Special Units, indicating De Gaulle's troubling learning disabilities.

A whole destroyer? Look, I get Canucks were brave fighters individually, but in the scale of the war, whinging about a single destroyer is asinine. It says something about the actual scale of Canada's force.

It was just a prank bro!

youtube.com/watch?v=r_b1Y-Rl_Uo

Hey the Canadians wanted a fight.

>fixed fortifications are stupid because you can go around them
>British proceed to fuck up the operation to go around them so badly that war is extended by another year
>user on a Turkmen carpet looming website calls Patton stupid for others fuck ups

>We must take the rur region
>Let's not invade through the north german plain but rather this extremely narrow and well-defended tiny patch of forest instead which we could easily go around with our army
>Oh what's that, our entire division got destroyed by a bunch of volksgrenadiers? Well we better send in another one with the exact same tactics as before
>*Proceeds to repeat this with dozens of further divisions for almost half a year straight, resulting in the longest continuous battle ever fought by US armed forces and one of the most costly disasters for the allies in the entire war*

What did the allies mean by this?

HAP ARNOLD A SHIT, A SHIIIIIIT

>Monty

You forgot
>surrounding himself with incompetent fuckups

The St. Naziaire raid was fucking awesome and disabled their dockyards and repair facilities for a long time.

Oh hey, turns out "not sending a platoon of Matildas", not shipping a fuckton of antitank RIFLES (yes, IJA armor was that shit), not giving you TOTALLY AWESOME COASTAL DEFENCES HE shells, relying on MOTHERFUCKING CHANCE as an early warning system as opposed to a network of informants and radios and "FUCK THE COLONIES, PROTECT THE HOME ISLANDS FIRST" was a recipe for disaster! You can't even fucking blame Percuval for this, that's all Churchill.

But the Second British Army was all the way up in Brussels-Antwerp. Patton had the First US Army pushing towards Bastogne at his north and the Seventh at Nancy pushing towards Karlsruhe at his south.

Anyways, if Patton was really a reincarnated Roman legionnaire (like he claimed), he'd have appreciated fortifications.

I was referencing Market Garden, where the fortifications would have became USELESS if Britain hadn't fucked it up so they could just go around and create a giant pocket which was the whole idea. What you posted is pretty irrelevant to the reference.

>implying this is anyone other than Mustafa Kemal
spotted the armenians

The Dieppe Raid, not the St.Nazaire

Canadians were the fourth largest Allied Army in Europe. It's not the destroyer, it was the fact it shouldn't have happened. They were attacking a lightly defended place, only to get their shit pushed in so hard that the navy got an ass raping.

Dieppe? That was Mountbatten.
Seriously, why did the Brits keep him.

Dieppe? That's Lord Louis "Let's build a carrier out of frozen sawdust" Mountbatten.

>Be Erwin Rommel
>Decide one of the best ways to unbalance the British would be to inspire the North African locals to rise up and take up arms against their British masters
>Literally be the Axis Lawerence of Arabia, only less gay
>Find out that this bastard Rudolfo Graziani, the man who used chemical weapons against fucking Ethiopians because they were resisting, was harassing the locals
>The North Africans especially the Egyptians, decide it's better to trust the devils they knew

>Bro, it was just a prank

>trusting Italy
>ever

Has Patton become Veeky Forums's FAMAS?