The Roman Empire is the only civilization worthy of Respect. They weren't perfect, but they were the best

The Roman Empire is the only civilization worthy of Respect. They weren't perfect, but they were the best.

You can't prove me wrong.

You're right.

/thread

Ancient Chinese.
Umayyad Caliphate.

Just like european Union.

Also, i mean the golden days of the Roman Empire, not the last days.
> Strong, disciplined and large army
> Advanced battle tactics and equipment
> Powerful economy
> Control over all the trade in the mediterraneum
> "Everything in the world is in Rome"
> Actual effecient road system
> Trade ships protected by roman fleets
> God-Tier Architecture
> Housing for everyone
> Culture
> Population was united and would fight for Rome
> Food, advanced irrigation systems
> Laws and justice
> Provincial governors

> Fire Fighters
> Filosophy
> Education, even for the plebs
> Good family values

Slavery is "eh" buddy.

Civilization is for fags anyway desu

>Empire
>worthy of Respect
>worshiping a hideous degeneration of Rome instead of the version that made Rome great

I said they weren't perfect

They were a nation of slaves serving slaves serving patricians and thus innovation was almost utterly stopped. The Roman Empire held humanity back.

>You can't prove me wrong.
Because you are making a subjective statement, sure.

Neither of those really surpass Rome in terms of influence.

Jesus those mongolian genetics tho

Greece has superior learning and culture. The Romans agreed!

So basically, a copy pasted, shittier version of Persia.

They killed Jesus, so I agree.

Getting this tattooed on my chest this week. Badass or autist?

Level 9000 autist.

Seems very autistic desu. I get the sentiment but, just don't do it senpai.

Please don't do that.
You gotta drink your airak and eat your horse meat and wrestle with your bros, bro

Boy they sure liked columns!

I'm shredded though so my autism isn't easily visible

I see.

So Russo-Chinese Cuckdom is the way of men, right?

Both did depending on how you define it. China did by every metric

Jacket wrestling is legit as fuck. Mongols are fucking taking over the judo world right now with their barbaric throws.

Whos that guy?

Fokin savage mongol.

Did he get like that from herding and training eagles?

pictured: Goku and ChiChi

The Persian Empire was pretty impressive and more chill than the Romans. They get a unfair rap from Greek propaganda.

I highly suggest you change your decision. Get an Aquila/Eagle tattoo which would look much better. Possibly have it say SPQR on or underneath it if you're that in to Rome.

Rome did have a much more lasting legacy then the Persians as seen through the prominence of Romance languages among major nations in Europe and the Americas. Also Persia got ass raped by mohammeden dunecoons.

I assume that guy was talking about the Achaemenids, which was 1000 years before Islam.

Persia, to a lesser extent, was the Rome of the East for quite a while, you still see parts of their legacy in the Middle East, Caucasus, Central Asia, and South Asia (all the -stan countries' names being a prime example).

To answer the OP though, Rome was by far the most culturally significant empire out there. Others may have come close (Persians, Chinese, Greeks) but Rome was still #1, just like America is today.

Their empire was ravaged by part time arab plumbers

>the only civilization worthy of respect

>You can't prove me wrong.
Even though an argument can be made for certain superlative aspects of the Roman Empire, this type of SHITPOST BAIT is annoying. You have failed to establish objective criteria for what constitutes the "best" when comparing civilizations.

People were killed for entertainment at the whim of those in charge. The people feasted upon the bloodsport of the arena. Somehow I think that many modern cultures have significantly more evolved sensibilities.

And they fell. If Rome had been the best, why was there a need for the Empire to be replaced?

/these

(a profound cultural legacy is still not indication of superlativeness. It means they fell and their good parts were kept by those who MOVED ON)

/thread

>browsing Veeky Forums
>applying modern standards to cultures and societies of the past
>believing you're intelligent

>africans
>abos
>indians
The british "empire"

>rome
>conquered tribes and kings only slightly less advanced than them
>lasted over 1000 years

>brits
>colonized tribes thousands of times less advanced
>lasted a few hundred years

Roman Empire is fucking garbage. Slavery to the extent that the Romans did it was awful for Rome, government was useless at solving any of the problems Rome faced because the Senate kept killing off everyone that didn't agree with them, the wealthy made laws for their own self interest at the expense of the empire, super high tax rate, and I could go on, but Rome is shit, there is a reason everything fell apart the way it did.

Cassius, you need to be a bit more subtle. Caesar's dog, Marc Antony, will find you awfully fast if you keep spouting these things out loud.