Guys remember that one time when 300 Spartans forgot their armor and fought persian mutants led by BDSM enthusiast?

Guys remember that one time when 300 Spartans forgot their armor and fought persian mutants led by BDSM enthusiast?

>complaining about a capeshit movie not being accurate

yo das autistic breh

>Spartans are superheroes
>breh

I certainly see one autist.

Filmakers are autistic

I don't think that you could get enough leverage to make those sword arms work.

I think it's just edgy design getting in the way. Those arms are clearly for sawing, not chopping.

It wasnt used in battle. It was executions only.

WE
WUZ
ACUMENIDS
N
SHIET

Still more historically accurate than Braveheart.

I think it's been said a lot, but 300 is probably meant to be a modern interpretation of how the Spartans (as narrated by a Spartan) saw the battle, and especially the combatants.

Persians:
>Freaks and monsters and spooky foreign devils
>Led by maniacal tyrant who thinks he's a god
>So weak that they just fall to pieces under Spartan swords

Other Greeks:
>Weak, amateur shitters
>Didn't really do anything to contribute
>Basically a token force

Spartans:
>Badass Herakles clones
>Don't even need armour
>Fucking invincible gods of war

In reality ofc the Spartans were 300 out of ~5,000, and the Persians weren't the twisted aliens that they may have seemed to the Greeks (Spartans, especially, being insular xenophobes), but if you were a Spartan and you wanted to let everybody back home know how shit went down, this might be how you'd describe it.

That's actually a really interesting perspective that i've never considered. Thx user you just changed my view of the movie for the better.

I'd also add the only guy who turns traitor happens to be a deformed hunchback incapable of fighting. Seems like if someone did betray the Spartans, they had to be some kind of weakling freaks.
That said I don't know why Leo couldn't have put him on the cliff face dropping rocks on people.

The movie is based on the graphic novel which is again only loosely based on the real life events.

Maybe you should stop getting asspained over artistic license, because no one with an IQ over 80 thinks that the movies or the novel is historically accurate.

This is how I view the movie version of Starship Troopers.

It's a movie adaptation of a comic that was meant to be over the top and not historical

Don't be such an autist

Well, if you watch the first film, at the end it's revealed that it's just a story recanted by Aristodemus to his troops before the Battle of Plataea to rally them up. So yeah, it kind of was supposed to be that.

>
I think it's been said a lot, but 300 is probably meant to be a modern interpretation of how the Spartans (as narrated by a Spartan) saw the battle, and especially the combatants.

The movie is based on the comic by frank miller, and he has explicitly stated that this is the case. He actually studied the real battle and time period extensively, but decided to go for a more stylised representation of events. Its actually kinda fun to go through the story and pick the points where he acknowledges the historical reality and then gleefully distorts it into to fantastical epicness

>Well, if you watch the first film, at the end it's revealed that it's just a story recanted by Aristodemus

It would have been slightly better if at the end he and all the soldiers listening were dressed in proper armour and gear

Real Spartans would LOVE this film. That's about the highest compliment you can give about it.

Real spartans were ISIS tier ultra violent religious fundamentalists. They would not have approved of such a massive distortion of their society

Please. Real Spartans probably would've used it as fap material, especially because of the half naked oily dudes and 7 ft tall Mexican lesbian

Possibly, but only after they had stabbed the shit out of the production team

They are literally wearing capes.

Spartans would have probably loved The Purge too, since they basically did the same shit to the helots.