Le rus were vikings xD meme

>le rus were vikings xD meme
>Rurik was finnish
>no archeological evidence for any fucking Norse activity in Russia
>even the viking theory itself makes no sense because apparently only the ruling class was Norse to begin with so that still makes Rus Slavs with some Norse thrown in

in other words Byzantium BTFO'd ruskies not vikings

Other urls found in this thread:

freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mozhayski/teksty/ydna.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rurik#Genetic_investigation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish-speaking_population_of_Finland#Medieval_Swedish_colonisation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

B-but muh Primary Chronicle!

There are a few varangian-slav settlements in Russia because of the trade routes they formed with Greece, such a Gnezdovo. As for Rurik in Lagoda and Novgorod, well, I don't know.

You're right though, the origins of the rurikid dynasty are shrouded in myth. Has anyone here read the Primary Chronicle?

What are you talking about, the sagas are full of stories of Scandinavian viking kings and nobles spending time with their cousins, aunts etc. in Rus

The sagas also mention a witch who had an army of monsters and raised people from the dead, a king who lived for hundreds of years and that berserkers could actually shapeshift into a fucking bear.

It's the archeologic finds that matter not some fairy tales Ivan.

It's not like actual russian princes and nobles are mentioned like St. Helga or Valdemar of Kiev or anything

>>Rurik was finnish
Fingolian detected.

Woah Valdemar such a Norse name. Do you fantasize about being a viking often when you're squatting with your comrades Dimitrii?

DNA tests seriously showed he was Finnish.

I'm scandinavian though, Valdemar is his norse name.

Proofs?

>I'm Scandinavian

Sasha I know you wish to be Norse but you're a Slav don't be so shy about it and just call Vladimir the Great by his ruskie name.

There's some retarded ancient Finn meme going around. Because an ancestor to Rurik had Finnish admixture, that means Rurik was Finnish.

freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mozhayski/teksty/ydna.html

>no archeological evidence for any fucking Norse activity in Russia

Many Arab coins are found in Norse hoards in Russia along the Volga route (and further west) - archeologists actually use these to date the burials and chart the progression of Viking settlements along Russian rivers. While these dirhams could have been due to the Vikings trading via some intermediaries we do happen to know that the Norsemen mounted several raids down the Volga into the Caspian between the 9th and the 11th centuries. Armenian, Arab and Persian writers mention them in their works like Ibn Isfandiyar's History of Tabaristan or Al-Masudi's Meadows of Gold and Mines of Gems. Most of these raids were mounted by the Rus' - that is, the Vikings who settled in what is now Russia and Ukraine (hence the word Russia). But there was also at least one expedition that sailed all the way from Sweden that is documented in a saga and a group of rune stones commemorating various warriors who did not return from the Land of Saracenes. So yes, there's plenty of records.

Is a child of a black guy and a white woman white by this logic? No? Then how is a finno-swedish mutt fucking Norse?

What kind of retarded comparison is that? A person can have more than one ancestor.

>Finns and Norse are equal to separate races

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rurik#Genetic_investigation

>The closest relatives of the Rurikid haplotype are found in coastal Finland, among the Swedish-speaking Finns.[7]
>Swedish-speaking

yes

>Finns

I guess if I learn German that makes me fucking German.

>the baltic sea is so big that swedes cannot have possibly reach the other side! only finns lived there!!

>Turks living in Germany are Germanic

No, but Turks living in Germany are Turks. Just like Swedes living in Finland.

>swedish speaking Finns
>the same as swedes living in Finland

nigga

get a grip

Russia is literally named after a viking tribe called Ros. Their place of origin Roslagen is in the same place now as it was back then 1000 years ago.

Ros = Rus.

In finnish, Sweden is called "Routsi".

Lord have mercy, the memes are REAL

Descended from Swedish speaking upper class which was, for the most part, ethnically swedish.

Will his but pain ever cease?

Sorry for destroying your dreams about being a viking Vladimir ''Vlad'' Vladimirovich.

Poles, russians, ruthenians et al are ALL descended from vikings.

Poles like to think of themselves as extremely special and unique in the history of europe (they're literally calling themselves "christ of peoples" ffs) but they're not.

Germanics settled all throughout eastern europe. All northeastern europeans are equally eastern germanic.

Also kys hasbarat OP

Explain Ibn Fadlan then

Swedish speaking Finns in Finland are descended from ethnic Swedes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish-speaking_population_of_Finland#Medieval_Swedish_colonisation

>Poles descendend from vikings
>ruthenians descended from vikings

what am I reading

Poles are western norwegians

Lmao that's what you believe Grzegorz? Such nordic looking people.

Stay mad anti-viking niggers

Dumb animeposter.

>shitposting and namecalling

typical Veeky Forums thread

Poles are proto-judeo-wendo-scytho-sarmatians of atlantian descent, you fucking retards
kill yourselves immediately

I thought the point was that the settlements were originally Nordic, and the Slavs got there afterwards?

Rurik was black

Yep. The Slavs land on these land in their space ship as they run from Mars because of lack of atmosphere to grow potato and produce vodka. When they land they kick peaceful germanics from they righteous clay so they must emigrate to Roman empire.
The atmosphere was stolen by space Jews who come from Saturn.
Its all truth. These sneaky Slavs all come from Mars I swear.

He was Swede. of course he was black like all swedes are.

>The atmosphere was stolen by space Jews who come from Saturn.
This stormfag revisionism I swear.

It was the Romans who killed Mars, the Slavic bible only blames the Jews so that the Romans would be more willing to accept Muscowy becoming third Rome.