Hostages force you to choose

You must choose between killing a 9-5 worker supporting a family of 4 or a child you know has a 25% chance of finding a cure for leukemia as an adult and a 75% chance of OD'ing on heroin before he's 18. If you choose neither all three of you are killed. Who do you choose and how do you morally justify your choice?

"Kill them both. ALLAHU AKBAR"

>someone thought this was worth posting

The child's circumstances are pure conjecture. The worker's circumstances are concrete and definable. 4 kids > 1 kid.

Gas the twerp.

this isn't Veeky Forums related

I throw a coin.

The first option. Guy is an adult and his family will probably get a good insurance from him. Sorry pal, greater good calls.

Oh and keep the kid somewhere far from opiates

It's philosophy related.

>I throw a coin.
This.

I choose me. If that's not an option then I choose neither, fuck those cunts.

I choose for all three of us to die.

This question is incorrect. An unjust war is a war crime itself.

Seeing this is a pretty strange situation, I feel obliged to do the record scratch /tv/ meme.

Now I'm the protagonist of a light hearthed comedy so this whole affair is probably gonna solve itself in some comical way soon.

This. It's the only morally justifiable answer

I dance and unleash my Aegyo :3

The gunman slips on a banana peel, pulling the trigger and killing both people as well as three unrelated bystanders. You say "well that wasn't very apeeling" as stock laughter rolls

Kill the kid because the worker supports my lavish lifestyle and it woudln't hurt my feelings as much since he has to support a family.The kid would have probably died anyways

If terrorists took your dog hostage, would you assassinate the president for them?

Still a tragic situation is turned into a happy and comedic one. Sucks to be those dead guys but I'll say everything went better than what could've been expected.

Depends on what other information I have about the worker, but I probably save the kid.

I don't have a dog, but if I did and I knew I wouldn't be caught then yes.

the worker is probably an alcoholic anyway and beats his wife daily

>Discussion of modern politics, current events, popular culture, or other non-historical topics should be posted elsewhere.
Impolite sage

It's a philosophy question you dip.

Kill the captor as soon as he hands over a weapon