Was Mahatma Gandhi an uber racist as they say?

Other urls found in this thread:

todayifoundout.com/index.php/2015/06/time-mahatma-gandhi-tried-stop-wwii/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He became an ethnic activist not out of loathing white supremacy but rather forced integration and equality with blacks.

Probably. He also supported Hitler and Mussolini, said Jews were the scourge of the world and so on. Those are the type of stuff swept under the rug in western education.

When he was young and living in Africa, he realised he hated niggers. But by the time of his death it's safe to say he had gotten over his racism. It's called a "character arc", google it.

There are many streets and other places named after Gandhi in America. I wonder how long it will be till black lives matters starts protest and petitions to rename them

Or maybe he was able to keep his facade because he no longer needed to deal with nigs all day everyday.

todayifoundout.com/index.php/2015/06/time-mahatma-gandhi-tried-stop-wwii/

No-one who gets as into meditation and Hindu spiritualism as he did can be a racist, the whole basis of it is unconditional love for all human.

He's brown and therefore can't be racist, dummy!

there is a book coming out by a well known south african author withthe "bombshell" relevation that gandhi was a racist

If you've been around niggers, you'd be racist too. They're complete and utter animals in a way no other race has matched.

Abbos.

>No-one who gets as into meditation and Hindu spiritualism as he did can be a racist, the whole basis of it is unconditional love for all human.

Hahahaha, you retard.

There's classes of people you're not even allowed to touch or speak to. Hinduism has some major ethical problems.

Loving that non-grammatical fear monger headline

>Neo-Nazi
>Neo
>was an activist during the actual Nazi party

During his time in Africa, he was definitively a supporter if Indian equality with whites but wanted to deny it to the blacks. Later on in life he admitted this to be a mistake and renounced racism.

HIndu identity and spirituality is different.

Just like being an American citizen and being a patriotic American are different.

One is a system, other is a effort.

It would be weird to say that he was an uber racist without saying everyone alive during his time was uber racist. This is the problem of presentism and lack of contextual setting.

Presentism bias = using current morals to judge history/future event. It pops up in history, future prediction, literature, movies, etc.

Its best to avoid it because mixing current standard with past standard muddies facts.

>I can't even watch an Indian in the face

What a beta

What a stupid headline for stupid people. Only an idiot like OP would check the article and actually believe it.

Yeah I'm sure Winston Churchill loved blacks and indians with all his heart.

the article is satire

he did not do any of those things

I dont think the article is real

Or maybe we shouldn't give a shit about his personal beliefs and celebrate the accomplishments of the man, FFS, who cares if someone was racist, he didn't murder blacks

Oh look, something's written right under the picture, that must be its description!

>A British activist group satirically bestowed upon Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump the title "Islamophobe of the Year." (Charles Rex Arbogast/AP)

Gee, why does a picture with Gandhi have a description talking about Dolan Trumpet? I mean, this can't be a low-effort copy-pasted screenshot, right? Right?

>he didn't murder bla

we dont know that yet

And? There's no evidence nor is anyone claiming he did, so what's your point?

Who knows? They have already removed the confederate named monuments and schools. It could happen.

But it would be fun to watch. Most areas named after Gandhi have large Indian communities.

>Black lives matter versus Indian immigrants
>bring popcorn

Ghandi said the Jews deserved to be Shoah'd because they didnt rise up en masse to protect themselves. Dont know if that counts as racist though

> Was Mahatma Gandhi an uber racist as they say?

He wasn’t a racist, he was a realist.

Multiculturalism has been an utter failure everywhere, people get along best when they’re with other people who are more or less like them.

Forcing people of wildly differing cultures to live together NEVER works.

This. Gandhi nearly got lynched 2-3 times by whites and I think he got assaulted once by Indians for something business related.

The guy understood that if shit was fucked up for an Indian then who can imagine what it was like for blacks.

usually people like it Islamist his time pre-jail and lynchings and ignore the context.

Hell a lot of polices in Southern Africa over the various states were scared of Indians dominating economically and incoming numbers.

Isolate not Islamist sorry.
Reading colonial law and economic polices is so trucking interesting to see it's effects on the modern world but alas I can't really find good free sources online and I'm far from my uni.

>yugoslavia is called Austria

What the hell