Post your favorite coat of arms/heraldry

Post your favorite coat of arms/heraldry

Other urls found in this thread:

fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suomen_kunnanvaakunat
riddarhuset.se/att/bjornberg/
youtu.be/MW0yfP525Wc?t=1723
google.co.uk/search?q=lion globe&biw=1920&bih=955&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjlrPTqjt_NAhWiK8AKHYsNC90Q_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=lion globe statue
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll bump this. I'm no heraldry buff but I'd like to see more of it.

Arms of the British statesman George Nugent-Temple-Grenville, 1st Marquess of Buckingham.

>dat inbreeding

what the fuck

It's one step from a hypercube of a coat of arms.

For clarification this coat of arms has 719 quarterings.

How many fucking families can one guy be part of

A lot of these aren't even English

probably my favorite, the black prince's "shield for peace"

Yo dawg

Now that is some lineage

Richelieu's heraldry was pretty cool

plebs all of you

plebs all of you

It's pretty funny when you think the English coat of arms had two symbols on it, and none of them was English
How cucked can a country be?

and that's it for binland

12/10 desu sempai

It's a real shame that France no longer uses their France moderne arms. It may be a republic but Portugal kept theirs arms when they overthrew their monarch.

[spoiler]10/10 coat of arms imo[/spoiler]

I think this still looks pretty good

at least we're not faggots with lions on their coat of arms despite lions being nowhere near present in fucking scandinavia.
Proud to be French on that regard desu. Flowers ftw.

We have a fugton of municipalities, and every single one may have their own coat of arms, if they wish.

You can find all of them in -> fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suomen_kunnanvaakunat - if you care

We do have some remnants of aristocracy too, but I couldn't name a single family myself. They might've been relevant before independence, but almost never after that.

isn't it the opposite? I think those are originally the coats of arms of his ancestors from a lot of various families.

this guy's job was to neuter a prince's cattle, and for his service, he was raised to nobility by his master. this is the coa he got.

quite the opposite of being cucked as a country. Those symbols represented that they had claim to those lands.

I love the ich dien part for some reson

it means "I serve"

yes i know :)

>hammer
Poor bulls.

Best coat of arms ever

a nuttcracker or something similar was also used sometimes. it allowed for a cleaner cut

They had claims on those lands because England was ruled by foreigners from those lands
Yep, that's cuckolding

well every single european land was ruled by foreigners at that time if you go back far enough.

Yeah, but England pushed it to an unprecedented extend

>cuckolding

please use big boy words.

>cnut the great
>english
that's wrong on so many levels

Three actually.

- one lion for Anjou
- two lions for Normandy
- fleurs de lis for France

They didn't even bother to put anything in there to represent England: literally the Angevin possession they cared the least about.

We have to go cuckder.

>Tudors
>Welsh

Please

Why? Their Royal coats of arms not national ones, they just list the territories they govern or claim right to govern at any rate, here's my favourite version when Mary I married Phillip II.

>they just list the territories they govern
Lol yeah, and they didn't even bother including England. England isn't even relevant enough to be included on their own kings' coat of arms, that's pretty cuck.

One of the lions is for England the other's are for Normandy and Aquitaine.

Two of the lions are for Normandy, none is for England

Always liked the simplicity of the French coat of arms.

You could have looked for an actual CoA.
Not a single point due lazyness.

The 2 lion was the symbol of the House of Normandy which went extinct in the 1130s, the 3 lions only adopted as a symbol of Richard I about 70 years later.
Though looking it up I prefer the arms of Edward the Confessor to the 3 lions.

>a coat of arms to surpass metal gear

Wrong.

The two lions were for Normandy, then the Angevins added the lion of Anjou making three lions. There's nothing about England.

>muh heritage

WE

I know it's not technically a coat of arms, but c'mon, you gotta respect a cool emblem

Aesthetic af

I like the unicorns

Afonso of Kongo's is pretty cool, apparently it was inspired by a victory his army won over Kongo traditionalists who were mad at him for converting to Christianity

>His victory was attributed to a miracle which is described by the chronicler Paiva Manso stating the army of Mpanzu a Kitima, though outnumbering Afonso, fled in terror at the sight of a heavenly apparition of Saint James the Great and five heavenly armored horsemen in the sky.

Hence the five arms with swords I guess

There's only one black Prince, and his name is Edward I

What is that Hilary of house Clinton, following the defeat of Russia by her hands

They were though. They were even involved in the Glyn Dwr rising...

My actual family crest.

i dont belive you

Oh, no!

He doesn't believe me. Better give him my full name and address so he can check me out.

Retard.

Here's more if anyone's interested:

riddarhuset.se/att/bjornberg/

My country may be nothing special, but at least it has the coolest coat of arms.

yes you better give me your name and adress you fgt

WUZ

habeeb it

actually he would've been edward IV if he had been made king

>1st Marquess of Buckingham.

and hopefully the last. Jesus fuck man

He's referring to how badass the actual Edward I was, but you're right in that the painting he posted is of Edward the Black Prince

*Edward of Woodstock

Mine!

Neat

>inb for ants

Annexing Belarus and Western Ukraine when?

Why is cologne and Brandenburg mentioned two times?

Inbreeding

are you trying to say that "The Black Prince" isn't an acceptable name?

I really like this one and it's the same as the flag which is nice

pre-Kuomintang republican China

All I see is
>no body expects the Spanish Inquisition

I've always wondered how lion symbolism became so popular in Europe. I know nothing about animals and where they live, but I always though lions were subsaraharan Africa and a few in the Persia/west India area. I can see maybe Romans knowing about lions (they had them in their games), is that how it spread to Europe?

Pretty sweet

Through bestiaries and the Bible.
For example, the Throne of Solomon is flanked by Lions.

Pic related is king Alfonso VI of Castile in a throne with... Lions.

And centuries later, the Spanish Throne, shows... Lions.

youtu.be/MW0yfP525Wc?t=1723

3 lions represents England as thats what it came to represent after John the Dumbass lost the Angevin's French holdings and England started to set into its island mentality

The lion standing on a globes a fairly common symbol, I assume it represents a country's domination over the world.

>google.co.uk/search?q=lion globe&biw=1920&bih=955&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjlrPTqjt_NAhWiK8AKHYsNC90Q_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=lion globe statue

> C C C C

Serbia confirmed.