Civilization VI

Leaked Civ VI roster (some of these will be DLC, based on recent Civ videos, there may be multiple leaders per civ far later on as DLC)

American - Teddy Roosevelt
Arabian - Saladin
Aztec - Montezuma
Brazilian - Pedro II
Celtic - Grace O'Malley
Chinese - Qin Shi Huang
Danish - Ragnar Lothbrok
Egyptian - Cleopatra
English - Victoria
French - Napoleon
German - Frederick the Great
Gran Colombian - Simon Bolivar
Greek - Alexander
Incan - Huayna Capar
Indian - Gandhi
Japanese - Hojo Tokimure
Malinese - Mansa Musa
Mongol - Genghis Khan
Ottoman - Suleiman
Persian - Cyrus
Polish - Mieszko I
Roman - Julius Caesar
Russian - Catherine
Sioux - Sitting Bull
Spanish - Isabelle I
Venetian - Enrico Dandolo
Zulu - Shaka

Egypt UA: Bonus Production towards Wonders and Districts to cities on a river. Districts and Wonders may be built on flood plains tiles.
Cleopatra UA: Outgoing trade routes generate additional Gold for Egypt. Incoming trade routes generate additional Gold for Egypt and additional Food for the trade route owner.
Egypt UU: Maryannu Chariot Archer (Replaces the Heavy Chariot). Increased movement on flat land tiles.
Egypt UI: Sphinx. Generates Faith and Culture, yields increased if placed adjacent to a Wonder.

America UA: Legacy bonuses from government types are earned twice as fast.
Roosevelt UA: Receives an extra Unique Unit in the Rough Rider (bonus to Combat Strength on hills, lower maintenance, generates Culture on kills). All units receive a bonus to Combat Strength when fighting on their home continent. National Park Improvements generate additional Tourism.
UU: P51-Mustang (Replaces the ???) Increased range, bonus against other aircraft units.
UB: Film Studio (Replaces the ???) Boosts Tourism output.

England UA: Museums contain additional Artifact slots, and Archeologists are earned/built faster.
Victoria UA: Unspecified, one of the below.
UU: Sea Dog (Replaces the ???) Can 'bully' weaker units, has a chance to capture Naval units it defeats.
UU: Redcoat (Replaces the ???) Can embark and disembark without spending a movement point, increased Combat Strength when fighting on other continents.
UD: Royal Navy Shipyard (Replaces the Harbour) All Naval units trained in the city have +1 movement. Generates Great Admiral points. Generates Gold based on the number of Shipyards on separate continents.

>that face

I really don't care about this game man, first now it looks like a fucking kids game with the style with their going the leaders instead of being portrayed like in civ 5 and earlier now the look like a cartoons. I would have bought new civ5 dlc instead of whatever they're releasing now

I'm fairly certain the leak may be fake, or at least partially wrong. I remember another list that was this verbatim, except it had Toyotomi Hideyoshi instead of Hojo Tokimune.

Bit boring tbqh

Found the old image I had saved. It mentions Hideyoshi and Elizabeth instead of Victoria, which has since been revealed.

>Arabian - Saladin
But he's Kurdish.

This. With modding civ 5 is already great. Would have bought a new big scenario tech leader mod dlc.

any good civ 5 mods?

Isn't it Hojo Tokimune?

I like the choice for Spain.

Germany should be Charlemagne.

>Germany Charlemagne
He is the king of the Frankish Empire not Germany he did for the HRE but that still doesn't make him eligible to be the leader representing Germany that title should always go to Bismarck.

I like all the effects and bonuses except for the lame chariot archer. Considering nearly everything is related to the Ptolemaic empire they could have gone with a pike phalanx or african elephants.

I don't like them giving the title of German leader to "Friedrich the great". I don't think he is worthy it.
Otto the >great would be better in my opinion.

>Russian - Catherine
Again? Christ. Are these legit leaked? I'm hoping this isn't true.

>Polish - Mieszko I
so many choices and they go with a guy we know barely anything about? shame

>Brazil - Pedro II
Don't get me wrong, I love Pedro, but I hate repeats. Why not Vargas? It would've been spicy. Granted, there is no better Brazilian leader than Pedro II.

Regardless, I'm definitely not getting this game. Looks cartoonish as fuck, total shit.

>a kurd is the leader of the Arabs

>Danes
>Malinese
>Brazilians
>No Portuguese
End me now fample

Portugal=Spain
tbqhwy

Cherry picked wiki battle graphs in 5, 4, 3, 2 1...

>India: Gandhi

What the fuck that makes me angry that they keep going with him every time when there are so many other interesting people in India's history that actually ruled it like Ashoka etc. Im not even Indian but its retarded. Also will they please pick an Egyptian leader other then fucking cleopatra. FUCK

>Considering nearly everything is related to the Ptolemaic empire

Only Cleo's ability. The other three unique elements are either general egyptian or far more ancient.

It's literally a meme.
Think they are only doing it because an early bug which would make him start global nuclear mass extinction quite frequently.

game will be shit anyway. who cares

If they're switching up most of the leaders from the last game anyways, why not replace Napoleon with Louis XIV?

Why do they hate historical accuracy so much?

"Arabian"? Not "Ayyubid" or "Ummayad"?

To make it worse, Saladin isn't even Arabian to begin with.

"Celtic" rather than, say, Picts

"Cleopatra"? In all of Egypts history they took the Greek one? Why not Hatshepsut? Akhenaten? Narmer?

Gandhi should be expected tho. Not that it's great but it should be expected.

And ofcourse, Alexander as Macedonian not Greek.

Not to begin with the ugly graphics/art style

ffs

Saladin only did really relevant things while leading Arabs.

>1UPT

Pass.

But he didn't lead "Arabs", he led the Fatimid and later the Ayyubid sultanates.

Many inhabitants were not Arab.

And why him? If you want to have an "Arabian" state why not go with, say, Al-Muaiwy I? Abd-Rahman III?

At least anyone that's actually Arabian, or just change the name of the nation.

>no dutch or portuguese
Wtf is this shit

>Roosevelt
>not Andrew Jackson
>Cleopatra
>Not Ramses 2
>Julius Caeser
>Not Augustus

>Napoleon
>Not Louis XIV, Francois I, Charles de Gaulle or [spoiler]Léon Blum[/spoiler]
Not that i hate Napoleon, but he was already in Civ 5

>no Canada
>no Australia
>no Belgium
>no Serbia
>no Albania
>no Ukraine

Shit roster.

None of those countries matter

>Belgium
>Special ability: 50% more damage against Civ in an era inferior to yours

Canadian here, you're absolutely right.

But you gotta admit, playing as Belgium and becoming THE world super power would be pretty sweet.

There's Victoria II for that

quite triggered m8

Colonial Belgium owned more land, and more people, and more resources, than Germany ever did.

>China
>not yun sat Sen

>ENGLAND
>Victoria

>Arabia
>Saladin?

I like Persia being Cyrus instead of darius

And Cleopatra isn't Egyptian, so what?

Yeah and look how influential they are thanks to it :^)

Literally king of the EU, and soon to be capital of the European Superstate.
You won't be so snappy when stormtroopers wearing the Belg... European Flag flag land in London to announce the #brentry.

>Fredrick the Great OF PRUSSIA
>Leader of Germany
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>having shit taste

There's not a single interesting nation in that list, I mean what the fuck how is that possible?

Poland (Prussia) created Germany.

WHERE ARE THE BYZANTINES

In between the Mongols and the Persians

No they created the duchy of Prussia out of the Teutons ashes. The kingdom of Prussia was created after Brandenburg and Prussia fell under the same ruler

>tfw no Felipe II
I mean I like Isabel,she is great,but I would like some variety

delet this

>"Cleopatra"? In all of Egypts history they took the Greek one? Why not Hatshepsut? Akhenaten? Narmer?
Yes, and? She ruled Egypt. She was quite the historical character. They already stated that they chose leaders based on personality more than anything else.

I would like Philip II too. Even if we probably will get a full black legend Philip I would be okay with it as long as he's portrayed cool.

I would be ok with an evilish autostic Phillip,even if it is not historically accuerate.

Well, he was not evil but he was a bit autistic. I mean, a spaniard who loves to work? It had to be autism.

Looks like the Arabs got KURDED. Saged because shit game, though.

Then why not Alexander or Augustus? They ruled Egypt aswel.

>Museums
>Redcoats
This feels so fucking lazy. Museums were not exclusively British, and redcoats were rank and file infantry of mediocre quality.

Longbowmen and some trade oriented UA would make much more sense. But judging by the art style they want to take the series in a more casual direction so redcoats because le redcoats are coming lol.

>With modding civ 5 is already great

Wrong, global happiness and one-tile-per-unit = unplayable garbage.

>Museums were not exclusively British,

True but the Brits more or less invented archeology and to this day their museums are stuffed with treasures from around teh world, so it kind of fits.

>redcoats were rank and file infantry of mediocre quality.

Not really true, they were high quality professional troops in an era of conscripts. Plus, Firaxis is an American company and to the Americans, "Redcoat" is a synonym for "Brit" even to this day,so it's inevitable they would pick them as he UU.

>True but the Brits more or less invented archeology and to this day their museums are stuffed with treasures from around teh world, so it kind of fits.
Still lazy. You could give France the exact same bonus and use Napoleon's art treasure hunts throughout Italy and Egypt as an excuse, and I'm pretty sure you can spin it around one way or another to make it applicable to Germany and a few other countries as well.

>Not really true, they were high quality professional troops in an era of conscripts.
What do you base it on? Conscription wasn't even a thing until the Napoleonic wars, and by that time the redcoats had been around for a century or two.

>Plus, Firaxis is an American company and to the Americans, "Redcoat" is a synonym for "Brit"
I guess that can't be helped. That's also why we have """""president""""" Ghandi instead of Ashoka the Great.

>Still lazy.

They clearly wanted a civ to have a bonus on museums, and there is no better candidate than Britain. Really the Brits should have some kind of improved factory building, maybe one available earlier, but that would probably be too powerful and would lead to Britain conquering the whole world.... Can't have too much history in a civ game!

> Conscription wasn't even a thing until the Napoleonic wars

Mass conscription, sure.

>> Conscription wasn't even a thing until the Napoleonic wars
>Mass conscription, sure.

Armies since ancient times were made up of a small cadre of full-time warriors plus a whole bunch of part-timers, often peasants hoping to make a fortune or simply pressganged into service. Professionalism is quite a late meme, despite the example of the Romans, and even Britain only adopted it during the Civil War (Cromwell's New Model Army).

Arabian - Saladin

re

>those leaders
>those pics
literally CivRev 3

Victoria is cute! CUTE!

Vicky was a famous beauty in her youth. She lived so long we all think of her as an old woman, but she was a 10/10 young royal, would found dynasty in.

>Teddy Roosevelt
Good enough choice
>Saladin
I support this choice
>Montezuma, Pedro
Don't know enough to really say
>Grace
1) If they make her the leader have her actual Gaelic name, that name just ruins the feeling and 2) There are better choices, such as Llewelyn Fawr
>Qin Shi Huang
Good enough for civ
>Ragnar Lodbrok
Stop obsessing over some wanderer who may or may not have even existed and recognize some decent Danish leaders such as Cnut or Valdemar
>Victoria
Don't know enough
>Cleopatra
Please Firaxis, read a book and choose a different leader. if it must be female, Hatshepsut. You did that right in Civ4.
>Napoleon, Frederick the Great, Bolivar, Alexander
I support these choices (but I think most of these civs could stand alternate leaders)
>Hojo, Mansa Musa
Don't know enough
>Genghis Khan, Suleiman
Good enough I guess
>Cyrus
Good choice.
>Mieszko
Don't know enough
>Caesar
Would prefer someone else but compared to some on here decent.
>Catherine
As good as we'll get from Firaxis, but I would like Ivan the Terrible
>Rest
Don't know enough

They're all irrelevant.

Gandhi is civilization's mascot. The only way to have indian leaders that aren't Gandhi in this series is to have several leaders for each civilization.

Literally the only thing that justifies Ghandi is his popularity though. It's on par with having Kim Kardashian represent America, only slightly less retarded.

They became "high quality professional troops" in the 19th century before that they were quite literally the "scum of the earth"

Enjoy that hemophilia

Norway: Harald Hairfair or Olaf the Holy
Not that it's ever going to happen, us being lumped in with Denmark what with city names and unique units in what is basically an insult. But what can one do, it's not exactly a eurocentric game by an account.

If perhaps your nation didn't constantly get cucked by sweden and denmark then it would be on the list.

I am Norwegian and I found it funny

But the real question is:
>Would you be interested in a trade agreement with England?

Or, you know, the other guy.

>Greek - Alexander
>not Agesilaus II
>Russia - Catherine "the great"
>again

FUCK OFF ENGLAND
YOU'LL NEVER WIN WITH YOUR SHITTY RENAISSANCE-ONLY MILITARY UUs AND NOTHING ELSE GOING FOR YOU

>tfw you're all the posts in this thread

>cucked
Stop.

>not wanting Catherine's cleavage in every game

>wanting a traitor to the nation representing your nation, purely because she was a whore for western ideology
""""the great""""

>she believed in western ideology
So you are trying to say she was a superb ruler.

This had better be bullshit. I don't see Korea on that list.

>shitting on your own people's culture and religion for voltaire's ideals
no

why no Assyria, Sumer or Babylon? I expected to be disappointed with No Hittites, but I expect 1 mesopotamian civilization at least.

America better not be an underpowered civ again

Which makes me think it's absolute garbage, or a list of an older version/ideas. Babylon has been in nearly every single version besides maybe one I believe. I don't see why they'd leave it out now.

Actually Egypt was never referred to as Egypt until it became colonized by Greeks. Egypt is a Greek word. The only reason it persists today is because Latin barbarians can't into history.

DLC you niggers, same as last time.

>the West is terrible and the slavs had the right idea
Said no one ever.

>who are the slavophiles?
Stop memeing at me you western fuck. At least read books so you can pretend to understand eastern culture.

cultural better not be stupid strong victory type again

firaxis will never have the balls to include the hebrews/israelites in this