When you realize that you are wrong...

>when you realize that you are wrong, but you are too invested in the argument to admit it and instead start throwing random insults

How do I defeat this demon?

You stop posting and do something enjoyable instead.

Don't take yourself too seriously.

Just stop replying and don't visit the thread again. At least that's what I do.

Oh, you can also post smug anime girls

You realize that nobody knows who you are and it's a good place to learn how to apologize for being wrong.

Constantine?

That's where you're supposed to be convinced and say 'at last i truly see'.

Just stop posting.

Don't listen to these spineless autists, you're doing great, user. Remember, to win, you must always have the last word in any discussion.

At least I truly see.

the trick is known as self-respect

I just go off and read. I figure the time I spend arguing about stupid shit could instead be spent doing something constructive. If I'm truly convinced that I'm wrong, I try to calm down and apologize.

>babby can't into civil discussion
That's why the board sucks.

You suck.

Stop being so insecure that you can't say "I stand corrected" without feeling like your character is being assaulted

Just call your opponent cuck and post smug anime girls. works 100% of the time

You remind yourself before posting

Most of the time I start the conversation convinced I am correct, and I get passionate when the other person is failing to see the obvious objective truth that I am bringing, and then after 40 minutes of exchanging passive aggressive tl;dr posts I start to doubt if I am indeed correct. The guy brings up some points I can't refute. I don't know for certain I am wrong, but I do know that I can't prove him wrong either, and he is asking questions I can't answer.

Now if I was certain I'm wrong I'd admit it, but because I am just not sure anymore, I continue arguing as if I was convinced I am correct, because my anger pushes me that way. With no way to refute his arguments I start insulting instead, and my hand goes into my pants. As I stroke the shaft and grind my teeth I bring out the smug animu girls and as I see anger in his own post, and some third party user calling him a cuck, I ejaculate all over the empty pizza box on my desk, take a breather, and go play some Paradox grand strategy, making sure to check the thread every now and then, hoping someone will read our conversation and agree with me.

Do this OP

I see someone has learnt their debating tactics from /pol

Hey, whatever works, right?

That is clearly an /a/ tactic you sheep scrubbing mongoloid

Try to remain calm and open throughout the entire argument

If irl, it's pretty easy, since most people are a lot more easy-going. Online, just switch over periodically to doing something you like to calm down enough.

That way, if you are wrong, it's no great thing to concede. Some people will admit you make valid points even if you're wrong overall.

It's a mix.

Are you me?

And more importantly will you marry me? And will you gib boy pukky?

>Keeping pizza boxes on your desk

Gross.

>apologizes
>other guy immidately starts laughing at you and spreading salt on the wound.

I dont rememeber anyone ever writing "I stand corrected" on Veeky Forums.
Ask yourself, what is the point to write that? In personal itneractions it makes sense as you want ot be civil and nice to others, your collegues or friends otherwise they wont want ot talk to you again. But here? Veeky Forums's structure is not conductive towards such etiquette.

Frame your arguments as questions.

read plato

call your opponent a racist

I'd love to see that shitposter Constanigger finally admit that he/she is wrong for a change. But in this case, it envolves much more than just ego. The individual becomes so invested in that particular ideology, having read tons of books and accumulated so much information that admiting it is wrong means admiting that you believed in a lie and have wasted your time with useless knowledge for all these years, and that makes you look stupid, besides ensuing an existencial crisis. So yeah, sure Constafaggot, the bible is a divine book and not work of humans hands.

She doesn't rely on the bible; she relies on what they tell her at her local church, and at the center of her religion. Her bible knowledge is scant; she just repeats what her "priests" tell her.

The bible is a collaboration between men and God; you are right to say it was written by men, but ill advised to neglect that those men were filled with and inspired by the Holy Spirit of God.

When you know you're wrong, just fucking admit it.

A lot of the time people think they're arguing about the same thing when they're talking about two different things entirely. That's usually where a lot of this "bunker down, right or wrong" activity comes from.

Also, who the fuck cares if you're right on an anonymous imageboard? Do you have some kind of reputation to maintain?

Divest yourself from the argument. Don't make an ideology a core part of your identity if you aren't able to defend it.

The purpose of arguing anonymously on the internet is not to win but to learn.

Wouldn't know that, because I'm never wrong.

do you do the same thing irl OP?

>Veeky Forums is for civil discussion
You are in the wrong place, m8.

I don't know why you would ever thing anonymous discussion would be civil.

Kek, no. Nothing is original to /pol/, except this newfaggery stormfagging shit. Best girl posting has always been on /a/. It's original form was Ami.

t. Oldfag.

Shitpost and chase yourself away anonymously.

Admit you're wrong, admit you grew a little, take a bow, then move on.

Don't listen to the people telling you to *just* walk away, there's the extra step of growing.

It's nice to hear someone on this board admitting they feel this way because I have a feeling that a lot of the people I argue with around here leave the discussion feeling pretty dumb.

*flexes muscles*

It's okay, I didn't get here by being right all the time.

Isn't that going a little too far?